Jump to content

TTC NovaBus LFS Movement List


Recommended Posts

On 7/22/2019 at 9:24 AM, Cityflyer said:

I LOVE Queensway getting hand me downs ONLY because it pisses you off. I hope they get the oldest stuff and all models retire from Queensway.

ALL BECAUSE OF DOUG FORD!!! 

On 7/22/2019 at 8:14 AM, Xtrazsteve said:

Dude, we are all tired on you saying you dislike any movements to Queensway. Keep it to yourself.

As things stand right now, once all the Orion VIIs are gone, the entire Queensway division would likely be operating with all 8400s/8510s. 

I quoted about this issue by commenting on one of Steve Munro's post on his website. 

Surprisingly, he knows about that Queensway's been getting hand me down buses.. and he is aware of it. 

More surprisingly, some people actually complained to the TTC about the grumpy old buses that they have to ride. 

I am also waiting to see any Queensway buses with new liverie since I don't feel like living in 2019 here in Etobicoke :)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, raptorjays said:

ALL BECAUSE OF DOUG FORD!!! 

I quoted about this issue by commenting on one of Steve Munro's post on his website. 

Surprisingly, he knows about that Queensway's been getting hand me down buses.. and he is aware of it. 

More surprisingly, some people actually complained to the TTC about the grumpy old buses that they have to ride. 

I am also waiting to see any Queensway buses with new liverie since I don't feel like living in 2019 here in Etobicoke :)

Grumpy old buses? I should be complaining about MtD's entirely hybrid fleet from 2006-2008 or Wilsons NGs. (Unless it's an artic route) They totally don't feel like 2019. They might look new from the outside but they are totally old on the inside and feels like hand me downs now.

Queensway's novas are 2015-2016 which are way newer than those hybrids. They feel the same as the ones at Eglinton and rides the same on the inside. Wait another year, the 8400s will be repainted in new livery. Personally I prefer the old livery and rather they don't paint them. Queensway did have some loan new livery novas a while back, so it's not like it never happened before.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Grumpy old buses? I should be complaining about MtD's entirely hybrid fleet from 2006-2008 or Wilsons NGs. (Unless it's an artic route) They totally don't feel like 2019. They might look new from the outside but they are totally old on the inside and feels like hand me downs now.

Queensway's novas are 2015-2016 which are way newer than those hybrids. They feel the same as the ones at Eglinton and rides the same on the inside. Wait another year, the 8400s will be repainted in new livery. Personally I prefer the old livery and rather they don't paint them. Queensway did have some loan new livery novas a while back, so it's not like it never happened before.

But when it's time for Mount Dennis' hybrids and Wilson's NGs to retire those divisions will most certainly get the next batch of new deliveries. Meanwhile Queensway and South Etobicoke routes will be short changed and suffer from the brunt once again. Once the remaining 7900s and 8000s get decommissioned they are very likely going to be replaced with more hand me downs (the remaining 8400s and 8510s) as previously posted in this thread which totally isn't fair. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Genius101 said:

But when it's time for Mount Dennis' hybrids and Wilson's NGs to retire those divisions will most certainly get the next batch of new deliveries. Meanwhile Queensway and South Etobicoke routes will be short changed and suffer from the brunt once again. Once the remaining 7900s and 8000s get decommissioned they are very likely going to be replaced with more hand me downs (the remaining 8400s and 8510s) as previously posted in this thread which totally isn't fair. 

Please see you doctor and explain:

I have an issue. Normal people don't see a difference between my local bus division and the ones from other division. The cleanness is relativity the same once the new bus smell is gone but in my heart, cause I'm a transit addict and know everything. The buses weren't delivered new to my division. Even though they are pretty much the same once the new factor wears off, it's not to me. What's wrong with me? Do I need a therapist? Maybe a brain wash? I can't take this anymore.

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

#3145, #3146, #3147, #3148, #3149, #3150, #3151, #3152, #3153, #3154, #3155, #3156, #3157, #3158, #3159 @ Birchmount Division

#8931, #8932, #8933, #8934, #8935, #8936, #8937, #8938, #8939, #8940 @ Eglinton Division

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, soo8513 said:

Rode buses from eight series and five divisions yesterday. Everyone was in good shape, clean and "comfortable". Rode range from 1047 to 3558.  Not sure why this thread has so many negative posts.

Because some people just can't comprehend that "a bus is a bus".

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Please see you doctor and explain:

I have an issue. Normal people don't see a difference between my local bus division and the ones from other division. The cleanness is relativity the same once the new bus smell is gone but in my heart, cause I'm a transit addict and know everything. The buses weren't delivered new to my division. Even though they are pretty much the same once the new factor wears off, it's not to me. What's wrong with me? Do I need a therapist? Maybe a brain wash? I can't take this anymore.

Well.. I don’t 

Isn’t it simpler if Arrow’s 3100s move to Arrow and Birchmount’s 8400-8617 stays where they are. 

I know it is still a hand me down for Queensway, but why are they doing such a complicatex move

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, raptorjays said:

Well.. I don’t 

Isn’t it simpler if Arrow’s 3100s move to Arrow and Birchmount’s 8400-8617 stays where they are. 

I know it is still a hand me down for Queensway, but why are they doing such a complicatex move

Just to be complex, since there are no potential bus orders for 2020 yet, perhaps any new livery buses like the 8620s can move to Queensway to allow some or most 7900s/8000s at Queensway and Obico to move over to McNicoll. 

 

1 hour ago, MK78 said:

Maybe Eglinton has more space?

That can stay that way until McNicoll is commissioned one year from now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Express Network said:

Just to be complex, since there are no potential bus orders for 2020 yet, perhaps any new livery buses like the 8620s can move to Queensway to allow some or most 7900s/8000s at Queensway and Obico to move over to McNicoll. 

My question was.. why don’t they just move 31xxs at Arrow to Queensway and keep 8400-8617 at Birchmount? Although it is still a hand me down, I really don’t see difference between putting 8400-8617 or 31xxs... 

Probably the TTC is trying to dump as many grumpy hand me down vehicles as they can to Queensway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, raptorjays said:

My question was.. why don’t they just move 31xxs at Arrow to Queensway and keep 8400-8617 at Birchmount? Although it is still a hand me down, I really don’t see difference between putting 8400-8617 or 31xxs... 

Probably the TTC is trying to dump as many grumpy hand me down vehicles as they can to Queensway. 

If you complained less, did a little research and used some logic you would know that the 2015 (8400-8504) and 2016 (8510-8617) LFSs have the same engine as the 2006 (7900-7979) and 2007 (8000-8099) VIIs, the Cummins ISL. With Queensway being a small division it is better to keep buses with as many similarities together to reduce the amount of parts needed to be stored on site. It would be a waste to retrain the mechanics again as well on the 3100s, which have a Cummins L9 engine like the 2017 (8620-8716, 8720-8964) & 2018 (9200-9239) LFSs. Birchmount mechanics have experience with both engines. The 3100s also have other similarities to the 8900s and 9200s that are already part of their fleet, such as external cameras.

Now can we please stop with the complaining about Queensway's fleet. It is very annoying not only to me, but other members as well.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, transportationtoronto said:

but anyways, what was the whole point of this move? getting rid of the 79xx and 80xx?

I dunno, but Arrow has started to receive the next batch of Nova LFS Hybrids, so they will need more room I guess. And probably more retirement of the Orions is in the future as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, raptorjays said:

Probably the TTC is trying to dump as many grumpy hand me down vehicles as they can to Queensway. 

A bus is a bus.  It gets you from point A to point B like it should.    Quit yer bitching and grow a pair.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...