RuralLynx - Southwest New Brunswick Transit Authority

DavidW

Proposal to bring twice daily bus service to Charlotte County, New Brunswick. Service would connect St. Andrews, St. Stephen, Bayside, St. George, Pennfield, and Lepreau with Saint John. See the CBC article:

Bus service may return to Charlotte County
New service would link Charlotte County communities and Saint John

By Connell Smith, CBC News

Posted: Oct 21, 2015 10:02 PM AT Last Updated: Oct 22, 2015 6:35 AM AT

They don't seem to have a website, but SWNBTA is on facebook.

I just heard of this yesterday, and it sounds like a great idea. I hope they are able to get it off the ground.

If it does come to fruition, it would be awesome if they added Fredericton to the mix. When I moved to Fredericton from St. Stephen to begin university, Acadian had just closed their doors, which was a bummer. It'd be great to have an alternate way to get myself home once in a while.

• 1 year later...

Charlotte County gets public transit to Saint John this fall
New Brunswick government to put $500,000 over 2 years into twice-a-day, round-trip bus service

By Ben Silcox, CBC News
Posted: Jul 27, 2017 5:36 PM AT
Last Updated: Jul 27, 2017 8:00 PM AT

The New Brunswick government is helping kick-start the Rural Lynx bus system in Charlotte County, so it can provide public transit from St. Stephen to Saint John daily starting this fall.

The province will put $500,000 over two years into the project, which will function in a partnership with Maritime Bus, which does not already offer service to the area.

• Like 1