New Flyer D60LF Retirement / Storage watch

Express691

Just now, briguychau said:

8046 was last active on Jan 4, 8083 hasn't been seen since before 2019, and 8098 was last active on Jan 11. Are they also retired or are they having maintenance performed?

I believe 8046 was already reported dead. Dont know if it was here or on discord.

• Thanks 1

8077 is dead. That was the last known D60LF to appear on the 160.

8066 and 8089 are also done.

8060, 8064, 8065, 8098 are also done.

8063 remains the last active luggage rack bus.

This also means that none of the D60LF that came to Surrey for the opening of the 96 B-Line are remaining in active revenue service.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, briguychau said:

I guess RTC will finally stop accidentally putting the luggage racked buses on the 49... You can send the wrong bus if there's no wrong bus ?

Nah they'll just use the Nova Suburbans and the Orion Vs. Any bus with luggage racks of any kind is good for that route ?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bob32189 said:

Nah they'll just use the Nova Suburbans and the Orion Vs. Any bus with luggage racks of any kind is good for that route ?

The racks on the suburban Novas have way better functionality than the ones on the Orions.

Currently there are no plans to re-fit some of the XDE60 with luggage racks. I hope I'm wrong though.

2 minutes ago, Express691 said:

The racks on the suburban Novas have way better functionality than the ones on the Orions.

Currently there are no plans to re-fit some of the XDE60 with luggage racks. I hope I'm wrong though.

I just used a luggage rack for the first time ever, on a crush loaded nova 601 - I wasnt the only one either. Never thought to use them over many Orion commutes...

2 minutes ago, Phillip said:

Did they retire those buses leaving the luggage rack in? They haven't been equipped with them for long, they should remove the luggage racks and reuse them otherwise it's a waste of money.

We'll assume yes, unless otherwise. Then again, I still think the racks don't relatively cost much to make and install. The effort was already wasted when they decided to put racks on the oldest artics instead of the newer ones.

36 minutes ago, Phillip said:

Did they retire those buses leaving the luggage rack in? They haven't been equipped with them for long, they should remove the luggage racks and reuse them otherwise it's a waste of money.

I agree with you 100%! We all know how Translink likes to waste money in the first place!

• 2 weeks later...