Jump to content
Xtrazsteve

TTC NovaBus LFS Movement List

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, BYD said:

Both are reported. You guys can't duplicate posts all at once.

Arw>Bir: #8601

How about you leave the admining to the admins please?

In fairness to @7575, @Shemar's original post listed those 3 units as "being transferred to Birchmount"; he later edited his post to say they were at Birchmount. I'll give the benefit of the doubt to 7575 that he made his post before Shemar edited his.

And as for the unit *you* posted, 8601 was reported as at Birchmount by @Ultimate 3 hours before you made your post.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Articulated said:

How about you leave the admining to the admins please?

In fairness to @7575, @Shemar's original post listed those 3 units as "being transferred to Birchmount"; he later edited his post to say they were at Birchmount. I'll give the benefit of the doubt to 7575 that he made his post before Shemar edited his.

And as for the unit *you* posted, 8601 was reported as at Birchmount by @Ultimate 3 hours before you made your post.

Yes. @Shemar said they were en route. I confirmed they arrived before he edited his post. In no way, shape or form did I mean to duplicate, I was just confirming. Thanks to @Articulated for giving me the benefit of the dobut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 7575 said:

Yes. @Shemar said they were en route. I confirmed they arrived before he edited his post. In no way, shape or form did I mean to duplicate, I was just confirming. Thanks to @Articulated for giving me the benefit of the dobut.

Sorry about that. When I edited my post, there was no post underneath mine so I didn't see your post until after.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Shemar said:

Sorry about that. When I edited my post, there was no post underneath mine so I didn't see your post until after.

I'm sorry as well. Let's move on, shall we?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

I think it’s largely up to the passenger’s discretion wether they wish to be strapped in or not...I do know that the operator is obligated, should they request it.

To that end, there’s a certain infamous passenger simply known as “Lily” that immensely enjoys making life miserable for operators...boarding, insisting on being secured with ALL available equipment, only to request and alight at the very next stop. Anything less than flawless textbook execution of the procedure results in a customer service complaint from her. She’s known systemwide. She views her hyper vigilance as making the system better for others using mobility devices I guess....holding the TTC’s “feet to the fire” as it were. Sucks for the other 45 people now delayed 10 minutes for one wheelchair only travelling 800 metres.

Instructors mention her as an example of a possible worst case scenario in classroom sessions. Perhaps Leylandvictory2 can chime in, as I don’t particularly know the traffic side policy all that well.

My purview begins and ends with all the hooks and retractors being free and functioning as intended

 When a passenger in the mobility device boards you ask them if they would like to be secured. Most like 99.9% don't so you wait for them to park and apply brakes and you're good to go. If they do want to be secured then you obviously secure them. If they are riding Wheel Trans they always get secured.

I've been told there is a passenger that does this. I've never seen them personally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Someguy3071 said:

I've been told there is a passenger that does this. I've never seen them personally. 

That’s Lily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So do these latest transfers mean there's no more 8400-8616 Nova's left at Arrow, have they all been transferred between Birchmount (vast majority) and some to Queensway?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

I think it’s largely up to the passenger’s discretion wether they wish to be strapped in or not...I do know that the operator is obligated, should they request it.

To that end, there’s a certain infamous passenger simply known as “Lily” that immensely enjoys making life miserable for operators...boarding, insisting on being secured with ALL available equipment, only to request and alight at the very next stop. Anything less than flawless textbook execution of the procedure results in a customer service complaint from her. She’s known systemwide. She views her hyper vigilance as making the system better for others using mobility devices I guess....holding the TTC’s “feet to the fire” as it were. Sucks for the other 45 people now delayed 10 minutes for one wheelchair only travelling 800 metres.

Instructors mention her as an example of a possible worst case scenario in classroom sessions. Perhaps Leylandvictory2 can chime in, as I don’t particularly know the traffic side policy all that well.

My purview begins and ends with all the hooks and retractors being free and functioning as intended.

I wonder how many people unfairly got into trouble before she'd established her reputation and her complaints were still being taken seriously?

There's a lady named Gail who lives in a condo in North Toronto and she  had mobility problems so she was on crutches and she'd be really miserable about it.  She'd make a point of taking her disabilities out on everyone around her and one of the things she'd do was call for WheelTrans pickups but not cancel them if she changed her mind or called for them just for the heck of it and the WheelTrans bus would show up...and wait...and wait...and wait...and eventually give up leave.  Meanwhile everyone on the bus is stuck going nowhere and everyone waiting to be picked up must have been wondering where on earth their ride was.  Pretty much every day, there'd be several of those "We missed you" notices stuck on the lobby door.  I feel for you guys having to deal with people like this.  It's a truly thankless job.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, MK78 said:

So do these latest transfers mean there's no more 8400-8616 Nova's left at Arrow, have they all been transferred between Birchmount (vast majority) and some to Queensway?

 

One bus (8604) is still technically at Arrow but it is at Mount Dennis for AODA Training. It will remain an Arrow bus until it is officially allocated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tracker is showing 3406, 3407 and 3423 are heading east on Sheppard.

By the way, the service summary has listed 2 of the Nova HEVs are in service as of Dec 12, 2018. I suppose most of them have completed their PDI and just awaiting in vision/training preparation at Malvern. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2019 at 12:44 PM, Bus_Medic said:

That’s Lily.

Lily sadly has passed away.  If she really hates you, she would wait for you on your return trip. Of course she would make you to secure her and get off the following stop.

Onetime she was attempting to board a nova RTS. As some of you know the lift on the RTS are problematic even worse than the orion v.  The lift was stuck half way.  There is a key for driver to manually lower the lift.  It is hard work from what I was told.

 

The hardest thing about wheelchair securement is that there are several types of securements.  It depends on the type of the wheelchair the passenger uses.  Securement cannot done half way.  It is either full securement or nothing.  

 

Drivers get a refresher course on wheelchair securement during the recert and the vision training.  TTC puts a lot of emphasis on wheel chair securement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2019 at 10:56 AM, Ultimate said:

I doubt this is a movement but 3411 has stopped by Wilson Garage and is still there 

It was there for new driver training...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ultimate said:

I belive not as it was only there for 5 minutes 

I believe so, because I talked to the trainer, and also got him to change the sign for a picture....

05A69CC4-B967-4D82-AC8D-B20DFD3A6D3F.jpeg

  • Like 6
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×