Burlington Transit

Hybrid0920

Too late!

Yesterday I saw 7079-94 camed back with the current livery, freshly repaint!

Can you be specific, Sherman? You're not mistaken with 7067-91 which came back from a refurb. Or, was it indeed 7079-94 which was repainted in the old livery. "Current" to me says it's the blue/gold scheme. I wonder if the ads were taken off?

Really! I just saw that bus last Friday (October 17, 2008) during the MBS and photographed it still in her original livery. That was FAST if it's in the new livery already!

And here are a couple of images I took of 7079-94 that day. What station is this again please?

171008-1079bt7079-94.jpg

171008-1081bt7079-94.jpg

Burlington GO.

Invero, Is 7047 still in the yard or is it carted off?

Another thing, that same day, I saw a completely blank Orion V heading to the garage. I think it was 7079-94. I need confirmation of that fact.

I saw 7079-94 like 3 days ago from my classroom window, on Bay Street and it was in the old livery with the Consumers Flooring ad.

Can you be specific, Sherman? You're not mistaken with 7067-91 which came back from a refurb. Or, was it indeed 7079-94 which was repainted in the old livery. "Current" to me says it's the blue/gold scheme. I wonder if the ads were taken off?

Might as well forget it, since I have short memory issues.

Invero, Is 7047 still in the yard or is it carted off?

Another thing, that same day, I saw a completely blank Orion V heading to the garage. I think it was 7079-94. I need confirmation of that fact.

Haven't been around there since last Friday during the MBS. I'll try, though not guarenteeing on stopping there.

Wow, I never knew they ran that frequently.

No, no. It's not running that frequently now. It's the future long-term projection and planning. It wouldn't surprise me if that happens.

Too late!

Yesterday I saw 7079-94 camed back with the current livery, freshly repaint!

Correction as it was 7079-94 as I had a look at those recent photos from Peter. Interestingly enough they repainted the sides and ignored the rear. :)

Does anybody know the current licence plate number for 7037-07? On the roster that I recently received from Burlington Transit, it shows the same plate number for 7036-07 and 7037-07 with both being listed as BN3 152.

I have a photo of 7036-07 and it definitely has that plate, so I am looking for the correct plate number for 7037-07. Thanks for your help.

Kevin

In regards to the upcoming service changes, which by the way will be implemented on January 4th of the new year, here is what I know based on the information that I had seen on the website:

Routes 1, 2/3, 10: A more broader span of 15-minute peak period service. This generally means that as now, the extra runs are starting and finishing before and after 6 to 9am and 3-7pm. The better spans for the frequency would be direct between 6am-9am and again from 3pm-7pm.

Route 4 - PINEDALE Weekdays: This route will be extended east along New Street and Burloak to the Rio Can Centre. This would result in two way service on Deerhurst Drive and Pinedale Avenue. Additionally, additional trips outbound from downtown will be added. Instead of the last outbound trip leavign downtown at 6:30pm, it will leave at 9:30pm. As far as the trips in the evening between downtown, Appleby GO Station and Rio Can I am not quite sure.

Route 5 - FRANCIS Weekdays: Last trip leaving downtown to King Road/Plains Road leaves downtown at 8:30pm. This would benefit those travelling to the Josephn Brant Hospital as well as the Francis Road corridor.

Route 7 - TYANDAGA: Service discontinued. Replaced with dial-A-Ride. Extremely low ridership was the result.

Route 10 - NEW (Weekends): Extended to the Rio Can Centre via Appleby Line, Harvester. That extension will be called "Route 16: Rio Can Centre".

Route 11 - APPLEBY (Revised): This route will be re-routed to travel along Upper Middle to Sutton Drive to Dundas and Wal-Mart. It will no longer serve Pathfinder Drive. It will be served by the revised 61.

Route 12 - UPPER MIDDLE (Revised): This route will be rerouted north along Appleby Line to Wal-Mart. It will give service to the edge of the northeast area of Millcroft and the Appleby Crossing Centre.

Route 13 - REBECCA: Service discontinued as the coverage area is serviced by Oakville Transit's Route 32.

Route 15 - WALKERS: This route will be rerouted to serve the Thomas Alton Road in the Alton Community. Due to the delay in the opening of this road, the Route 15 will continue operating along Dundas to Wal-Mart. It will continue inter-lining with Route 11-Appleby.

