$50 for that? $15 yeah, I could see that, but $50? Yikes!

Years ago, Lufthansa offered products where they took aircraft parts and turned them into something useful like a clock, pen holder, belt buckle, money clip, key chain and even furniture, now that was cool!  I ended up using some of my LH points and buying a desk clock that was shaped like a 737 tail and made from the actual tail of a LH 737.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 9924 said:

$50 for that? $15 yeah, I could see that, but $50? Yikes!

Years ago, Lufthansa offered products where they took aircraft parts and turned them into something useful like a clock, pen holder, belt buckle, money clip, key chain and even furniture, now that was cool!  I ended up using some of my LH points and buying a desk clock that was shaped like a 737 tail and made from the actual tail of a LH 737.

It’s limited edition, only 1850 where made, reason why for the price to be where it is ($43.95)as well there are several more tags you can get for less than $30.00

One of Air Canada’s mainline 767’s is on the move.  C-GLCA as AC7092 to Mexico City.  For an aircraft that was supposed to be retired it’s been flying a few days a week.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Michel said:

One of Air Canada’s mainline 767’s is on the move.  C-GLCA as AC7092 to Mexico City.  For an aircraft that was supposed to be retired it’s been flying a few days a week.

The remaining 2 767s have been running almost daily Mexico City runs only. The E190s were supposed to be retired immediately as well, but I'm still seeing a few of them operating.

Air Canada also released their July schedule, with a definite service increase but still lots of destinations suspended: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/book/travel-news-and-updates/2020/route-updates.html

The schedule no longer shows suspended routes, so if the destination doesn't show in the list, it's not running in July.

Based on some dummy bookings, looks like Rouge service is returning in July, so I would expect fleet movement from storage in the coming weeks.

In other news, Air Canada is going to start operating all-business class Air Canada Jetz aircraft on RapidAir routes (YYZ-YOW and YYZ-YUL). Considering these aircraft are usually only used by sports teams or expensive charters, this is likely a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to fly a Jetz aircraft. Flights are sold as Premium Economy and, based on dummy bookings, a flight to Ottawa one way is about $369 (compared to ~$475 for a regular business class seat) and Montreal $384 (regular business is around ~$500).

• Like 2

A220 Delivery Update:

6 Delivered: C-GROV, C-GJXE, C-GJXN, C-GJXV, C-GJXW, C-GJXY

0 known built and awaiting delivery from Airbus

39 not built or built and not registered 

Other known registrations: C-GJYA, C-GJYE, G-GJYI

Edited by John Oke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Was doing some dummy bookings in November from YYZ-YOW and the E190 is still in the schedule 

edit: It will most likely be switched for a A220 or 737MAX8 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, John Oke said:

Was doing some dummy bookings in November from YYZ-YOW and the E190 is still in the schedule 

The same happen when you book/dummy book KLM out of YYZ and not fly codeshare, It still registers as a 747 but it's now a 787

• Like 2

22 hours ago, John Oke said:

edit: It will most likely be switched for a A220 or 737MAX8 

I wouldn't trust anything in the schedule past June; flight schedules are too volatile now.

Many flights that were supposed to restart in June, per their schedule earlier this month, have been postponed. You can only really work on the short-term right now.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, John Oke said:

Several A319’s, a E190 and a 763 are heading for scrap today

9D1AABA9-4BCA-410D-A685-40D415F84B91.png

I see a 737 Max in the list - but would have though by this point they all would have been in storage or would this be an extended storage?

3 E190s remain active, while the 2 763s are still kicking with Toronto-Mexico runs (though one is doing a YYZ-YUL run tomorrow).

4 Rouge A319s are ferried Windsor to Toronto today.

• Thanks 2

On 5/29/2020 at 9:44 AM, John Oke said:

Several A319’s, a E190 and a 763 are heading for scrap today

9D1AABA9-4BCA-410D-A685-40D415F84B91.png

According to Flightradar24, a few more aircraft than expected went to Marana (MZJ) for storage/scrap yesterday, May 29. See the screenshot below for full information.

image.thumb.png.d3b31823f7463e2ac67285b3a3d11a1a.png

Note: For the three aircraft with "Unknown" status:

• C-FNAP (E190) - Landed at Marana (MZJ) at 09:10 local time on May 29;
  • C-FYIY (A319) - Landed at Tucson Marana Regional Airport (AVW) at 09:51 local time on May 29;
  • C-FYJE (A319) - Landed at Tucson Marana Regional Airport (AVW) at 10:43 local time on May 29.

I found this information by going to the individual plane's data page, as well as the "On Ground" page for Tucson Marana Regional Airport (AVW).

Flight numbers and origin airports for these three aircraft in the screenshot above are correct.

Also, I should mention that a 737 MAX 8 left Marana (MZJ) yesterday, May 29, bound for Windsor (YQG). Registration is C-GEJL, which is a different 737 MAX 8 than the one that arrived earlier in the day (C-GEHY). See the first screenshot below.

C-GEJL Landed at YQG at 17:26 EDT yesterday, May 29.

Also, the E190 (C-FNAP) is flying from Marana (MZJ) to Toronto (YYZ) as AC2336 today, May 30. The E190 is bringing the flight crews back to Toronto. See both screenshots below.

UPDATE: C-FNAP Landed at YYZ at 17:14 EDT today, May 30.

image.thumb.png.77142dc54fea1d821f1cb305334f005b.png

image.thumb.png.a0c66badcc5d1a3f524cf20d5bf245e4.png

• Like 2