TTC New Vehicle Installations/Unusual equipments

On 7/13/2019 at 7:27 PM, 8930 said:

They are definitely screwed shut. I tried opening one of the windows on 9200 and saw a screw holding the latch in place. The AC was off too. Impossible to open regardless of whether the AC is on or not.

Looks like @Bus_Medic was right.

Whoever came up with this idea and approved the implementation deserves a stupidity award and medal of honor. Unless there's some kind of safety reason for it, this is the most ridiculous policy implementation i've heard of in the past 10 years.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

I had an Orion the other day with windows screwed shut ?‍♂️

The AC works in Orions in the back at least.

But on the Nova's its a horrible idea. At least they can't screw the top emergency exit vent shut.

Though I had a fun conversation with another passenger about the direction which it should be open to guide more air inside. Holy cow she was persistent in thinking the back side of the vent should be lifted open to guide more air in. I just laughed cuz i was getting off in a few stops. Other passengers were grinning too.

• Haha 1

Not sure what T1 car this was as my friend caught this but it looks like they might start putting up these maps exclusively on Line 2. With this happening could we expect the maps on the TRs to change to exclusive line maps instead of the current system map?

90476328-73F2-4A74-BF9B-26671E794764.thumb.png.28cc72aa70006c72111c791fc57d06fc.png

On 7/13/2019 at 7:27 PM, 8930 said:

They are definitely screwed shut. I tried opening one of the windows on 9200 and saw a screw holding the latch in place. The AC was off too. Impossible to open regardless of whether the AC is on or not.

I have seen this on Eglinton Nova's the past few days now. Just a screw thru the latch so it can't be pushed down.

13 minutes ago, leylandvictory2 said:

from the nova hybrid I saw, they use the same square screw to lock the compartment behind the driver seat. 

I definitely did not see the square lock like on the hybrids or 3100 series. I'll try to snap a picture if I see it today. It looked like a screw that went thru the part of the latch that you push down. It prevents the handle from being pushed down.

All tip-in windows are getting screwed shut to prevent misguided people from opening the windows and letting the cold air they desperately seek to flow straight outside. The square locks on the Nova hybrids should have been enough but people still open those. Yes, the AC in the rear of the Novas is weak, but when the AC outlets are at the side and the open windows angle the cold air outwards (plus letting the humidity in), magic of thermal magic, the rest of the bus suffers. 

And on the roof vent topic, stop using the red lock handle to open the vent, just push and tilt the vent, they are a PITA to reconnect