Route 61 ORCHARD: This route will travel on Upper Middle, Pathfiinder Drive and Sutton. The number of trips will be reduced to meet the more popular GO trains.

Route 62 HEADON: This route's number of trips will be reduced to meet the most popular used Go trains during peak periods.

I have also found out that the staff report indicated that they haven't shelved the 2006-2015 TSR (Transit Service Review). Further evaluation would be needed in 2009. So, that means to me that there's two service reviews/effecientcy studies done by two different transportation management firms and it's up to Burlington Transit to decide which one to take. You know, I think they've chosen both. :D

In another note, I have also attached there's a document which I will also attach about plans to expand the BT garage.

In the following link of the BT Operational Service Review completed by IBI Group

Enjoy all of the information!

Let me know if I had screwed up anything as with things like this, my sight would create the likelihood of messing something up. :P Happy reading and comment away please.

Does anybody know the current licence plate number for 7037-07? On the roster that I recently received from Burlington Transit, it shows the same plate number for 7036-07 and 7037-07 with both being listed as BN3 152.

I have a photo of 7036-07 and it definitely has that plate, so I am looking for the correct plate number for 7037-07. Thanks for your help.

Kevin

Hi Kevin, My Photo from May 6, 2008 of 7037-07 shows the plate as BN3-519 on the rear. Hope this helps!

Here is a shotof the rear of 7037-37. I also looked at my full res image to read the plate as it is not very readable in the smaller resized image.

4744bt7037-07.jpg

Today I spotted a BT Classic which I believe was 7007-85? (correct me if I'm wrong) but anyways it had a full rear ad for JP Motors. But the reason Im posting this is to ask if it originally had a rooftop A/C system installed, closer to the rear of the bus.

It was delivered in later time after the 7 ex-QC Classic, as Dupont was part displaying it on their a/c rooftop. It only ran the a/c for short time before it was disconnected.

And, I did rode it, very cold for the back which I can see condensation! The driver gets nothing!

It was delivered in later time after the 7 ex-QC Classic, as Dupont was part displaying it on their a/c rooftop. It only ran the a/c for short time before it was disconnected.

And, I did rode it, very cold for the back which I can see condensation! The driver gets nothing!

So when was this A/C unit installed? Or is the Classic itself Ex. Quebec!?

In BT news, Elaine (BT driver) told me when I was fanning that:

A: There are new buses in the yard without decals (my guess: D40LFRs)

B: 7047-82 is still running. It was not retired as of November 1st like originally reported. YAY!!

B: 7047-82 is still running. It was not retired as of November 1st like originally reported. YAY!!

There was one undecalled Orion V, 7067-91 iirc, there on the 17th of October.

HaHa I think I know that driver...

Well, that's really odd considering that it was sometime during that weekend where one of the other people who was with me found out the retirement. Some or most BT drivers don't really know what buses are retired or what's running. Speaking of which, I was thinking that Classic 7016-83 was going to be a future retirement victim. It may retire, who knows, but it was found on teh 10's PM rush-hour extras.

7067-91 was in service last week and I had seen it yesterday and today, too. The minor difference was the abense of the curve at the rear. Teh decal lines are all straight from front to back.

New bsues in the yeard are probably 7062-90 (second of the 2 V's getting refurbed), then maybe the returning Inferno (actually Invero 7024-03, which crisped up in June).

D40LFR's? Well, BT's a member of the 2009/2010 Ontario Bus Purchasing Consortium. They'll get what is awarded. Numbers are undetermined.

7067-91 was in service last week and I had seen it yesterday and today, too. The minor difference was the abense of the curve at the rear. Teh decal lines are all straight from front to back.

I was about to say as I saw it 2 weeks ago. It looks better without the curve.

Upon glancing at the back of the garage, two ELF's, 3 Inveros, but I didn't really see 7062-90. I'm not quite sure where it went. It may have went inside the maintenance bay.

The fishbowl was actually in position at the east side of the lot with its headlights on at around 4:45 this afternoon, which made me think that it was going to be sent out to do some GO special action. I'm not sure if it did, but Classics 7011 and 7012-83 were on the 62.