$50 for that? $15 yeah, I could see that, but $50? Yikes!

Years ago, Lufthansa offered products where they took aircraft parts and turned them into something useful like a clock, pen holder, belt buckle, money clip, key chain and even furniture, now that was cool!  I ended up using some of my LH points and buying a desk clock that was shaped like a 737 tail and made from the actual tail of a LH 737.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 9924 said:

$50 for that? $15 yeah, I could see that, but $50? Yikes!

Years ago, Lufthansa offered products where they took aircraft parts and turned them into something useful like a clock, pen holder, belt buckle, money clip, key chain and even furniture, now that was cool!  I ended up using some of my LH points and buying a desk clock that was shaped like a 737 tail and made from the actual tail of a LH 737.

It’s limited edition, only 1850 where made, reason why for the price to be where it is ($43.95)as well there are several more tags you can get for less than $30.00

One of Air Canada’s mainline 767’s is on the move.  C-GLCA as AC7092 to Mexico City.  For an aircraft that was supposed to be retired it’s been flying a few days a week.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Michel said:

One of Air Canada’s mainline 767’s is on the move.  C-GLCA as AC7092 to Mexico City.  For an aircraft that was supposed to be retired it’s been flying a few days a week.

The remaining 2 767s have been running almost daily Mexico City runs only. The E190s were supposed to be retired immediately as well, but I'm still seeing a few of them operating.

Air Canada also released their July schedule, with a definite service increase but still lots of destinations suspended: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/book/travel-news-and-updates/2020/route-updates.html

The schedule no longer shows suspended routes, so if the destination doesn't show in the list, it's not running in July.

Based on some dummy bookings, looks like Rouge service is returning in July, so I would expect fleet movement from storage in the coming weeks.

In other news, Air Canada is going to start operating all-business class Air Canada Jetz aircraft on RapidAir routes (YYZ-YOW and YYZ-YUL). Considering these aircraft are usually only used by sports teams or expensive charters, this is likely a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to fly a Jetz aircraft. Flights are sold as Premium Economy and, based on dummy bookings, a flight to Ottawa one way is about $369 (compared to ~$475 for a regular business class seat) and Montreal $384 (regular business is around ~$500).

• Like 3

A220 Delivery Update:

6 Delivered: C-GROV, C-GJXE, C-GJXN, C-GJXV, C-GJXW, C-GJXY

0 known built and awaiting delivery from Airbus

39 not built or built and not registered 

Other known registrations: C-GJYA, C-GJYE, G-GJYI

Edited by John Oke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Was doing some dummy bookings in November from YYZ-YOW and the E190 is still in the schedule 

edit: It will most likely be switched for a A220 or 737MAX8 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, John Oke said:

Was doing some dummy bookings in November from YYZ-YOW and the E190 is still in the schedule 

The same happen when you book/dummy book KLM out of YYZ and not fly codeshare, It still registers as a 747 but it's now a 787

• Like 2

22 hours ago, John Oke said:

edit: It will most likely be switched for a A220 or 737MAX8 

I wouldn't trust anything in the schedule past June; flight schedules are too volatile now.

Many flights that were supposed to restart in June, per their schedule earlier this month, have been postponed. You can only really work on the short-term right now.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, John Oke said:

Several A319’s, a E190 and a 763 are heading for scrap today

9D1AABA9-4BCA-410D-A685-40D415F84B91.png

I see a 737 Max in the list - but would have though by this point they all would have been in storage or would this be an extended storage?

3 E190s remain active, while the 2 763s are still kicking with Toronto-Mexico runs (though one is doing a YYZ-YUL run tomorrow).

