5 hours ago, MiWay0310 said:

Any put off by the paint around the cockpit windows on the new livery? Takes away from the overall look imo...

I like the mask - but that’s just me. 

• Like 1

No more Air Canada Widebodies at YHZ!..... AC860/861 are being MAXed on April 4th.But there’ll still be widebodies on Condor to Frankfurt and Munich and along with the new WestJet MAX to CDG and LGW plus service to Glasgow and also throw in Icelandair......a phenomenal number of transatlantic flights for a city its size.

On 3/16/2018 at 4:21 AM, ghYHZ said:
No more Air Canada Widebodies at YHZ!..... AC860/861 are being MAXed on April 4th.But there’ll still be widebodies on Condor to Frankfurt and Munich and along with the new WestJet MAX to CDG and LGW plus service to Glasgow and also throw in Icelandair......a phenomenal number of transatlantic flights for a city its size.

Shocked as YHZ shipped lots of seafood out to LHR reason why they liked the 767-300ER's

On 11/10/2017 at 7:16 PM, Doppelkupplung said:

How much longer will the 319/20/21s be staying with us, now that the 737s are coming in?

They will be keeping the Airbus narrow body fleet longer now to speed up the retirement of the E190 fleet before the CS comes on line for Air Canada.

On 10/23/2017 at 10:35 PM, JCL said:

I would call it an "unplanned" upgrade to the Ottawa-Toronto flight. 

There was a Boeing 777-300 on ACA460/465 on October 3.

They have been running the 777's to replace some of the Rouge 767 flights down south to the Caribbean when they been short 767 due to maintenance  

• Like 1

You Lose One...You Gain One!

Halifax lost a '767 widebody to Heathrow with the conversion of that route to a new MAX....but now I see a new daily YUL-YHZ roundtrip added on an A330-300.

Kinda wondered what AC was going to do with the loss of widebody cargo capacity out of YHZ....so it looks like those European bound Lobsters will now be going via YUL!

• Like 1

Air Canada Launches into Summer 2018 with the First of 25 New Non-Stop Routes Beginning this Season

Departure City

Destination

Start Date*

Service

Toronto

Omaha

01MAY18

Express

Toronto

Buenos Aires

02MAY18

Mainline

Toronto

Providence

17MAY18*

Express

Toronto

Shannon

01JUN18*

Mainline

Toronto

Zagreb

02JUN18*

Rouge

Toronto

Porto

08JUN18*

Rouge

Toronto

Bucharest

09JUN18*

Rouge

Toronto

Kamloops

21JUN18*

Rouge

Toronto

Nanaimo

22JUN18*

Rouge

Montréal

Baltimore

17MAY18

Express

Montréal

Pittsburgh

17MAY18

Express

Montréal

Tokyo Narita

01JUN18

Mainline

Montréal

Dublin

02JUN18*

Mainline

Montréal

Bucharest

07JUN18*

Rouge

Montréal

Lisbon

15JUN18*

Rouge

Montréal

Victoria

22JUN18*

Rouge

Montréal

Windsor

02JUL18

Express

Montréal

London, ON

02JUL18

Express

Vancouver

Sacramento

17MAY18

Express

Vancouver

Zurich

07JUN18*

Mainline

Vancouver

Paris

08JUN18*

Mainline

Edmonton

San Francisco 

01MAY18

Express

Edmonton

Kelowna

02JUL18

Express

Edmonton

Victoria

02JUL18*

Express

Calgary

Comox

02JUL18*

Express

*Indicates summer seasonal route

On 5/19/2018 at 3:15 PM, Cathay 888 said:

New livery on the high-density Boeing 777-300ER~~

40237860620_3b79bdd4d9_b.jpgAirCanada_744_C-FIVX

IMHO the new livery isn't that bad on the 777... the raccoon eyes round out the otherwise ugly windows PLUS the underside looks good for such a fat aircraft... just my humble opinion.

1 hour ago, FlyingPig said:

IMHO the new livery isn't that bad on the 777... the raccoon eyes round out the otherwise ugly windows PLUS the underside looks good for such a fat aircraft... just my humble opinion.

Those "raccoon eyes" remind me of a Finnair craft I saw at HKG a year ago, like this one:
Finnair_A350_detail_nose_and_wing-982x350.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Transit geek said:

Those "raccoon eyes" remind me of a Finnair craft I saw at HKG a year ago, like this one:
Finnair_A350_detail_nose_and_wing-982x350.jpg

Same here. Also the A330neo (and possibly every Airbus in the future). However, the Air Canada mask is way larger and chubbier, and it doesn't give away the shape of the 777's cockpit windows.

Air Canada Express (operated by Air Georgian) service appears to be ending for Toronto-Syracuse/Rochester/Harrisburg flights as of November 1st.

These flights were operated by Air Georgian's 1900D Beechcraft, so perhaps this is a move to phase them out?

Interesting to see the Harrisburg flights axed as Air Canada heavily advertised connections to Toronto and even added a 4th flight this year. Looks like I'll have to switch my usual flights to Baltimore. 

I was wondering if they're phasing them out as well. YZR-YYZ flights are moving from 5 daily B1900's to 2-3 daily Jazz DH-8. 

The 1900's were never painted in the new scheme and left plain white. 

As far as I know Air Canada wanted to back off on association with the 1900Ds. For all we know, we may see seasonal, less-frequent, service back on the chopped routes once the busier spring/summer season rolls back around. 

As few amenities as the Beechcraft's have, they made for a very unique flight experience on a major carrier.

Westjet just dove in to comparable Saab 340s in Alberta to extend the reach of their network so it would seem unlikely AC would phase them out entirely.  I'd bet the decision is more related to pilot availability, cutting back 5 1900 flights to 2-3 dash 8s is still reasonable frequency without sacrificing seat counts and frees up pilots for other route opportunities.

18 hours ago, dbdb said:

Westjet just dove in to comparable Saab 340s in Alberta to extend the reach of their network so it would seem unlikely AC would phase them out entirely.  I'd bet the decision is more related to pilot availability, cutting back 5 1900 flights to 2-3 dash 8s is still reasonable frequency without sacrificing seat counts and frees up pilots for other route opportunities.

The dash 8's are more reliable than the 1900's when the weather turns to shit.

Flying bigger planes at lower frequencies also frees up slots at Pearson for AC somewhere else, which is the main reason I see this being done. 

Unless I'm missing something, all of Georgians routes to the states have been removed. Sarnia and Kingston will move to all dash 8's. Am I missing anymore 1900 routes out of Pearson? 

As far as I know, Georgian's Toronto operations only ran 1900s to SYR/ROC/MDT in the US and Sarnia/Kingston in Canada. I think they used to run 1900s to a New England-based airport, but I think that was replaced with a larger aircraft. 

There's also 1900s operating out in Alberta and out east in Newfoundland (the EVAS 1900s are remaining in service).