Xtrazsteve

TTC NovaBus LFS Movement List

On 5/7/2019 at 8:30 AM, Ultimate said:

Birchmount is fully vision already though 

The 79xx at Birchmount aren't vision equipped.

• Like 2

So based on current movement. That means most of the 8400-8617 will go to Queensway and 7900-7979 & 8000-8099 will be on their way to retirement soon.

it also means Queensway won’t see new liveries for at least 2-3 years from now, right?

11 minutes ago, raptorjays said:

So based on current movement. That means most of the 8400-8617 will go to Queensway and 7900-7979 & 8000-8099 will be on their way to retirement soon.

it also means Queensway won’t see new liveries for at least 2-3 years from now, right?

So what would Bmount get in this scenario??

And Arrow will get hybrids wont they?

I doubt this will happen though.

3 hours ago, raptorjays said:

Queensway division has been treated like second class for many decades now. Once again why are they getting the "hand me down" 8400-8617 series Novas to replace the soon to be retiring 7900s and 8000s? In fairness I want to see the procurement of new buses being delivered to Queensway for once but it never happens. 

The 8620s Nova series were delivered brand new to Eglinton, the 3100s were delivered brand new to Arrow and the 9200s started their revenue service life at Birchmount why can't the same happen at Queensway? 

Who cares? Considering the same 8620 series Novas you're complaining about are a mere two years old at most I fail to see what the big deal is.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, HB_1024 said:

Who cares? Considering the same 8620 series Novas you're complaining about are a mere two years old at most I fail to see what the big deal is.

It seems like a psychological issue to me than anything. Any bus in used after 3 months feels like a "hand me down" bus. If this brothers anyone, time to see a doctor. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Genius101 said:

Queensway division has been treated like second class for many decades now. Once again why are they getting the "hand me down" 8400-8617 series Novas to replace the soon to be retiring 7900s and 8000s? In fairness I want to see the procurement of new buses being delivered to Queensway for once but it never happens. 

The 8620s Nova series were delivered brand new to Eglinton, the 3100s were delivered brand new to Arrow and the 9200s started their revenue service life at Birchmount why can't the same happen at Queensway? 

It is really unfortunate since 8400-8617 were already ran on Arrow Rd and Birchmount.. 

I remember Queensway had the D40LF which became the oldest fleet around 2016.. and now they have the oldest fleet in the system again.. (7900-7979) with some buses without VISION.

Not only the Queensway division, but the whole Etobicoke area has been very hostile on transit. The Humber Bay area has been booming with steady population increase and the transit infrastructure can’t keep up...

And the redesign of the bus bay at Islington Station is keep getting delayed... and Kipling hub is JUST being built right now. 

3 hours ago, HB_1024 said:

In the last 10 year, I’ve seen all divisions got the new deliveries but Queensway. 

Why do some people not understand that all that matters is if the bus is functional! And that is for queensway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, raptorjays said:

In the last 10 year, I’ve seen all divisions got the new deliveries but Queensway.

So, what point are you trying to make? Because it doesn't matter where the buses get delivered to. They are going to end up on the roads eventually. Plus, wherever the buses end up, the mechs at all of the TTC bus divisions do a really good job at maintaining the buses. On top of that, the fleet management decides what division certain buses will run out of. It's not the end of the world if Queensway doesn't receive new bus deliveries because they're receiving buses anyways, just it's from other bus divisions. 8627 and 8628 were only a few months old when they were sent to Queensway in October 2017.

• Like 1

EAside from the people complaining because they don’t get new buses at their favourite divisions, is there a logical reason for certain garages getting an older fleet, I was looking over the wiki and Queensway seems to have a lot more shorter routes as well as harsher roads, is it as simple as let the old buses last longer on shorter routes

whenever I take a Queensway route the Older VII, still handle like the newer 8300s, can’t really see the issue with old buses being sent to Queensway 

edit: I realize this is a little off topic being a NOVA thread so I apologize on that 

4 hours ago, Shemar said:

So, what point are you trying to make? Because it doesn't matter where the buses get delivered to. They are going to end up on the roads eventually. Plus, wherever the buses end up, the mechs at all of the TTC bus divisions do a really good job at maintaining the buses. On top of that, the fleet management decides what division certain buses will run out of. It's not the end of the world if Queensway doesn't receive new bus deliveries because they're receiving buses anyways, just it's from other bus divisions. 8627 and 8628 were only a few months old when they were sent to Queensway in October 2017.

well 8627 8628 was just a TEMPORARY allocation. It was delivered to Eglinton originally. 

1 minute ago, raptorjays said:

well 8627 8628 was just a TEMPORARY allocation. It was delivered to Eglinton originally. 

Yeah I know they were delivered to Eglinton but at least Queensway had them for a little while. I feel like this discussion about "Why Queensway always get hand me downs" is never going to end because some of you don't understand that it doesn't matter what bus a division receives whether it's a brand new bus, or an older bus. As long as they are well maintained, which they are, there shouldn't be any concern why Queensway doesn't receive newer buses. IT'S JUST A BUS!!! End of discussion...

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, TTC T6H-5307N 2252 said:

So I guess Wilson will be getting 9136-9152 in exchange for 90xx

It is a possibility. However, I think the fleet allocation for the artics as a whole will most likely change once all of them are rebuilt.

• Like 4

Will the rebuild of Jane Station's bus bays mean artics on 35 and/or 935 and where will they come from (perhaps 36B)? 

There is 2 or 3 old novas at arrow upon checking by photos today

Does anyone know the number of them, they are way too far back to identify

20190512_160653.jpg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Basket said:

There is 2 or 3 old novas at arrow upon checking by photos today

Does anyone know the number of them, they are way too far back to identify

20190512_160653.jpg

That image is from Google Maps, dated July 2018...

arrow.png

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

That image is from Google Maps, dated July 2018...

arrow.png

No becuase i searchex it up and it was from 2019 may 12

Also someone posted this on there instagram saying they saw today

That cannot be. For one thing, it's been rainy/overcast all day, for another, those are not evergreen trees, so they wouldn't be green at this point, and finally, the grass in the photo is very dry, even though it's done very little except snow and rain all year.

Have a look for yourself. How would Google have been able to capture the image today and get it uploaded in time, and why would they claim the image is from July 2018?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/700+Arrow+Rd/@43.7467502,-79.5298242,3a,23.1y,272.9h,86.53t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1smKYfRCfL6msp8YD2QT8gWg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192!4m5!3m4!1s0x882b3046ffad19a3:0x505a9b529c82e462!8m2!3d43.745728!4d-79.529601