Burlington Transit

Hybrid0920

4 hours ago, H4 5600 said:

Retired D40LF's 7005-09 and 7011-09 have been sold to mississauga bus group.

I want to say they will probably end up in Cape Breton but I don't want to assume. Hopefully they get a second chance.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, G.A said:

I want to say they will probably end up in Cape Breton but I don't want to assume. Hopefully they get a second chance.

I for sure want 7011-09 to end up not working for Cape Breton. 7005 needs to go for sure, I do not think 7011-09 should even go! Besides, I HAVE THE BUILDERS PLATE of 7011-09! Not joking. Got it as a present from BT.

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

What does this have to do with you having the builders plate? Theres no way of making you happy. If 7011 were to get scrapped you wouldve complained, but now it has a CHANCE to get sold off second hand to Cabe Breton and you still complain. 

Well, Idk if they could use it when I have the plate. 

But, seeing Transit Cape Breton possibly get 7005-09 or 7011-09, it's cool!

23 hours ago, DiltonPlayzYT said:

I HAVE THE BUILDERS PLATE of 7011-09! Not joking. Got it as a present from BT.

Why do you have to broadcast that to the internet?  I'm sure someone could get in trouble giving a Vin sticker.    Some of the stuff you post really does make me scratch my head. 

• Like 9

41 minutes ago, Byfold said:

Why do you have to broadcast that to the internet?  I'm sure someone could get in trouble giving a Vin sticker.    Some of the stuff you post really does make me scratch my head. 

Eh, I got LOADS of connections at BT. Speaking of which, when I was at the garage to pick the plaque up, I went to 7011-09 and saw it in the yard. I pressed the hazards switch, it worked and 7011 was coming back to life. So yes, I believe 7011 is gonna go to an auction or another city. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, DiltonPlayzYT said:

Eh, I got LOADS of connections at BT.

And posting about what they do for you on CPTDB or other social media is how you lose those connections and ruin it for everyone else, and possibly get the employees that helped you in trouble.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, DiltonPlayzYT said:

Eh, I got LOADS of connections at BT. Speaking of which, when I was at the garage to pick the plaque up, I went to 7011-09 and saw it in the yard. I pressed the hazards switch, it worked and 7011 was coming back to life. So yes, I believe 7011 is gonna go to an auction or another city. 

You're really pushing to have transit fans feel unwelcome in Burlington aren't you? You don't brag about something like that. It gives us in the hobby a bad name.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, DiltonPlayzYT said:

Leave the board please. You're starting to be toxic for Burlington Transit and ruining everything for respectable members. Mods please step in and deal with this before more damage is done. I can't say much more otherwise I'll go too far.

• Like 10

On 8/13/2022 at 8:01 PM, Chris W said:

You're really pushing to have transit fans feel unwelcome in Burlington aren't you? You don't brag about something like that. It gives us in the hobby a bad name.

I want to add on to this as I'm a bit late to this party.

Anyhow, I felt like something was going on going back to January or so of this year after not being able to receive information about replacement/retiring buses and it's numbers.

I've never had problems with operators in Burlington when I'm in the city.

Usually when I'm at my usual area around Burlington GO, sometimes I'd get a hint from a driver or two. Other times, I'd run into a familiar face behind the wheel. At no time does it feel as if things are changing.

But it does feel like that obtaining valuable information about its growing fleet would be harder to get. Even I'm beginning to wonder if/when the next BFAST  teleconference meeting with the new Transit director coukd have an impact on bus information. I don't know for sure, but it's a potential concern.

Dillon, thank you.?

One last thing. The 722XX LFSs don't have the Class Rear door announcement system. The 721Xs I don't think have them.

The 22s also have those soft clicking back doors, similar to Oakville and MiWay. A welcome change.

I hadn't heard any information regarding the September increases/changes. Anyone know? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, newflyerinvero said:

Anyhow, I felt like something was going on going back to January or so of this year after not being able to receive information about replacement/retiring buses and it's numbers.

