Burlington Transit

Hybrid0920

1 hour ago, DiltonPlayz said:

Wait? 7007-09 is retired? Already?! The 2009s are only 12...

It was 7004-09.

The 09s are 13 years old.

Note that 7044-08 is seemingly a placeholder for LFS 72105 which sustained damage during the January 17th major snowstorm. 44-08 was first thought to be gone once 71904 returned,  but with 72105 sidelined, looks like it'll be around until a major mechanical issue develops.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

Yes i know. Ive gotten word from a Burlington Transit worker saying that they will most likely keep 7044 until the 2022 order of LFS' arrive in the Summer-Fall. Not sure how many buses will be ordered but it seems that BT wants to get rid of the D40LFs.

The 2021 order of 7 LFSs are still yet to arrive. Delivery timeline unknown. Those are all replacements.

The 2022 order is 7 buses, with 3 of them being replacements.

• Sad 1

1. Who told you you could use MY photo of 7011-09 (that I took on March 25, 2013) as your profile photo? Please do not use other people's photos without either asking first or giving the original photographer credit. That's theft.

2. I have not updated the Wiki in a bit as I've been busy with work.

3. As it stands, we don't know exactly how many buses are retiring so can we please calm down about this topic?

Hey guys, I'm actually the Burlington worker. One of the GSP's, I just started working in January so I'm just noticing these things as I'm working.

But for clarity it is indeed 7004 that got retired, I made a type as I posted 7007 on one of my accounts and confused myself lol

Right now I'm trying to work on doing good since I'm still in my probation period but I'll try to get info regarding retiring and incoming buses whenever I have time for you guys

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DiltonPlayz said:

Any D40LFs running? Also, do they have Meteor Axles in Brampton?!

Also, have you seen 7011-09?! Because it's my favourite bus!

How do you make a destination sign gif?!

Did you not read the whole post? He said he'll update us when he can. You're spamming the thread now.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, DiltonPlayz said:

Any D40LFs running? Also, do they have Meteor Axles in Brampton?!

Also, have you seen 7011-09?! Because it's my favourite bus!

How do you make a destination sign gif?!

In Brampton there's still some 04's running

In regards to my gif it's from a Vancouver Transit server but idk if the bot they made for it still works

Oh by the way, can anyone update the Handi-Van wiki? It's very outdated. By now, all the 2012-2013 H-V buses were retired and replaced in 2019-2020.

Replaced with what models and fleet numbers.

17 minutes ago, DiltonPlayz said:

I think they are ARBOCs, I think the numbers are: 81910-81915 and 82002-Unknown (I am not sure, so someone correct me if I am wrong.)

Not gonna put info up on the Wiki where the accuracy is questionable, at best.

If someone knows, the info will eventually get put up there.

2 hours ago, DiltonPlayz said:

I hate BT a little now. Wanting to get rid of my favourite buses. ?

Be thankful there's bus service, period.

Trust me if you've around the city prior to October of 2018, you'd wonder if a bus was in service on your route. Having lived in Burlington for 32 years, Transit was looked at as second rate, but was doing great until I want to say around 2000. 

I didn't really pay too much attention to what was going on until 2002 when little by little, the service was starting to stagnate. Sure, the fleet was a but of everything, but it was November of 2013 where the unnecessary network redesign that was designed  to reduce ridership, to the delight of a former Transit director and supervisor. Those are the results of reducing the Transit budget for many years. Oakville was doing so much better when I moved there in 2013. Now..I'd have to say it's the other way around, covid not withstanding. Sue Connor did so much good and we'll see where things go now.

Ads changing aren't updated on the wiki. I  track ads, but they're for my own personal way of which bus is which, helps my limited sight.

So, be patient, your bus will come, albeit a 30 or 40 footer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Also, is this a 40 zone?!

Oh....that was supposed to be a joke!? So edgy. The thing is, jokes are supposed to be FUNNY. This wasn't. 

I've been in Burlington all my life, so...

I really wonder who the wiseguy is who decided to replace the D40LFs, I mean, why replace something if it still works?! 

7011-09 still has a Budds Subaru ad on the door side. 

(and yes, my fav bus is 7011-09)

We know. We've seen you foam over it within the past three days. What you seem to not understand is that every bus has a certain lifespan in service. Once a bus is deemed not feasible to keep, it's retired and either sold off to somewhere else or disposed of. It's the natural order of things.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

The new buses arent any better. They use the same fuel as the older ones and just have a Cummins L9 instead of a Cummins ISL or ISL9

In general 2008 and 2009 buses are extremely smokey.     Every diesel bus uses the same fuel...   You might want to do some research on EPA requirements as the ISL/ISL9 has evolved a lot since the ISL line was first introduced.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, DiltonPlayz said:

Which LFs are getting replaced? *If 7011-09 is getting replaced, I'm gonna be raging* (I might buy 7011-09)

You got money to buy have insurance maintainence costs and anything else? It is very expensive to take care of a bus. I don't know why you said you're going to be raging when a bus retires. That's very Kybosh and makes the local bus fans in that area look bad.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Byfold said:

Thank God the D40LF days are numbered!  Those buses are soooooo smokey! 

I know right! I’m so happy their being retired, I can’t wait for them to be sent off for scrap and have all of their parts melted!!!! Those are such horrible buses I’m not sure why people like them… novas are 100% better