TTC New Vehicle Installations/Unusual equipments

1 hour ago, Ultimate said:

7957 has the new white line, also can that list on the first page maybe be organized a bit or does someone have a proper list?

I never received any message from the previous owner, so I haven’t updated the list. Probably won’t be updating the list until the week of December 30th.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2020 at 1:23 AM, Genius101 said:

I rode in T1 car #5044 and noticed that the B-end of the car has a A-side type sliding door. 

I believe #5293 is the opposite. The A-end of that car has a B-side sliding door. 

Yes, 5044 has been like that for a while now (at least since 2017 if not earlier).

Edit: here's a picture of 5044 from February 2017.

5044.JPG

And you're right about 5293.

On 11/17/2019 at 4:36 PM, 81-717 said:

5293 has a non-cab end door at the cab end. It is currently on run 220

Edited by 81-717

8949 has a few things:

- Stand behind the white line sticker

- Stand behind the white line, line

- POP decals on the exterior near both front & rear doors, and interior behind the driver & near the rear presto machine

- A really large “caution, bus lowers, watch your step” sign (like the ones found on the Orion Vs)

• Like 1

Speaking of the doors between cars... Is there any sort of indication in the operator or guard's cab that someone is walking thru the doors? The other day a bunch of idiot high schoolers were running thru the car doors, and there was no announcement or any action by the crew, at next station it just went on as usual. This was right in the middle of the train, so it wouldn't have been observed by either operator or guard.

On 1/20/2020 at 9:40 PM, MK78 said:

Speaking of the doors between cars... Is there any sort of indication in the operator or guard's cab that someone is walking thru the doors? The other day a bunch of idiot high schoolers were running thru the car doors, and there was no announcement or any action by the crew, at next station it just went on as usual. This was right in the middle of the train, so it wouldn't have been observed by either operator or guard.

There is no indication whatsoever

3 hours ago, TechnicaProductions said:

There is no indication whatsoever

That isn't very safe or smart... I'm not saying engage the EB, but at least some kind of loud buzzer and notify the onboard crew so they can yell thru the PA.