TTC NovaBus LFS Movement List

On 1/26/2022 at 6:20 PM, Shemar said:

Considering that the TTC is only ordering hybrids and soon only electrics going forward, handmedown diesels is all Queensway will ever get. Same goes for Birchmount too due to the height restrictions inside those two divisions.

What's wrong in wanting fair treatment?

On 1/26/2022 at 5:28 PM, Young said:

Oh lord here we go again just shut up about hand me downs I pray to god and hope Queensway keeps getting hand me downs

Wanting equality isn't a sin.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kewl said:

Your point would have some weight to it if the vehicles you're upset about were inaccessible or lacked air-conditioning.

They don't, so it doesn't. There is nothing about paying $3.25 that entitles the transit rider to the newest equipment that the transit agency has to offer.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, kewl said:

Wanting equality isn't a sin.

He’s talking about hand me downs and old buses like it’s a crime look at 35 Jane the route went from the newest buses on the route to 2006 Orions the oldest buses of the TTC on it but you don’t hear me or anyone else complain every other week about it 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 7:47 PM, kewl said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting fair treatment. But what if that division can't accommodate the new buses that are being ordered? Why would it be "fair" to give a division hybrids for example, and they can't even fit inside the division repair maintenance bays or even the bus storage area? That's not being unfair at all. It's just making sure that the new buses get placed at divisions that can accommodate them, and current buses that get shuffled around between divisions from time to time, as none of the bus divisions are built the same and were built at different times, and currently because of the height restrictions inside Queensway and Birchmount, they are not able to accommodate hybrid electric buses or battery electric buses. And most people that ride on public transit don't really care what bus they get to ride on. The most important thing is for public transit to take passengers from point A to point B, the type of bus shouldn't matter. Full stop.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Genius101 said:

Amen finally somebody understands my side of this discussion 

I have a solution to you. Move to another part of the city or buy your own car. 

There is no way any transit agency or company to replace all their assets at once on this wide scale. You can't expect everything to be new or replace Queensway with new buildings with no cash around. 

You should be satisfied that there are working buses from Queensway. Look at Scarborough and those wonky old SRT trains that can't operated in snowstorms. They should be complaining more about those almost 40 year old trains that can breakdown randomly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Shemar said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting fair treatment. But what if that division can't accommodate the new buses that are being ordered? Why would it be "fair" to give a division hybrids for example, and they can't even fit inside the division repair maintenance bays or even the bus storage area? That's not being unfair at all. It's just making sure that the new buses get placed at divisions that can accommodate them, and current buses that get shuffled around between divisions from time to time, as none of the bus divisions are built the same and were built at different times, and currently because of the height restrictions inside Queensway and Birchmount, they are not able to accommodate hybrid electric buses or battery electric buses. And most people that ride on public transit don't really care what bus they get to ride on. The most important thing is for public transit to take passengers from point A to point B, the type of bus shouldn't matter. Full stop.

I actually disagree on your last point about the type of bus not mattering because it does and we should have good public transit from the start.  If a vehicle is not best suited for a certain route than that can cost money. Type of vehicle is almost as important as having the vehicles themselves or as the saying goes quality over quantity and it applies both ways too with newer not meaning of better quality. Overall I think I understand the situation a bit better now.

1 hour ago, kewl said:

I actually disagree on your last point about the type of bus not mattering because it does and we should have good public transit from the start.  If a vehicle is not best suited for a certain route than that can cost money. Type of vehicle is almost as important as having the vehicles themselves or as the saying goes quality over quantity and it applies both ways too with newer not meaning of better quality. Overall I think I understand the situation a bit better now.

(I try not to get involved in unnecessary, and useless debates like this, but I couldn't stay silent on this recent piece....)

So which vehicle is not best suited in Queensway?  As far as I know, the Orion buses at Queensway are doing their job fairly well, far better than the NG Hybrids at Mt. Dennis, and Malvern.  As far as the TTC is concerned, they have a mandate to provide transportation to the people of Toronto no matter the situation (as pointed out by @Shemar, and stated by the TTC themselves in the recent February 10, 2022 board meeting).  The buses at Queensway are doing just that!  When a bus becomes unreliable, it is removed.

