Burlington Transit

Hybrid0920

When I was in burlington last week I think Thursday, newflyerinvero may remember the day, there was only one bus on the route as I was at the garage for maybe an hour or so. It was 7002-85 as I saw it go around twice with no other buses. This was at maybe 6PM or a little before. How many buses are usually on this route?

Route 8 during the previous block was always half full, depending on the driver/route.

8 Harvester had a good size amount during PM rush-hour.

8 North Service has always been slow, especially on Mainway.

Also, the 8 is the best chance to see 7047-82 in regular service, for those Fish-finders.

Both rt.8's get full loads during both rush hours, or at least it used to. However, due to the recession and people losing their jobs left, right and centre, this route may get quieter.....

7047-82 (Fishbowl) was running on the 10 rush-hour extra. It took over for 7077-94, which had a major coolant leak. I rode 47 on the 10 for nearly 3 hours. I LOVED IT!!!

Oh that poor driver :lol:.................sorry, had to say it.

• 2 weeks later...

Not only is the detour in progress where the Route 12 is on detour using Country Club Drive, Millcroft Park Drive and Taywood to bypass the CNR crossing construction, but during next weekend's Sound of Music Festival, there'll be shuttle service between the Burlington GO Station and the Downtown Bus Terminal.

Last year, the routing was Fairview, Guelph Line and New Street. I would figure it'll remain the same this year.

At max, last year's number of buses was 3. That was Saturday. I wonder how many will be used this time around?

The times that these shuttles will be operating will be on Friday, June 19th from 6pm-midnight; Saturday noon-midnight and Sunday from noon to 6pm. The $2 round-trip for this shuttle will allow it to continue to operate in the future.

In addition, there will also be day passes available for Saturday and Sunday of that weekend for BT travel to/from the Festival. It'll be $10 per day, Saturday and Sunday for these passes for a family of 4, (2 adults and 2 children). I'm not certain whether or not the $10 for a day pass would also apply to one person for that, too.

Plus, there will be additional trips from the Downtown Transit Terminal on Routes 1, 2, 3 and 10. These trips will all depart at midnight.Yes, the 1. Specifically, the Route 1 West to Hamilton. It's revised route from downtown will be Lakeshore, Maple and Plains. The Route 10 will be eastbound only.

Personally, I think that there should be a Route 1 East departing the terminal, too as well as connecting buses from the Burlington GO station from people on the 2. Those connecting buses should be the 6 and 12. Hmm. It has been like this for many years, perhaps that's what people want...though, why not expand the system as a whole for that night? Just a thought.

I thin

Apparently, there's movement regarding re-routing the 10 from Spruce Ave and Hampton Heath to Appleby Line and Lakeshore Road. I guess there were many more of those non-bus types within those streets as well as that there weren't enough through that area to begin with.

Anyways, there's an open house to discuss this change on June 25th at Acension High School between 7-9pm with the presentation at 7:30pm. I'm not sure when the change would take effect.

In other news, the Student Passes will be accepted this summer with a 2-1 program where if a student is with someone else, they would get on for free with only one of the two people paying.

Apparently, there's movement regarding re-routing the 10 from Spruce Ave and Hampton Heath to Appleby Line and Lakeshore Road. I guess there were many more of those non-bus types within those streets as well as that there weren't enough through that area to begin with.

Anyways, there's an open house to discuss this change on June 25th at Acension High School between 7-9pm with the presentation at 7:30pm. I'm not sure when the change would take effect.

In other news, the Student Passes will be accepted this summer with a 2-1 program where if a student is with someone else, they would get on for free with only one of the two people paying.

We don't want to lose this portion of the route. I suggest everybody go to this open house to protest the change. I'm so sick of these f***ing residents trying to get buses off their streets with no regard to the people that actually use the bus in that area. If you don't like the bus going down your street....MOVE.

We don't want to lose this portion of the route. I suggest everybody go to this open house to protest the change. I'm so sick of these f***ing residents trying to get buses off their streets with no regard to the people that actually use the bus in that area. If you don't like the bus going down your street....MOVE.

No s**t, Dave. I mean, for oen thing...there's got to be alot of residental infighting or indecisions within that community. To think that it's happening now is funny enough considering that for so many years ever since the old 1A and the 10 were going through that same neighbhourhood. Now they don't feel the need to have them going in there? I would love to be a fly on the wall with some of those bus users and non-bus users in the same room duking it out and see who'll win. Hopefully the bus users do. ^_^

Interim solution: Create a 10A branch with two-way service using the same stretch for peak-period use. It's guarenteed to get good solid ridership during those times to be sure.

I was talking to my driver friend who drives the 12 in the early mornings back when ti was on detour through Millcroft. He found that detour to be no problem. Wow!!! :o Yes, amazing is what I had said with a surprised look on my face. Ther ewas only the one issue where a car driver almost rammed a his D40LF off the road and into Millcroft Park (not the street, the actual park) as he/she apparently doesn't want buses in there. Stupid. If an accident occured, the city would charge him instantly.

Furthermore, he feels that if there was going to be a route for small buses to operate through there in the future, he felt that it was going to be 'an accident waiting to happen.' I guess from his experiences of using that detrour last week, he had seen plenty of street hockey players, and many bicyle riders. It's not the point; rather, it's the fact that he's seen on way too many occassions...speeders. He believes that if those speeders are controlled and the proper speed limits are controlled on these streets (like Millcroft Park Drive is max 40 with Country Club being the same)...well, I guess it could help. But, yes....professional bus drivers would be the responsible drivers on thsoe streets to be sure.

