Jump to content
Xtrazsteve

TTC NovaBus LFS Movement List

Recommended Posts

On 1/28/2019 at 3:02 AM, Ultimate said:

8499 is tracking at Malvern, cannot confirm this movement

 

On 1/28/2019 at 9:18 AM, MK78 said:

It looks like it's tracking inside the building, maybe it's there for some service that Birchmount can't do at this moment?

It doesn't make much sense as a movement now.

Possibly Training, my friend told me Eglinton and Malvern are using Birchmount for Training such as backing up and securing wheelchairs. It pisses off the cleaners because they do it right in front of Tracks 1 to Tracks 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ultimate said:

3359 has made it back to Arrow
3438 has moved on to Queensway

 

Queensway can't take hybrids. It's NOT a movement!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shemar said:

Queensway can't take hybrids. It's NOT a movement!

Someone may find out the hard way lol

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Shemar said:

Queensway can't take hybrids. It's NOT a movement!

Maybe with some lube and a running start...

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Shemar said:

Queensway can't take hybrids. It's NOT a movement!

Well its been sitting idle for 3 hours now at the Yard, the other movements that only lasted a few minutes they would not turn them off and would be gone by now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is that you're reporting it in here as a movement (i.e. a change of allocation). There's nothing stopping the bus from stopping by Queensway and sitting in the yard. Maybe they were moving personnel or transporting parts, and buggered off for lunch (or the bus broke down). But it's not newsworthy in any way, as buses can travel all over the city for various reasons.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

Maybe with some lube and a running start...

Then it'll be like what happened at Warden passenger dropoff, lol. Just with a lot of battery acid everywhere LOL.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shemar said:

Queensway can't take hybrids. It's NOT a movement!

Well there will come the day when the TTC's fleet becomes all-electric. Unless they can pay for upgrades to accommodate roof-mounted batteries, Queensway is going to have to shut down before the last clean diesels are retired. Thankfully the TTC ought to have built another garage (in addition to McNicoll) to replace it by then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Oh wow they are lipo's, nice... But yeah, damn that would be quite the fireworks show. burn down the entire garage lol.

What did the Orion HEV's use for batteries?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Transit geek said:

Well there will come the day when the TTC's fleet becomes all-electric. Unless they can pay for upgrades to accommodate roof-mounted batteries, Queensway is going to have to shut down before the last clean diesels are retired. Thankfully the TTC ought to have built another garage (in addition to McNicoll) to replace it by then.

It'll just become a wheel-trans garage then! They'll have to build a new one to replace it and the 9th garage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MK78 said:

 Oh wow they are lipo's, nice... But yeah, damn that would be quite the fireworks show. burn down the entire garage lol.

What did the Orion HEV's use for batteries?

Same. A123 LiPo cells. No more combustible than diesel fuel really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Bus_Medic said:

Same. A123 LiPo cells. No more combustible than diesel fuel really.

 Ah, nice. Really, not like the LiPo's people post on youtube that blow up especially in RC cars? Those things flame like crazy when punctured/damaged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MK78 said:

 Ah, nice. Really, not like the LiPo's people post on youtube that blow up especially in RC cars? Those things flame like crazy when punctured/damaged.

Well, sure they do. That’s why the over/undercharged settings are set so conservatively. But so does diesel, and water is pretty ineffective on both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ultimate said:

8503 has moved to Malvern

It's probably being serviced there. Not all movements are transfers.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×