Burlington Transit

Hybrid0920

1 hour ago, Chris W said:

It would be rather interesting to see an electric bus trial similar to York Region and Brampton running around the streets of Burlington.

It was so interesting in fact that it repeated itself three more times. Darn technology.

I prefer to see trials done instead of an outright buy tons in bulk without any testing some. Electrics can for sure be very feasible in Burlington.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DiltonPlayz said:

Oh. I saw 72208 I think at the garage *I'm not a driver*

72208 isn't delivered yet. 72208-72215 is set for delivery sometime close to fall. Could've been 72108 you saw.

1 hour ago, newflyerinvero said:

Slight correction, but there are 7 LFSS for the 2021 budgetd order that has arrived. Nothing else until the fall when the official budgeted 2022 LLFSs to arrive.

I meant to mention this about a month ago but I hadn't gotten around to it.
Back in February, while discussing with Sue Connor as part of the BFAST fotelconference, the discussion was brought up about the electric buses.
While she was discussing with us, she had, on her desk, an application for funding for the electrid buses and its related infrastructure, to be sent to CUTRIC.
Sometime this year, the rollout schedule and information about the electrid buses will be available.

72201-72207 are 2022s btw

On 3/21/2022 at 10:39 AM, Byfold said:

Thank God the D40LF days are numbered!  Those buses are soooooo smokey! 

Insert this invention called DEF. If Burlington had 2007-2008 Novas those would be the smokest buses in the entire fleet

BTW 7007 is fully decomissioned and parked awaiting a tow, 7010 is currently being decomissioned as it is in the shop

• Like 1

On 4/5/2022 at 2:03 PM, DiltonPlayz said:

Welp, you checkmated me. 

(GG)

send me a link in DMs to the discord server. 

The bot they used don’t work anymore, discord server is gone as well. I remember making a bunch of MiWay codes with those.

10 hours ago, PrimeTio said:

Are the D40s being sent straight to scrap? Or some other companies to be resold?

7004-09 was sent to scrap, someone said earlier 7007-09 is waiting for a tow so im assuming that its being sent to scrap. Wouldnt be surprised if other Transit Agencies contact Burlington about them. The other question is how is the shape of the frame? With Burlingtons questionable maintence we'll see if they will be sold to somewhere. 

5 hours ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

Thats a good question

I'm a little out of my area here as the "NCR Moderator" but I see all the reports have have been fielding these ones lately. I've hidden a number of off topic posts in this thread today, both the original one, and replies.

Please remember that a forum like this, on this topic, takes all types and attracts a wide range of personalities. Dropping the ban hammer on everyone who posts their opinion is a quick way to kill interest and discussion. Some people are always going to post things others consider annoying, and we can deal with that without starting a 15 post off-topic discussion.

My suggestion is that is you have a concern, are getting sick of off-topic posts, etc, please use the report feature. The reports may take 2-3 days to be looked at some times, but we do see them. If you're reporting a string of posts or ongoing issues, just mention that in your report comment - keep in mind that each report may be reviewed by a different person with no knowledge of prior reports. Beyond that, if it's not harmful content just leave it be. I would rather see the report, reach out to the user and try and try and coach them than drop a ban with no recourse. If the actions continue, then more concrete actions can be taken in time. I don't like getting a report and jumping to ban or suspend people for posting their opinions if I don't have to.

As always, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, BramptonTransitFan84 said:

Just a note that 7011 is now being decomissioned. 7007 & 7010 are still sitting in the dead row fully decomissioned

I had a feeling it was. Does this mean the 2022s will enter service shortly?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chris W said:

I had a feeling it was. Does this mean the 2022s will enter service shortly?

Not entirely sure tbh. I saw them doing some checks on a 22xx and currently they have 4 D40LF's retired (7004, 7007, 7010, 7011). Just that I'm not sure if they are going to wait until all 8 units to be replaced are retired or if they will just start right away

• 3 weeks later...

Starting tomorrow, Sunday, May 15th, Burlington Transit will be increasing/reinstating previous  frequencies before early March of this year.

Routes 10 New-Maple: (Weekends & Holidays) 

Frequencies will be increased from 30 minutes to 15 minutes during the daytime. Evenings will remain at 30 minutes.

Routes 11 -  Sutton-Alton & 25- Walkers: (Weejends & Holidays

Both of these routes will have their frequencies increased from every 60 minutes to every 30 minutes.

Routes 2 - Brant & 3 - Guelph Line: (Peaks)*

During peak periods, both routes will have their frequencies increased from every 30 minutes to every 15 minutes.

* PM Peak Only: At 407 Carpool, buses will not interline.Interlining will continue to interline at Downtown.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting, they went back to amber lit destination signs. I spoke with the transit fleet manager a few weeks ago who is interested in the new driver window and regular front doors for the future orders, going forward.

• Like 2

On 5/20/2022 at 4:58 PM, ORION said:

Interesting, they went back to amber lit destination signs. I spoke with the transit fleet manager a few weeks ago who is interested in the new driver window and regular front doors for the future orders, going forward.

fun fact is that the fleet manager for Burlington used to be a fleet manager for Miway when they were getting there Novas. Hopefully the 2022s coming later in the year have the regular door and the new window

19 hours ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

fun fact is that the fleet manager for Burlington used to be a fleet manager for Miway when they were getting there Novas. Hopefully the 2022s coming later in the year have the regular door and the new window

He was a maintenance superintendent at Mississauga transit. 

• 2 weeks later...

7005-09 has been retired. Also, I informed Hamilton.Area.Transit that 72105 returned to service. I saw it a few weeks prior to him seeing it. It was OOS and the bottom panels were not grey, but actually white.  (And no, I don't have a photo)

On 6/3/2022 at 12:21 PM, hamilton.area.transit said:

72201 is in service and is on the 1 and 11/25

Well.. I guess almost all the 2022s are in service, but a couple such as: 72203, 72204 and 72205 haven't entered service. Guess we can wait with some soda and chips, and wait for them to show up!

(Funny thing is, on March 27th, (my birthday).. I got a charter on 7011-09 before it retired and I saw 72203. The batteries weren't in it at the time.