Additionally, having LF service for each and every trip he felt was neccessary, even if he were to live in the same neighborrhood, too. We concluded that it's become a community which transit's becoming a bit more receptive to transit service. I guess that's what a poor economy can do. Heck, there's even been a few pick-ups and drop-offs in Millcroft. Excellent!! :)

They say its an accident waiting to happen? Wow an accident like that can occur anywhere!

That I completely agree with. With that in mind, take the routes which currently serve neighbhourhoods. Accidents can happen there as well as the main roads.

After speaking with the supervisor today...

Told me that they're going full steam ahead with ordering new buses with the 2009 consortium. Not sure about 2010 seeing as the budget calls for 2 expansions. However, hearing him made me think that if the money's there, they would be willing to purchase additional buses, perhaps not directly from the consortium. Of course, many things can change in a matter of a few months as the budget gets closer to being finalized in the fall.

It was a survey that determined the recremendation of the changing of the Route 10 to Appleby and Lakeshore. I guess the majority of the non-bus riders won out against the bus users. Wow. Car beats bus again. But I tell ya...this opens up for a rush-hour route through there. I have a big feeling that the riders in that area will definitely be holding their own, demanding that at least rush-hour service being provided. Somehow there could be a 10A branch through that negibhourhood whilest the main 10 stays on Appleby/Lakeshore.

The main issue with the 10 is that the scheduling's tight to the point that I don't think it makes sense to join the New Street portion with the Spruce/Lakeside portion. Then again, as I ride that route occassionally, the patterns I see are that most people are going downtown from Appleby/New Street, usually at the stop at the northeast corner of that intersection. Would it mean in chopping off the 10 at that area, allowing a seperate route to do Lakeside and another for New Street? Don't know...

Additionally, having LF service for each and every trip he felt was neccessary, even if he were to live in the same neighborrhood, too. We concluded that it's become a community which transit's becoming a bit more receptive to transit service. I guess that's what a poor economy can do. Heck, there's even been a few pick-ups and drop-offs in Millcroft. Excellent!! :angry:
Nick, your kidding right? MILLCROFT!! nah, we're just pipedreaming here? ok, I have to admit, I just about fell off my chair reading that last line from you...

regarding the 10 route change, it might be a good thing, there NEEDS to be service on Lakeshore to downtown, when the OT 14 is not doing it.... so yeah, I'd agree with you on that one? I'd love to be a fly on the wall in that meeting, rofl!

Nick, your kidding right? MILLCROFT!! nah, we're just pipedreaming here? ok, I have to admit, I just about fell off my chair reading that last line from you...

regarding the 10 route change, it might be a good thing, there NEEDS to be service on Lakeshore to downtown, when the OT 14 is not doing it.... so yeah, I'd agree with you on that one? I'd love to be a fly on the wall in that meeting, rofl!

Well I can tell you from Oakvilles perspective.....we hardly pick up or drop off anyone going either way on Lakeshore between Lakeside Plaza and the Downtown Terminal. A couple years ago they almost axed that portion of the route. I think the 10 should stick to the current routing as there is definitely more ridership on Spruce and Hampton Heath then their would be on Lakeshore.

I've used the 10 from downtown to lakeside then transfered onto the 14 to go into oakville and they both have a good enough ridership. Dave were you the one driving 9102 a few weeks or a month or so ago at lakeside plaza that said he lived in Hamilton and commented on my bike?

Well I can tell you from Oakvilles perspective.....we hardly pick up or drop off anyone going either way on Lakeshore between Lakeside Plaza and the Downtown Terminal. A couple years ago they almost axed that portion of the route. I think the 10 should stick to the current routing as there is definitely more ridership on Spruce and Hampton Heath then their would be on Lakeshore.

lol, Yeah Dave, i remember that almost axe-ing very well, I'm always using it coming back and forth to Hamilton, its easier than using bt transit, whose schedules are messed, with constant missed connections at appleby between the 10 and 1..

I'm keeping hopes up that they ( OT ) wont kill it with all the new changes coming..

7065-91 is back with a new coat of paint. Personally I liked the old scheme better, with the single blue stripe on the front half.

Also 7047-82 was running today during PM rush on the 2 North. It was an offer I simply couldn't refuse. 7027-06 was on the 8, and 7029-06 (Blue Bird) was on the 10.

I've used the 10 from downtown to lakeside then transfered onto the 14 to go into oakville and they both have a good enough ridership. Dave were you the one driving 9102 a few weeks or a month or so ago at lakeside plaza that said he lived in Hamilton and commented on my bike?

I don't think that was me. What day of the week was it on and around what time?

Anyways: My sources indicate 7024-03 has been finished at MTB and is coming back to Burlington any day now. HORRAY!!!

I think it may have been a Friday it was on June 8th for sure, the driver was a bigger guy that had light hair. I got the bus at hopedale mall and the driver said I like your bike? Then I talked to him at lakeside for a few mins while waiting for the BT route 10.

I think it may have been a Friday it was on June 8th for sure, the driver was a bigger guy that had light hair. I got the bus at hopedale mall and the driver said I like your bike? Then I talked to him at lakeside for a few mins while waiting for the BT route 10.

Yeah it wasn't me.

lol, Yeah Dave, i remember that almost axe-ing very well, I'm always using it coming back and forth to Hamilton, its easier than using bt transit, whose schedules are messed, with constant missed connections at appleby between the 10 and 1..

I'm keeping hopes up that they ( OT ) wont kill it with all the new changes coming..

I can tell you that the 14 will still be going to the Downtown Terminal. In fact, it will be leaving the terminal on the :00 and the :30 for better connections. (I saw the draft schedules for September).