4 Rouge A319s are ferried Windsor to Toronto today.

• Thanks 2

Also want to mention that the 6th A220, C-GJXY was delivered to YUL today

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 9:44 AM, John Oke said:

Several A319’s, a E190 and a 763 are heading for scrap today

9D1AABA9-4BCA-410D-A685-40D415F84B91.png

According to Flightradar24, a few more aircraft than expected went to Marana (MZJ) for storage/scrap yesterday, May 29. See the screenshot below for full information.

image.thumb.png.d3b31823f7463e2ac67285b3a3d11a1a.png

Note: For the three aircraft with "Unknown" status:

• C-FNAP (E190) - Landed at Marana (MZJ) at 09:10 local time on May 29;
  • C-FYIY (A319) - Landed at Tucson Marana Regional Airport (AVW) at 09:51 local time on May 29;
  • C-FYJE (A319) - Landed at Tucson Marana Regional Airport (AVW) at 10:43 local time on May 29.

I found this information by going to the individual plane's data page, as well as the "On Ground" page for Tucson Marana Regional Airport (AVW).

Flight numbers and origin airports for these three aircraft in the screenshot above are correct.

Also, I should mention that a 737 MAX 8 left Marana (MZJ) yesterday, May 29, bound for Windsor (YQG). Registration is C-GEJL, which is a different 737 MAX 8 than the one that arrived earlier in the day (C-GEHY). See the first screenshot below.

C-GEJL Landed at YQG at 17:26 EDT yesterday, May 29.

Also, the E190 (C-FNAP) is flying from Marana (MZJ) to Toronto (YYZ) as AC2336 today, May 30. The E190 is bringing the flight crews back to Toronto. See both screenshots below.

UPDATE: C-FNAP Landed at YYZ at 17:14 EDT today, May 30.

image.thumb.png.77142dc54fea1d821f1cb305334f005b.png

image.thumb.png.a0c66badcc5d1a3f524cf20d5bf245e4.png

• Like 2

Sad but not surprising, the final Air Canada Boeing 767-300ER flight was early yesterday evening between Montreal-Pierre Eliot Trudeau (YUL/CYUL) and Toronto-Lester B. Pearson (YYZ/CYYZ). Tail 638 registered as C-FTCA flew as Air Canada flight 439 from YUL-YYZ. This ends 38 years of 767 Service with Air Canada (Both the -200 and -300) The first ever 767 delivered was a 767-200 Tail 601 registered as C-GAUB was delivered in October 1982 and entered service on February 14th 1983. Air Canada would operate 48 total 767's 25 of their own and another 23 from the merger of Canadian Airlines in 2001. 

Please post any photos of the Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or Canadian Airlines 767's here. I'll start with a view of the Air Canada Rouge 767 wing and winglet taken last March (2019) at YYZ after a flight from RSW and my AC 767-300ER Aviationtag which is from ex-Canadian Airlines and Air Canada 767-300ER registered as C-FCAG.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/about/media/media-features/767-retirement.html

IMG_1899.JPG

IMG_0929.jpg

• Like 1

My first flight on AC's 767 was back in 1985 from YVR to YYZ, last one was in 2018 from LAS to YVR and many, many, many flights in between from Trans-Continental to Trans-Atlantic in every livery to grace AC's 767s from AC, CP and PW.  Spent many hours sitting in the jump seat but the most memorable experience was taking off from RWY 13 at YVR on the way to YYZ in a windstorm.

Always got a good chuckle flying Rouge's 767s and thinking, ya know, the aircraft is older than the cabin crew 🤣

Knowing that the 767s days were numbered, I tried booking a few "last flights" here and there just for one more ride:

13220660-10209792725323375-8696322002263

• Like 3

As an aviation enthusiast, I have lots of memories of spotting and photographing Air Canada's 767s. I also have many memories of standing on the third level Observation Deck at YOW, waiting for them to arrive from LHR and FRA, as well as YYZ.

Whenever I would head up to YOW to do some spotting, I would make sure to visit when an AC 767 was arriving or departing. It was always nice to see these beautiful birds.

