Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, Zortan said:

(or who knows? Maybe rouge will merge into transat).

That’s what I’m suspecting as well AC Vacations will merge into Transat brand along with AC Rouge

 

Another Question: Will we see Star Alliance logos beside the forward doors eventually on Transat planes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, John Oke said:

That’s what I’m suspecting as well AC Vacations will merge into Transat brand along with AC Rouge

 

Another Question: Will we see Star Alliance logos beside the forward doors eventually on Transat planes?

I mean I guess we will see the logos. Transat will likely have a partial membership to Star Alliance, so it would make sense for them to have the logo by the doors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be interesting to see what happens with this scenario, the fact that Transat is significantly cheaper than Rouge is a selling point. If Transat and AC merge I think that the price of Rouge’s flights will need to drop or a new brand name will be required with lower prices. 
As for Star Alliance, they might put logos on, they might not, as of now you can’t book Transat flights on ACs website and vice versa with Transats website for AC flights

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fleet updates from the latest financials:

- All remaining 767s will remain in the fleet for 2020 (previously, all 5 were slated to be retired this year). Now expected to be removed from service in 2021.

- 4 more A330-300s will join the fleet in 2020, bringing the total A330s to 17. This is 2 more than previously reported.

- Air Canada now expects to receive atleast 6 737 MAX 8s in 2020.

- The A319s will continue their retirement in 2021, with 7 frames expected to be retired.

- 2 Rouge 767s are slated to be retired in 2020, no currently scheduled widebody deliveries to replace them.

- No new changes to the Express fleet other than the CRJ900 entries and retirements previously reported. 2021 sees the retirement of 4 Dash 8-400s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Enzo Aquarius said:

Fleet updates from the latest financials:

- All remaining 767s will remain in the fleet for 2020 (previously, all 5 were slated to be retired this year). Now expected to be removed from service in 2021.

- 4 more A330-300s will join the fleet in 2020, bringing the total A330s to 17. This is 2 more than previously reported.

- Air Canada now expects to receive atleast 6 737 MAX 8s in 2020.

- The A319s will continue their retirement in 2021, with 7 frames expected to be retired.

- 2 Rouge 767s are slated to be retired in 2020, no currently scheduled widebody deliveries to replace them.

- No new changes to the Express fleet other than the CRJ900 entries and retirements previously reported. 2021 sees the retirement of 4 Dash 8-400s.

Where did you find this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I know we have a separate Rouge thread, but if you book an AC ticket and stick you on a Rouge aircraft, then there's no point having two separate threads.  Regardless, YLW gets Rouge 767 service to YYZ this summer:

https://www.kelownanow.com/watercooler/news/news/Kelowna/Largest_aircraft_to_operate_at_YLW_to_begin_service_this_summer/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine what the 747-400 or A340-500 would look like in the new livery 

as well If the 747’s and A340’s where still in the fleet I’m assuming they would be with AC Rouge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, John Oke said:

Imagine what the 747-400 or A340-500 would look like in the new livery 

as well If the 747’s and A340’s where still in the fleet I’m assuming they would be with AC Rouge

Yes but unfortunately none will happen. I’m quite sure if it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seams like other than C-GROV. The A220’s are being registered as C-GJX-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When there’s sufficient A220’s will we see the transatlantic flights currently operated with the MAX(YYZ-SNN,YYZ-KEF,YUL-KEF,YYT-LHR and YHZ-LHR) resume?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I am aware, they are having the A220s focus on transcontinental Canada and USA trips, with the odd short-hop (such as Montreal to Toronto).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah at the moment it seems like the A220s are focused on replacing A319s as well as opening a few transcons. Transatlantic is probably reserved for the MAX. And regardless, we're likely to see the max back in service soon enough, so they don't have too much reason to try and replace it in operations since it'll be back soon.

Lol imagine a 747 with Rouge. I mean I get where you're coming from - old AC aircraft going to Rouge - but a 747 just wouldn't work. It was too big for AC and would definitely be too big for Rouge. Sure there may be a few high-demand routes but overall just no 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI: FlyBe the 4th largest airline in the UK after Virgin Atlantic, BA and EasyJet has ceased all operations citing the Coronavirus and is folding. Currently the fleet is 54 Q400’s and 9 E175’s. Both plane models are in the AC express fleet currently operating with Jazz(Q400’s) and Sky Regional(E175). With the recent issues with the Dash 8-300’s it could be a good chance for AC, Jazz and Sky Regional to get some planes second hand to help out and some expansion with the regional fleet and possibly see the Dash 8-300’s be retired and perhaps older Q400’s and CRJ-100/-200

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt they'd get the Embraers since they're working to retire them, but I'd definitely say the Q400s are a good bet since as you said, it can be used to help with the -300 issues as well as the E175 retirement in the meantime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Zortan said:

I doubt they'd get the Embraers since they're working to retire them, but I'd definitely say the Q400s are a good bet since as you said, it can be used to help with the -300 issues as well as the E175 retirement in the meantime.

The mainline E190’s are being retired the smaller E175’s are being repainted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe all the E175s are expected to be retired in a few years, and they've just repainted a few that will be staying longer. I'm pretty sure some have already left the fleet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

C-GJXV has just been delivered to YYZ about 20 minutes before I posted this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first US A220 flight as I know is happening right now as I’m writing it it is AC7173 from Toronto to Seattle and this is C-GJXV’s inaugural flight with passengers   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John Oke said:

Max 8 is all AC really needs.  They'd be better off with an A320/321 NEO order anyway.

 

Quote

Air Canada still has firm orders for 26 more 737 Max 8 jets, options for 18 aircraft and rights to purchase an additional 30, Fitzpatrick said.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 9924 said:

Max 8 is all AC really needs.  They'd be better off with an A320/321 NEO order anyway.

 

 

Honestly, that doesn’t make much sense. An airline that has already heavily invested in the MAX would be foolish to order the neo, as that introduces a whole new fleet, which needs its own pilots, mechanics etc. Yes sure they have some of those for the ceo, but they were being re trained for the max, which means they’d have to be re trained on a neo. That’s an overly expensive and time consuming process AC doesn’t need to go through. I’m honestly confused as to why they’ve canceled the max order, as previously AC has seemed to enjoy the max, using it to open up new, previously impossible routes as well as renew the fleet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Zortan said:

Honestly, that doesn’t make much sense. An airline that has already heavily invested in the MAX would be foolish to order the neo, as that introduces a whole new fleet, which needs its own pilots, mechanics etc. Yes sure they have some of those for the ceo, but they were being re trained for the max, which means they’d have to be re trained on a neo. That’s an overly expensive and time consuming process AC doesn’t need to go through. I’m honestly confused as to why they’ve canceled the max order, as previously AC has seemed to enjoy the max, using it to open up new, previously impossible routes as well as renew the fleet. 

Oh I totally get that, but as the MAX grounding has shown, investing in one aircraft type has its down sides as well, even thought the chances of something like that happening are extremely rare.  But we'll just say my comment was just based on personal preference 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...