I've never had problems with operators in Burlington when I'm in the city.

Usually when I'm at my usual area around Burlington GO, sometimes I'd get a hint from a driver or two. Other times, I'd run into a familiar face behind the wheel. At no time does it feel as if things are changing.

But it does feel like that obtaining valuable information about its growing fleet would be harder to get. Even I'm beginning to wonder if/when the next BFAST  teleconference meeting with the new Transit director coukd have an impact on bus information. I don't know for sure, but it's a potential concern.

Dillon, thank you.?

I hadn't heard any information regarding the September increases/changes. Anyone know? 

he has completely ruined any and all future information with his constant bugging of staff with his way of trying to get information. I am still waiting for him to be banned from this board and I would like to see him banned from the system. Perhaps at the meeting, you should bring up the issue of this Dylan kid who is going around causing nothing but issues and see if there is a way they can put a stop to him.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, G.A said:

he has completely ruined any and all future information with his constant bugging of staff with his way of trying to get information. I am still waiting for him to be banned from this board and I would like to see him banned from the system. Perhaps at the meeting, you should bring up the issue of this Dylan kid who is going around causing nothing but issues and see if there is a way they can put a stop to him.

Been watching all this from over the border, and understand one wanting to appear to have the inside track, or be an authority for their hometown agency(s).  But one may have gone a little too far in this circumstance.

Heed this all newcomers, as a learning experience of what NOT to do if you want the respect of your peers on here.

*jumps off soapbox*

I apologize for taking this thread off topic, however, we must also look at the mental health aspect of it. 

Now, I do not know this Dylan kid. However, what I do know is he gets enjoyment out of the buses and his connections. From reading his posts, to me, that seems like his life. He might be a young kid who doesn’t know any better. That’s not an excuse for his conduct, just something to think about. Think back to when we were young. I can guarantee some were the same way. 

The point I’m trying to make here is maybe he feels targeted. Maybe he feels harassed. Maybe in his mind buses are life and buses are his life. He could feel like some are purposely trying to ruin his hobby. Again, I understand the way he has behaved is not proper, and I agree. We still need to be compassionate and help one another, though. Could there be some way to help? Very likely. However, I think a break from the board and a break from the system would benefit him. 

Mental health is a serious issue and needs to be taken into consideration as well as addressed, but addressed by him, outside of this board. 

Mods. Please feel free to delete this post or warn me or whatever you want to do. Please just understand mental health is an issue that no matter where you are, what forum you’re in, should be talked about. 

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

At this point, I've been wondering where 7048-10 could be.. 

I have NO ABSOLUTE IDEA where it could be, as when I was at the garage a few weeks ago, it wasn't there. It hasn't ran for over 3 months now. 

No idea where it is, I think it could be retired or be somewhere else in the GTA, anyone seen it?

I checked Transsee and it says 7048 hasn't ran since June 10th.

1 minute ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

I see where youre coming from but the fact is that he was already banned and he made a new account just to keep postinf the same stuff that he was originally banned for is dumb. Plus he was already banned on his new account but not permanently. (i have proof)

Can we get back to topic, please?! 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

I see where youre coming from but the fact is that he was already banned and he made a new account just to keep postinf the same stuff that he was originally banned for is dumb. Plus he was already banned on his new account but not permanently. (i have proof)

My apologies. I did not realize this. I should have done my due diligence to read more into this. 

Thanks for pointing that out. Have a great day!

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Train and Bus fan 20 said:

I got note from a friend that 7052-10 is MIA and 7006-09 is retired.

I can understand with 7052-10 being M8A.Could be long term repairs.

But 7006-09 being retired. May I ask whom this friend is?

Unless he/she is a mechanic, I wouldn't put too much stock into its retirement.

It could very well be like 7052, that it might just need long term repairs.

• Like 1