Burlington Transit

Hybrid0920

48 minutes ago, DiltonPlayz said:

No no no no no no no no!!! Also how long does the contract last?

D'oh! *Help me*

Wait... they are 2021s?!

Ah, I can understand that.

Wish all the buses had rear windows.. also do they have the New Driver window or not?

They have the old drivers window. And if you can stop freaking out, they are only buses lol

• Like 2

Just now, Byfold said:

Thank God the D40LF days are numbered!  Those buses are soooooo smokey! 

The new buses arent any better. They use the same fuel as the older ones and just have a Cummins L9 instead of a Cummins ISL or ISL9 

3 minutes ago, DiltonPlayz said:

New Flyer < Nova 

*Is pro maths*

This makes no sense. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

The new buses arent any better. They use the same fuel as the older ones and just have a Cummins L9 instead of a Cummins ISL or ISL9

In general 2008 and 2009 buses are extremely smokey.     Every diesel bus uses the same fuel...   You might want to do some research on EPA requirements as the ISL/ISL9 has evolved a lot since the ISL line was first introduced.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, DiltonPlayz said:

Which LFs are getting replaced? *If 7011-09 is getting replaced, I'm gonna be raging* (I might buy 7011-09)

You got money to buy have insurance maintainence costs and anything else? It is very expensive to take care of a bus. I don't know why you said you're going to be raging when a bus retires. That's very Kybosh and makes the local bus fans in that area look bad.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Byfold said:

In general 2008 and 2009 buses are extremely smokey.     Every diesel bus uses the same fuel...   You might want to do some research on EPA requirements as the ISL/ISL9 has evolved a lot since the ISL line was first introduced.

I know thats why i said "the new buses arent any better". He wont understand if you get into a lot of detail so you got to keep it simple.

1 hour ago, DiltonPlayz said:

Which is awesome, I like it when they do that. .

.Also,  I did do research, as the ISL9 has a cleaner engine, correct?

Which LFs are getting replaced? *If 7011-09 is getting replaced, I'm gonna be raging* (I might buy 7011-09)

You started foaming over Miway 0342, now Burlington 7011-09🤣🤣🤣 gimme a break 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Byfold said:

Thank God the D40LF days are numbered!  Those buses are soooooo smokey! 

I know right! I’m so happy their being retired, I can’t wait for them to be sent off for scrap and have all of their parts melted!!!! Those are such horrible buses I’m not sure why people like them… novas are 100% better

5 hours ago, DiltonPlayz said:

May I see proof like a photo?

No. They are exactly the same as the 2021. Its not my photo to give out because i didnt take it.

3 hours ago, DiltonPlayz said:

HOW DARE YOU! Lots of people prefer New Flyer over Nova! I ask several people, they said they hate the novas. 

Calm down. This isnt a place where you can get mad at people. Relax. People can have their own opinions and its not right for you to get mad at them.

• Like 4

I like riding New Flyers better, I like working on New Flyers better, I like driving New Flyers better. Compared to Novas, New Flyers are Better By Design ;)  This Nova take over of the GTA is politics, not practically. Especially in Hamilton where the roads are garbage, the Novas are falling apart way faster than the New Flyers. Older Novas were pretty good actually, but recently the quality has slipped. Nova seems to push for quantity over quality these days.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, TRENT_TRANSIT_SYSTEM said:

I like riding New Flyers better, I like working on New Flyers better, I like driving New Flyers better. Compared to Novas, New Flyers are Better By Design ;)  This Nova take over of the GTA is politics, not practically. Especially in Hamilton where the roads are garbage, the Novas are falling apart way faster than the New Flyers. Older Novas were pretty good actually, but recently the quality has slipped. Nova seems to push for quantity over quality these days.

that i agree and disagree on lol. I personally like both New Flyers and Novas but will take a Flyer any day. The Burlington 2015 Novas seem to be holding up really nicely (i was on 2 yesterday 7020-15, 7024-15). I got no idea how the 2018s are doing because ive only been on them once and they only ordered 2 of them. The 2019s are really nice and holding up nice. The 2021s are the best Novas in the fleet in my opinion. They have only been in service for roughly 5-6 months but i think we need to wait until they have been out in service for a fully year or a year and a half. Keep in mind Burlington doesnt have the best maintence out there so they are really getting the job done 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DiltonPlayz said:

So ya love NFI eh? Me too! I remember we had very smoky and loud Invernos.. holy cow they were nice to ride! I loved the sliding door at the back..

