Air Canada storing some 777 aircraft at Marana (MZJ) ?

C-FIUR, C-FITU are already there.  C-FKAU and another unknown scheduled to arrive.

1 hour ago, Michel said:

Air Canada storing some 777 aircraft at Marana (MZJ) ?

C-FIUR, C-FITU are already there.  C-FKAU and another unknown scheduled to arrive.

Yes they are storing some of them there, they’re not going to be retired, YMX was being used for storage but I don’t know if it still is 

1 hour ago, John Oke said:

Yes they are storing some of them there, they’re not going to be retired, YMX was being used for storage but I don’t know if it still is 

Wonder how much longer before the 777s start heading to the scrappers in large numbers?  Read the other day that Delta is phasing out the it's 777s in favor of A350s

2 hours ago, Marc said:

Wonder how much longer before the 777s start heading to the scrappers in large numbers?  Read the other day that Delta is phasing out the it's 777s in favor of A350s

Given how long they kept the 767’s and A320’s for, at least another 8-15 years 

Air Canada released their 2020 Q2 financial figures today. Alongside the to-be-expected drop in financials, there were some interesting items in the fleet figures:

https://www.aircanada.com/content/dam/aircanada/portal/documents/PDF/en/quarterly-result/2020/2020_MDA_q2.pdf

- The A320 fleet as of June 30, 2020 doesn't appear to account for the few airframes which were retired in the past few months.

- Air Canada is getting another A330-300 in 2020.

- Confirmation that the Rouge Boeing 767-300 fleet has been retired.

- The Rouge A319s are still on the roster, though 6 are indicated as retired. Air Canada indicates 29 aircraft still need to be removed in 2020, so this will likely clear this roster sometime this year along with 13 mainline airframes (A320s I presume).

- All Dash 8-100s are gone.

- Air Canada Express Beechcraft 1900D operations with EVAS is done.

• Like 3

I heard rumours that AC placed orders/activated options for the A220-100, I can’t seem to confirm it, but does anyone have a reliable source confirming it?

40 minutes ago, John Oke said:

I heard rumours that AC placed orders/activated options for the A220-100, I can’t seem to confirm it, but does anyone have a reliable source confirming it?

But I heard the other rumour for AC might get rid of the order of A220 and B737-MAX, but nothing confirmed~~

I think if AC wants the A220-100, that might be most likely A319 will be gone after A221 get in~~

28 minutes ago, Cathay 888 said:

But I heard the other rumour for AC might get rid of the order of A220 and B737-MAX, but nothing confirmed~~

Yeah I heard that rumor as well. Along with A321LR/A321neo/A330neo/A350 orders being rumored as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Oke said:

Yeah I heard that rumor as well. Along with A321LR/A321neo/A330neo/A350 orders being rumored as well.

A350 is a new rumour to me. Would those be replacements or new additions ? 

7 hours ago, Ninja Bus Fan said:

A350 is a new rumour to me. Would those be replacements or new additions ? 

777-200LR and A330-300 replacements and some new additions. 

5 hours ago, John Oke said:

777-200LR and A330-300 replacements and some new additions. 

Why would they get rid of those planes, especially when their adding more A330's to the fleet. 

1 minute ago, Ninja Bus Fan said:

Why would they get rid of those planes, especially when their adding more A330's to the fleet. 

See that's what I've been thinking. I'm not sure where the A350 rumor came from, but I'm honestly not sure that it's gonna happen or that it's the best move for AC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zortan said:

See that's what I've been thinking. I'm not sure where the A350 rumor came from, but I'm honestly not sure that it's gonna happen or that it's the best move for AC.

It honestly doesn't really make any sense unless for example they'll move mainline 787's or 333's to Rouge and to replace those planes order some 350's. But if anything if AC were to order new wide bodies I could see them ordering the new 777X over the A350. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, John Oke said:

A321NEO-LR will most likely happen as possible, especially some flight would be more suitable for A321NEO-LR, but someone said they want A221 would be make more sense while AC want to get rid of their A319~~