TTC New Vehicle Installations/Unusual equipments

4 hours ago, yrt1000 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned here before, but I was on board TR set 575x this morning and it had the side destination sign active, as well as an external announcement saying “Line 1 towards Vaughan”

Set 559x also has the side destination sign active. Not sure about the external announcements.

10 hours ago, yrt1000 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned here before, but I was on board TR set 575x this morning and it had the side destination sign active, as well as an external announcement saying “Line 1 towards Vaughan”

Many TR's have had their side destination signs activated. Problem is, some of them have been showing inconsistent destinations between cars; for example one car on a train will show "Line 1 towards Vaughan", while another car will show "Line 1 towards Union".

Pretty pathetic that this has been worked on for months, and they still cant even get it right.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lip said:

Many TR's have had their side destination signs activated. Problem is, some of them have been showing inconsistent destinations between cars; for example one car on a train will show "Line 1 towards Vaughan", while another car will show "Line 1 towards Union".

Pretty pathetic that this has been worked on for months, and they still cant even get it right.

Yes I was able to see something like this happen today too, one of the TR's I saw was heading only to York Mills but the side sign said "Line 1 towards Finch", and there was another TR that was out of service but the side sign was still saying "Line 1 toward Vaughan".

Also, 5008-5009, 5010-5011, 5012-5013 have the CCTV stickers.

On 7/29/2019 at 3:39 PM, DAT_28 said:

Isn’t 1382 repainted?

That is not 1382, but 1380. I saw it today.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

18 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

We need something like this on the NG's because the stock lights are terrible. 

Well, the manufacturer claims that they are DOT compliant and produce less glare.

A lot of them must be misaimed because they are quite glaring to other traffic. An unknown 7900/8000 followed me onto the 427 northbound the other morning, and even when I was at least 500m ahead its headlights were still making my autodim mirror dim....and the interior of my car light up. I wonder if it's worthwhile to put in complaints to the TTC if I get the bus number.

3 hours ago, Ed T. said:

Well, the manufacturer claims that they are DOT compliant and produce less glare.

A lot of them must be misaimed because they are quite glaring to other traffic. An unknown 7900/8000 followed me onto the 427 northbound the other morning, and even when I was at least 500m ahead its headlights were still making my autodim mirror dim....and the interior of my car light up. I wonder if it's worthwhile to put in complaints to the TTC if I get the bus number.

If you did, they’d be followed up on. That’s one customer service initiative that had withstood the departure of Mr. Byford.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, MK78 said:

Any word when the Line 2 side signs might be working? All trains have had them now for quite some time. How hard can it be to synchronize it to whatever system is used for the front & rear signs?

I think they'll start making them work once all of Line 1 is completed