Wish I could have ridden an Invero once.  We don't have them over in the states, except for a couple agencies out west,

Have seen them on the way into Toronto (through Niagara Region Transit and St. Catharines).  Interesting look to them.  Trying to get into most models at least once to try out.

In all seriousness I was joking about hating D40LFs. Sucks to see BT retiring those D40s and it would be cool to see other companies buying them and selling them again (ie) MiWay’s D60s. On the other note, what’s the plan for BTs fleet for the next few years? Do they have plans like other agencies where the fleet on orders are planned for the next 2-6 years? 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

that i agree and disagree on lol. I personally like both New Flyers and Novas but will take a Flyer any day. The Burlington 2015 Novas seem to be holding up really nicely (i was on 2 yesterday 7020-15, 7024-15). I got no idea how the 2018s are doing because ive only been on them once and they only ordered 2 of them. The 2019s are really nice and holding up nice. The 2021s are the best Novas in the fleet in my opinion. They have only been in service for roughly 5-6 months but i think we need to wait until they have been out in service for a fully year or a year and a half. Keep in mind Burlington doesnt have the best maintence out there so they are really getting the job done 

Oh for sure Novas are a close second place... they're not bad... just... they're not New Flyers. And in Hamilton in particular they fair poorly, but again that's Hamilton's fault for having unreasonably bad roads. If Novas had better suspension and more rigid tolerances, they would probably do better here too. Oakville's newest Novas were really nice to drive, and okay to ride... but they're also diesel.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TRENT_TRANSIT_SYSTEM said:

Oh for sure Novas are a close second place... they're not bad... just... they're not New Flyers. And in Hamilton in particular they fair poorly, but again that's Hamilton's fault for having unreasonably bad roads. If Novas had better suspension and more rigid tolerances, they would probably do better here too. Oakville's newest Novas were really nice to drive, and okay to ride... but they're also diesel.

Doesnt help that Hamilton's maintence is very questionable if you can put it that way lol

• Haha 2

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I want more buses that NFI built.. I'm getting bored of seeing the Novabuses running..

Wasn't it 7004-09 that got retired?

Just checked transee, haven't seen 7007 since Mar 20th.

Good good good!̃

7004, 7007, and 7010 are all retired. 7007 was getting its fare box and rear destination sign removed on Tuesday. Last day of service was Monday.

• Sad 1

I saw 7007 in the yard yesterday, dest removed, decals, everything.. battery too.. 

Slight correction, but there are 7 LFSS for the 2021 budgetd order that has arrived. Nothing else until the fall when the official budgeted 2022 LLFSs to arrive.

I meant to mention this about a month ago but I hadn't gotten around to it.
Back in February, while discussing with Sue Connor as part of the BFAST fotelconference, the discussion was brought up about the electric buses.
While she was discussing with us, she had, on her desk, an application for funding for the electrid buses and its related infrastructure, to be sent to CUTRIC.
Sometime this year, the rollout schedule and information about the electrid buses will be available.

16 minutes ago, newflyerinvero said:

Slight correction, but there are 7 LFSS for the 2021 budgetd order that has arrived. Nothing else until the fall when the official budgeted 2022 LLFSs to arrive.

I meant to mention this about a month ago but I hadn't gotten around to it.
Back in February, while discussing with Sue Connor as part of the BFAST fotelconference, the discussion was brought up about the electric buses.
While she was discussing with us, she had, on her desk, an application for funding for the electrid buses and its related infrastructure, to be sent to CUTRIC.
Sometime this year, the rollout schedule and information about the electrid buses will be available.

It would be rather interesting to see an electric bus trial similar to York Region and Brampton running around the streets of Burlington.

It was so interesting in fact that it repeated itself three more times. Darn technology.