As for "vehicle not best suited for a certain route," the TTC recently addressed this on a few Queensway routes.  Weren't there a few routes that got converted to Nova LFS only due to noise complaints?  Yes, I'm a little surprised they actually acted on those complaints, but it just goes to show that they will act on a matter when resources are available.  The bigger issue they need to address is the lack of service across the network and replacing older, unreliable infrastructure (such as the SRT as @Xtrazsteve noted, or signals that the TTC is working to replace, albeit slowly).  The buses at Queensway are fairly reliable, and whining about not getting new buses in the west end is the least of their concern.

Speaking of Nova LFS, didn't Queensway also recently receive newer buses from McNicoll, with some pretty nice amenities you can't find as easily at other divisions?  I'm talking about USB ports, LCD screens, heck even quieter door operation (electric vs. hydraulics) among other things I may have missed.  These aren't as easy to find, or can't be found at other divisions like Eglinton, Mt. Dennis, Wilson, and Birchmount.

Yes, it would be nice if the entire city had flashy new buses, but that's not the reality we live in.  People in the City of Toronto have far greater issues of concern than riding on an old reliable bus.  If old reliable buses at Queensway seriously bother you to the point that you must complain this way, consider moving to an area that has flashy new buses, or take a damn Uber find another mode of transportation.

If you wish to discuss this further, which hopefully you won't, please take it to another thread as this doesn't concern NovaBus movement sightings anymore.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, TTC7447 said:

(I try not to get involved in unnecessary, and useless debates like this, but I couldn't stay silent on this recent piece....)

So which vehicle is not best suited in Queensway?  As far as I know, the Orion buses at Queensway are doing their job fairly well, far better than the NG Hybrids at Mt. Dennis, and Malvern.  As far as the TTC is concerned, they have a mandate to provide transportation to the people of Toronto no matter the situation (as pointed out by @Shemar, and stated by the TTC themselves in the recent February 10, 2022 board meeting).  The buses at Queensway are doing just that!  When a bus becomes unreliable, it is removed.

As for "vehicle not best suited for a certain route," the TTC recently addressed this on a few Queensway routes.  Weren't there a few routes that got converted to Nova LFS only due to noise complaints?  Yes, I'm a little surprised they actually acted on those complaints, but it just goes to show that they will act on a matter when resources are available.  The bigger issue they need to address is the lack of service across the network and replacing older, unreliable infrastructure (such as the SRT as @Xtrazsteve noted, or signals that the TTC is working to replace, albeit slowly).  The buses at Queensway are fairly reliable, and whining about not getting new buses in the west end is the least of their concern.

Speaking of Nova LFS, didn't Queensway also recently receive newer buses from McNicoll, with some pretty nice amenities you can't find as easily at other divisions?  I'm talking about USB ports, LCD screens, heck even quieter door operation (electric vs. hydraulics) among other things I may have missed.  These aren't as easy to find, or can't be found at other divisions like Eglinton, Mt. Dennis, Wilson, and Birchmount.

Yes, it would be nice if the entire city had flashy new buses, but that's not the reality we live in.  People in the City of Toronto have far greater issues of concern than riding on an old reliable bus.  If old reliable buses at Queensway seriously bother you to the point that you must complain this way, consider moving to an area that has flashy new buses, or take a damn Uber find another mode of transportation.

If you wish to discuss this further, which hopefully you won't, please take it to another thread as this doesn't concern NovaBus movement sightings anymore.

I was thinking the 927 would be better suited at Queensway since hybrids do better at inter city travel then highway travel. I was mainly arguing quality over quantity, not necessarily newer = better. For example all of the electric buses doing worse than the lfs hybrids, or as you mentioned the ng hybrids doing worse than the og's, that Jane is in some desperate need of some artics or in my opinion some of the lfs's doing worse than the 7's or not as good as they should be for the time. (it would be more obvious once they get as old as the 7's are atm & they have almost 10+ year advantage over them.) 

• Confused 1

On 2/7/2022 at 8:47 PM, Shemar said:

That unit just left MtD and is most likely heading back to McNicoll

Could be for maintenance or more artics for MtD. The only other route out of MtD that would be getting artics would be the 935 but that probably won't happen until the new artics arrive.