For the last several years, Air Canada operated the year-round flights from LHR-YOW and YOW-LHR; as well as the seasonal FRA-YOW and YOW-FRA flights with 767s. AC also operated some of the YYZ-YOW and YOW-YYZ flights with 767s as well. The AC 767s were definitely a regular feature around YOW.

One time, due to mechanical issues with one of the 767s, as well as bad weather, there were four AC 767s at YOW at once. Now that was a sight to see! One of the AC 767 pilots was on the Observation Deck later that day, and he and I ended up having a nice long chat about the 767s.  

Sadly, I am not much of an overseas traveller, so I never got the chance to fly on any Air Canada 767s. However, from now on, whenever I go to YOW to do some spotting, I will be reminded of the Air Canada 767s, and how they played a role in introducing me to the fascinating world of aviation.

Here is a photo I took of two Air Canada Boeing 767-300s at YOW in 2016. I took this photo from the third level Observation Deck inside the Main Terminal Building.

image.thumb.png.fb077bb4c123acba9844f4ba0f1e7c83.png C-FXCA (foreground) and C-FOCA (background) at Ottawa International Airport (YOW). Taken on June 30, 2016.

On 6/3/2020 at 4:30 PM, John Oke said:

Sad but not surprising, the final Air Canada Boeing 767-300ER flight was early yesterday evening between Montreal-Pierre Eliot Trudeau (YUL/CYUL) and Toronto-Lester B. Pearson (YYZ/CYYZ). Tail 638 registered as C-FTCA flew as Air Canada flight 439 from YUL-YYZ. This ends 38 years of 767 Service with Air Canada (Both the -200 and -300)

A few days after completing its final revenue flight, C-FTCA flew to Marana (MZJ) on Friday, June 5th. See the screenshot below from Flightradar24.

image.thumb.png.d474876bb102ca1a68b8c344beaf49ed.png

• Like 1

I flew the 767 Many times with Air Canada, Primarily on the YOW-LHR route when ever I travelled to India. 

It was easily my fave aircraft to fly with AC, and brings back

incredible memories from all my trips that I have taken onboard them. 

Will really miss them flying into Ottawa daily on AC888 and the Toronto flights. 

Here is a Pic of C-FXCA landing in CYOW as AC889 from London Heathrow that I grabbed in 2016

IMG_5100.PNG

• Like 3

According to sources, Rouge will be using the A321 for future Trans Atlantic flights, obviously from the East Coast. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 9924 said:

According to sources, Rouge will be using the A321 for future Trans Atlantic flights, obviously from the East Coast. 

What will Air Canada be using for the longer flights ie: YYZ/YUL-ATH? which is 10+hours heading westbound

1 hour ago, John Oke said:

What will Air Canada be using for the longer flights ie: YYZ/YUL-ATH? which is 10+hours heading westbound

According to Calin Rovinescu, the 767 is not down and out with Rouge, they still have frames configured for Rouge and will be used when needed until a replacement is found.

Interesting thought with all this talk about retirement of aircraft, the 767 will have been in active service for 38 years later this year, and its still got a lot of life in her through cargo conversions and other niche markets.  Honestly, I don't think that we'll be seeing 787s/350s with that kind of lifespan, future fuels aside, the amount of technology in more current aircraft, I just don't see longevity in them anymore.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, 9924 said:

Honestly, I don't think that we'll be seeing 787s/350s with that kind of lifespan, future fuels aside, the amount of technology in more current aircraft, I just don't see longevity in them anymore.

With the increased use of alternative materials such in fuselages, would aircraft such as the 787 be suitable for modification to freighters?  Years of doing it with traditional materials and it's down pat but how would carbon composites go having an aftermarket cargo door fitted?

As to AC's 767s, flew on them 3 times and have to admit found them old and creaky and that was in the mid 2000s.  Found the A340 and 777 much better.

Could a potential replacement for the 767 in Rouges fleet come from Boeing's NMA or Airbus' A330?

Or even a Air Transat merger?