Air Canada

Blue Bus Fan

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2018 at 10:38 PM, Doggosareamazing said:

I think C-FITL has the new livery. It's like a throwback of Air Canada 90's and British Airways Landor Livery.

Yes, that frame has been repainted. 7 of Air Canada's 19 777-300ER fleet have been repainted into the new livery. 

At present, it looks like Air Canada is focusing painting efforts on the Express aircraft.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2018 at 7:10 AM, DL1892 said:

I was wondering if they're phasing them out as well. YZR-YYZ flights are moving from 5 daily B1900's to 2-3 daily Jazz DH-8. 

The 1900's were never painted in the new scheme and left plain white. 

Yes Air Canada wants to all B1990's gone due to no washrooms on board. This will be slowly over the next few years

On 12/10/2018 at 11:46 AM, TheAverageJoe said:

Yes Air Canada wants to all B1990's gone due to no washrooms on board. This will be slowly over the next few years

IIRC at least Georgian's had a single lavatory at the back. Nothing spectacular, actually quite cramped, but still a toilet.

Switching the B1900's to larger planes on lower frequencies frees up slots for AC. 

On 12/10/2018 at 11:46 AM, TheAverageJoe said:

34 minutes ago, DL1892 said:

IIRC at least Georgian's had a single lavatory at the back. Nothing spectacular, actually quite cramped, but still a toilet.

Switching the B1900's to larger planes on lower frequencies frees up slots for AC. 

Every Air Georgian B1900 I've been on had a lavatory (though they're nothing to write home about, even the MAX 8 ones are better). It may be the EVAS ones that don't. 

• 1 month later...

Air Canada has cancelled their contract with Air Georgian and is transferring Georgian's flying to Jazz.

https://nationalpost.com/news/regional-airline-loses-1-5m-passenger-contract-with-air-canada-but-denies-safety-concerns-a-factor?fbclid=IwAR0sZkVWVq4-GygSjKBauFW7-76r7crmjUSmuDwfO1Vq6TS4il3_W66waVg

With that, Georgian's 12 CRJ-200s will be transferred to Jazz, Jazz's YYZ CRJ pilot base will reopen, and 14 new CRJ-900s will be added to the Jazz fleet.

• Like 1

Air Canada has released their Q4 2018 results. Some key notes:

- Alongside the ex-TAP A330s coming in 2019, Air Canada is getting an additional A330 in 2020.

- Embraers are gone as of 2020, as expected.

- Retirement of the A320s goes into full swing in 2019, with some transfers to Rouge.

- As a surprise, the Express Dash-8-100s are going to be fully retired in 2019, while phasing out of the CRJ100/200s and Dash-8-300s begins.

- 8 Dash-8-400s are leaving the fleet in 2020.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Although the Max8 is still flying in North America (for now!) Air Canada has cancelled the flights  they use them on between Halifax and London Heathrow and also between St. John's and Heathrow as all Max8 operations have been grounded in Europe.

Passengers are being accommodated via YUL, YOW and YHZ. A St. John's passenger who's flight to London takes a little over 4 hours.....now has to backhaul 3 hours west to Toronto just to connect.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
10 hours ago, dev161 said:

Anyone have any updates with the 767 retirement ?  More specifically , what will operate the YOW-LHR-YOW and YOW-FRA-YOW flights once the 767 is retired !!!

I would think that they would keep them in service due to the shortages with the Max planes.  Any plane they can keep in service, is another flight not cancelled. 

On 7/20/2019 at 11:57 PM, dev161 said:

Anyone have any updates with the 767 retirement ?  More specifically , what will operate the YOW-LHR-YOW and YOW-FRA-YOW flights once the 767 is retired !!!

Quarterly fleet reports show the remaining 767 frames leaving the fleet by the end of 2019. 

I doubt the MAX grounding will change this; Air Canada has been using Rouge operations and chartering other aircraft to help offset the grounding.

4 hours ago, Enzo Aquarius said:

Quarterly fleet reports show the remaining 767 frames leaving the fleet by the end of 2019. 

I doubt the MAX grounding will change this; Air Canada has been using Rouge operations and chartering other aircraft to help offset the grounding.

Just curious, but what aircrafts, from what airline/leaser and for what route?

19 hours ago, Thomasw said:

Just curious, but what aircrafts, from what airline/leaser and for what route?

Details here: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/book/travel-news-and-updates/2019/flights-operated-on-behalf-of-air-canada-5.html and https://onemileatatime.com/air-canada-737-max-grounding/

Air Canada is leasing Qatar Airways A330s for use on YUL-Europe routes. For sure I've seen A7-ACK and A7-ACI running under the Air Canada banner. Routes are AC2400 (YUL-CDG) and AC2402 (YUL-BCN) and return flights.

Despite what the article states, I don't see any Omni 767-200s having operated the YVR-HNL route in the past month, but I do see scheduled 767-200 service on the route starting tomorrow (AC4211). Should either be operated by N207AX (currently in Alaska) or N234AX (currently in Las Vegas).

YVRHNL.PNG

I was just on Air Canada flight 125 from Toronto to Vancouver and heard that tomorrow she was doing training on the Airbus a220. I am assuming this means they have started receiving some. Does this mean there is a Air Canada a220 in Vancouver or will she need to fly out to Montreal for her training session?

20 hours ago, Thomasw said:

I was just on Air Canada flight 125 from Toronto to Vancouver and heard that tomorrow she was doing training on the Airbus a220. I am assuming this means they have started receiving some. Does this mean there is a Air Canada a220 in Vancouver or will she need to fly out to Montreal for her training session?

There have been no A220's delivered as of yet.

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, dbdb said:

My bet is they needed the capacity now and couldn't wait for newly built aircraft.  New aircraft are made to order and the production slots are usually booked years in advance unless there's a cancellation. 

Even with the 4-5 year backlog for the 787, why didn't they place orders now to ensure they get planes in those 5-6 years?