I wouldn't complain if they managed to get a couple on there now. Maybe the transfers are to allow extras for in case they need to replace a run on 29 or 41. We'd hear if they were adjusting runs on 935 from a report or something. 

3 hours ago, kewl said:

I was thinking the 927 would be better suited at Queensway since hybrids do better at inter city travel then highway travel and I was mainly arguing quality over quantity and not necessarily newer = better. E.x all of the electric buses doing worse than the lfs hybrids or as you mentioned the ng hybrids doing worse than the og's or that Jane is in some desperate need of some artics or in my opinion some of the lfs's doing worse than the 7's or not as good as they should be for the time. (it would be more obvious once they get as old as the 7's are atm & they have almost 10+ year advantage over them.) 

I have no idea what you typed!

Ever heard of a run-on sentence and capitalization or you're too young to start that class?

• Haha 1

"I was thinking the 927 would be better suited at Queensway since hybrids do better at inter city travel then highway travel and I was mainly arguing quality over quantity and not necessarily newer = better. E.x all of the electric buses doing worse than the lfs hybrids or as you mentioned the ng hybrids doing worse than the og's or that Jane is in some desperate need of some artics or in my opinion some of the lfs's doing worse than the 7's or not as good as they should be for the time. (it would be more obvious once they get as old as the 7's are atm & they have almost 10+ year advantage over them.) "

Who are you and why should we believe anything you say?

• Confused 4

4 minutes ago, wheelindealin said:

"I was thinking the 927 would be better suited at Queensway since hybrids do better at inter city travel then highway travel and I was mainly arguing quality over quantity and not necessarily newer = better. E.x all of the electric buses doing worse than the lfs hybrids or as you mentioned the ng hybrids doing worse than the og's or that Jane is in some desperate need of some artics or in my opinion some of the lfs's doing worse than the 7's or not as good as they should be for the time. (it would be more obvious once they get as old as the 7's are atm & they have almost 10+ year advantage over them.) "

Who are you and why should we believe anything you say?

What does your question have to do with anything? I was replying to a guy that misunderstood my point. 

1 hour ago, Orion V said:

I have no idea what you typed!

Ever heard of a run-on sentence and capitalization or you're too young to start that class?

I edited it. I thought it was good enough for people to understand my point. I really don't get what's so confusing about what I typed?

22 hours ago, kewl said:

What does your question have to do with anything? I was replying to a guy that misunderstood my point. 

I edited it. I thought it was good enough for people to understand my point. I really don't get what's so confusing about what I typed?

The only thing that is confusing is why you still are trying to justify points which are unrelated to this thread!

This thread is for current Novabus movements, not for describing your fantasy division rosters!

The only "guy" here that is misunderstood is you... oh wait, my bad, we can't forget about the original, Genius101! LOL ?

21 hours ago, MRD10 said:

The only thing that is confusing is why you still are trying to justify points which are unrelated to this thread!

This thread is for current Novabus movements, not for describing your fantasy division rosters!

The only "guy" here that is misunderstood is you... oh wait, my bad, we can't forget about the original, Genius101! LOL ?

It actually started of as an on topic question about the lfs movements that got answered but I felt I couldn't stay silent on @Shemar's last point of quantity over quality which I rebutted with quality over quantity that might have gotten lost in the examples and contributed to the reply chain. I frankly feel disgusted that people like you throw distasteful insults when I'm trying to have a civil discussion. I wasn't really describing my "fantasy division rosters" at all that was a suggestion for 1 route which is forgetting the fact that that wasn't even my main point of it which was quality over quantity.  That happened due to the controversial reply chain & partially because people applied @Genius101's context to my argument even though I moved past it. 

20220217_170155.thumb.jpg.260f70ecac551234623b8d8beaed2a2e.jpgMcNicoll Nova (3225) spotted on the 60c.

I don't even know why you guys have these "pointless" conversations here. 

The more efficient way for change is a complain to the TTC directly, complain to your city councilor or go sign up for a guest speaker and make a presentation to the TTC board when they discuss about buying future buses. 

If you leave the posts alone, the discussion will stop. It's only chained when you keep quoting each other and tagging other people.

• Like 1