TTC NovaBus LFS Movement List

5 hours ago, Andythagiant said:

Just saw a whole line of 33xx passing me on the Gardiner 5 minutes ago heading to Queensway garage.

So to recap, a whole bunch of buses shifted between Arrow, Queensway, Birchmount and McNicoll

Bir>Arw: 9210-9219
Arw>McN: 9220-9234 to join 9235-9239 already at McN

Qsy>Bir: 8460-8468, finally all 8400s are at Bir

McN>Qsy: 3320-3329 with except of 3322 and 3326 which is tracking at Hillcrest. Possibility they'll move to Qsy too to join 3330-3369 already at Qsy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kumiko Oumae said:

So I guess the #33xxs are meant to replace the #79xx that were converted to COVID buses back in 2020.

This can be temporarily. Buses shuffle back and forth for times like these. 9220-9234 didn’t stay long at Arrow. 

Further 7900s could be retiring so more could be sent.

However, if McNicoll is to get more artics for the 39/939, they would need less of the 3300s. They can’t fill the entire Queensway without Arrow sending them 88xx/89xx if the new Novas are to arrive there.

On 12/10/2022 at 1:30 PM, Bus_Medic said:

Long term, the 3300s will be replacing all of Queensway’s orions.

That could make sense If 7900s are being retired first..

However, 7900-7979 are 80 buses in total while 3300-3369 is 70 in total.

So does this mean that the total number of fleets at Queensway could potentially be reduced?

1 hour ago, raptorjays said:

That could make sense If 7900s are being retired first..

However, 7900-7979 are 80 buses in total while 3300-3369 is 70 in total.

So does this mean that the total number of fleets at Queensway could potentially be reduced?

21 7900s have already been removed from the picture, so, assuming that the LFSes are supposed to be replacing them at a 1:1 rate and all of the arriving LFSes are intended to replace a currently active Orion (i.e. not one that was retired plural years ago), there would be a net gain of units.

There are 156 Orions currently indicated on our wiki as being active at Queensway, so they would need to bring some more stuff in to be able to fully pension off all the remaining ones. I assume this is where the rumoured movement of the 8100s down Queensway way would come into the picture.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ed T. said:

8100/8200 at Queensway would be great. I hope they all have "handed me down from Wilson Division" stickers prominently posted.

That’s outrageous can you explain what makes this great? How does a batch of handmedowns north of 10 years old moving to a booming and growing part of the city benefit the citizens of South Etobicoke / West Toronto? So disrespectful and disgusting that tax dollars are going towards this crap I’ve had enough of this utter nonsense and second class treatment and I have to deal with it again for at least another generation by the look of things. Shut down Queensway or make the necessary renovations to the division so it can handle new deliveries once and for all. 

• Haha 8
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Genius101 said:

That’s outrageous can you explain what makes this great? How does a batch of handmedowns north of 10 years old moving to a booming and growing part of the city benefit the citizens of South Etobicoke / West Toronto? So disrespectful and disgusting that tax dollars are going towards this crap I’ve had enough of this utter nonsense and second class treatment and I have to deal with it again for at least another generation by the look of things. Shut down Queensway or make the necessary renovations to the division so it can handle new deliveries once and for all. 

I think they're nice buses. I always hope to catch one when I'm taking 501L. By all means bring them to Queensway!

(8300s don't quite do it, though.)

ETA: but I'm no genius, I guess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genius101 said:

You know what's outrageous? It's the fact that you can't be satisfied with whatever buses your end of the city uses on their bus routes. I've never seen someone complain so much over a damn bus! There's so many other concerning things going on at the moment across the city that citizens are worrying about. And yet here you are going on and on and on and on, over what buses you want your end of the city should receive. As long as a bus carries you from point A to point B, and you get there safely, that's the expectation of riders that use transit to get to places across the city that don't drive. Do you think that they care about a hand-me-down? Yes hybrid and battery electric buses are nice to ride on, however, if a transit bus division cannot accommodate them, then why would they place them there? If you don't like the buses that Queensway receives, why don't you complain to the TTC and see what they say about it. Because you bantering about a bus, is getting pretty outrageous at this point because you already know the situation with Queensway, and you can't be satisfied with what they get until things change. A new bus division/subway yard is supposed to be built in Etobicoke in the future, but until then, Queensway will receive diesel buses only for the time being. Everyone is allowed to have their own opinion, of course! I just think that this is not a big concern for the vast majority of transit riders. It doesn't need to take a genius to figure out that this isn't something to be worrying about right now.

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Genius101 said:

Pissing you off isn’t enough? 

• Like 2