TTC New Vehicle Installations/Unusual equipments

3 hours ago, MK78 said:

How do they control the signs on the T1 trains? I do recall seeing a rotary switch on the back side of the cab that I think was used for that, at least maybe initially. I wonder if they've automated it now.

Actually I think it was automated before. I remember back in 2017 when I saw 5050 in service, while its side sign was saying "Out of Service". I also saw 5086 with the same side sign even tho it was in service.

On 8/24/2019 at 9:56 AM, TTC Guy said:

1007 also has the NG next stop sign over the old one

I remember some of the Diesel OG's in the east end used to have severely faded Stop Request signs, so this is probably why these have been covered with the newer ones.

• Like 2

T1's 5180-5181-5312-5313-5139-5138 had its side signs working today to Kipling. It was Run 230 this morning, and i'm guessing it went back to Greenwood after rush hour was over because when I went to find it during afternoon rush, it was no longer run 230.

11 hours ago, MK78 said:

I remember some of the Diesel OG's in the east end used to have severely faded Stop Request signs, so this is probably why these have been covered with the newer ones.

I don’t believe that’s the case here. I think the previous Stop Request light blinked its last life and wasn’t operable anymore. I’m assuming parts for that specific light aren’t available anymore, so replacement of the ugly NG Stop Request bulb is the only available option in stock

4 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

I don’t believe that’s the case here. I think the previous Stop Request light blinked its last life and wasn’t operable anymore. I’m assuming parts for that specific light aren’t available anymore, so replacement of the ugly NG Stop Request bulb is the only available option in stock

Correct. The original fixtures have been out of production over a decade.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TTC7595 said:

5304/05 5226/27 5321/20 had it’s signs/external announcements working

Can confirm, it also has the updated "towards Kipling" instead of the older "to Kipling"

I can also confirm those side signs are changed manually

30 minutes ago, 63 Ossington said:

Are Line 1 side signs/external announcements also changed manually? I was on 601X this afternoon SB University side and they were both saying "To Vaughan".

Most likely since this is the case for the T1's. When I got off 5304 today, I did infact see the operate rotating something. While he was rotating it, I saw the side signs on 5304 change from "Line 2 towards Kennedy"(even tho it was a westbound train) to "Out of Service" then a blank side sign.

#3538 now has the "Stand behind the white line" decals and the new white line that says "Stand behind the line". It also has a decal saying that you need to pay your fare because operators can't pay it for you.

8620-8716, 8720-8927, 8929-8930 have the three orange dots on the front door.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Shemar said:

#3538 now has the "Stand behind the white line" decals and the new white line that says "Stand behind the line". It also has a decal saying that you need to pay your fare because operators can't pay it for you.

8620-8716, 8720-8927, 8929-8930 have the three orange dots on the front door.

Wow, so they started adding the three orange dots again?