TTC NovaBus LFS Movement List

Let's hope in 2025 and beyond TTC procures the replacement at the minimal of 153 artics as the oldest artics currently will be at 12 years old by 2025 which is the normal artic retirement age.

As of now there's no document stating what they'll buy after that 300 electric bus order (of which should be all 40ft).

8 minutes ago, Articulated said:

Don't forget that back in Fall 2021, with service improvements to the Keele corridor, the artic assignments were switched so that the 941 express was the artic route, and the 41 local was full 40' but was brought into the 10 minute network. This arrangement should please both parties (those wanting more frequent service and those wanting more capacity).

This didn't last long as the November 2021 service cuts basically reverted the entire system to August 2021 schedules, meaning the artics went back on 41. But it isn't the long-term plan to keep artics on the local branch, I hope...

The 41 was never part of the 10 minute network and still wasn't even with that change. It just brought headways down from 20 min to 16 min at weekdays late evening. TTC should have improved capacity by keeping similar headways on the 941 but instead they widen it.

On 1/12/2022 at 12:51 PM, wil9402 said:

Based on the proposed McNicoll route assignments during the master, the following routes are still waiting for artic conversion: 927, 935, 939 and 960. Things to keep in mind, 960 was only between the Finch and Pioneer Village at the time. Also, with Line 3 closing if 939 is to be converted it will need more artics than anticipated along with 134C/913 and 985. Line 6 opening will free up 35 artics in addition to the 68 new artics. That's gives them 103 to cover these four routes. If you want to free up more you can grab the 14 from Keele.

Man, Jane can't get Artics fast enough. It has been needing them for years. I just hope the schedules aren't fudged just because of the conversion. Maybe lose a couple runs but don't cut the service too much trying to compensate for the different bus type. Keep service frequent so as to not cause overcrowding

29 Dufferin needs to be revised to widen the headway between buses. There are too many buses too often that don’t even run full. But I can’t change squat because it’s above my pay grade

2 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

29 Dufferin needs to be revised to widen the headway between buses. There are too many buses too often that don’t even run full. But I can’t change squat because it’s above my pay grade

I know Arrow operators, and to a lesser extent Wilson, will be relieved next week when 29 gets booted to the parking lot at Wilson Station. Maneuvering through the Upper Level while 5-6 artics layover is not the most enjoyable thing I assume.

20 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

Imo I think riders would prefer it that way. especially with omicron a full bus doesn't sound nearly as appealing as an empty one. 

On 1/14/2022 at 9:35 PM, bus_7246 said:

I feel they over compensated for the 29 and 929. The ridership is high but not that high. All they need to do is potentially add RapidTO lanes and maybe convert 29 and 929 into an all door boarding route. They have buses with 3 sets of doors. Why not make it all door boarding at every major stop? There are plenty of other routes where this should become a thing too. Streetcars are doing it. I don't see why this couldn't work for buses and heck, shuttle buses on streetcar routes do it. 

I disagree with splitting the keele route. Earlier at Donald abt 12 hours ago there were at least 25+ people waiting for the bus and the og hev got overcrowded. Not to mention It didn't really get better until just before wilson but once we got there another cluster ton of people boarded making it packed like sardines again.  It was really difficult to Social distance. This is kind of why I think Arctics should stay on the 41. I notice that in the morning the 41 tends to have more ppl than the 941 as well. 20220120_145430.thumb.jpg.580dccedca775ab7f7cbcba07df716a2.jpg