TTC NovaBus LFS Movement List

32 minutes ago, MCIBUS said:

Question?

Does the TTC store all there buses inside garages(all divisions)?

Or

Do they also have outside storage?

All garages have outdoor storage. The only one I'm not sure of is McNicoll as I have never seen any photos of it.

32 minutes ago, MCIBUS said:

Question?

Does the TTC store all there buses inside garages(all divisions)?

Or

Do they also have outside storage?

Malvern, McNicoll, Mt Dennis, Queensway and Wilson are the divisions where majority of the fleet is stored inside.

Arrow Rd, Birchmount and especially Eglinton store buses outside. The buses outside at all other divisions are normally service holds for various reasons

14 hours ago, Shemar said:

269 40ft and 68 60ft hybrids are being ordered for a total of 337 buses. If nova wins the order, then most of the order will most likely go to Malvern and the NG hybrids get pushed out to Mount Dennis. For the hybrid artics, Malvern would most likely get some of them and also Mount Dennis. The OG ISLs are suppose to begin retiring too so there would most likely be another division that would receive the new hybrids as well so that nova diesels can move to Queensway.

I can see McN getting some HEVs and sending more of their 31-33’s to Qsy to keep them all together. Or a shuffle sending new HEVs to Arrow, the 88/89s to Bmt and more 92s to McN to replace some 33s

1 hour ago, Ed T. said:

I'm looking forward to 8100s and 8300s coming to Queensway.

That’s a dream that will last likely happen. The 8300s are pretty much gonna be a staple to Wilson like the 9400s were. This time, it’s due to the roof mounted HVAC

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 1:32 AM, Shemar said:

269 40ft and 68 60ft hybrids are being ordered for a total of 337 buses. If nova wins the order, then most of the order will most likely go to Malvern and the NG hybrids get pushed out to Mount Dennis. For the hybrid artics, Malvern would most likely get some of them and also Mount Dennis. The OG ISLs are suppose to begin retiring too so there would most likely be another division that would receive the new hybrids as well so that nova diesels can move to Queensway.

Why would Malvern need more artics if they only have 1 artic route meanwhile Mount Dennis has Dufferin,Keele,Jane and eventually the 927 that would use artics

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Genius101 said:

The airport express should be using artics which means Queensway should get a portion of the new deliveries. 

Um no. This was 30 years ago, if you lived under a rock. Arrow and Mount Dennis are close proximity and Queensway previously had articulated hoists before Arrow Road opened meaning route 37 ISLINGTON used Orion-Ikarus artics. 

Why are you obsessed with new buses at Queensway Genius? Do you have a specific reason? That division took in some 80xx VIIs in late 2007 from Wilson when the D40LFs began refurbishment and later booted out to kill the D40s and '91 Vs once the new hybrids came in to Wilson. Even Birchmount took in the portions of the 78xx order but many were delivered to New Eglinton in 2005. Queensway also took in a dozen D700s, D800s, some D901s and D40s when they were new.

If you want to specify new artics for the 900, move it to Arrow or Mount Dennis if they come with luggage racks pre-equipped. But they are not happening because the platform at Kipling has no articulated bays except the 45.

53 minutes ago, Kobayashi said:

Um no. This was 30 years ago, if you lived under a rock. Arrow and Mount Dennis are close proximity and Queensway previously had articulated hoists before Arrow Road opened meaning route 37 ISLINGTON used Orion-Ikarus artics. 

Why are you obsessed with new buses at Queensway Genius? Do you have a specific reason? That division took in some 80xx VIIs in late 2007 from Wilson when the D40LFs began refurbishment and later booted out to kill the D40s and '91 Vs once the new hybrids came in to Wilson. Even Birchmount took in the portions of the 78xx order but many were delivered to New Eglinton in 2005. Queensway also took in a dozen D700s, D800s, some D901s and D40s when they were new.

What does the history of Queensway division have to do with the fact that someone demanding brand new buses to replace their already fully air-conditioned, accessible buses is ridiculous?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Young said:

Why would Malvern need more artics if they only have 1 artic route meanwhile Mount Dennis has Dufferin,Keele,Jane and eventually the 927 that would use artics

The 927 will get the artics that will be reallocated from the 36. Keele shouldn't have artics to begin with as it messes up the headways on the route so removing them from that route would free them up to be reallocated elsewhere. Jane could definitely use artics but they should make the 935 all artic and then some of the 35 runs could also be artic. Artics can be useful in the east end too. Markham and Finch are too examples. Even Lawrence East since that route is always crowded especially the 54A branch.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shemar said:

The 927 will get the artics that will be reallocated from the 36. Keele shouldn't have artics to begin with as it messes up the headways on the route so removing them from that route would free them up to be reallocated elsewhere. Jane could definitely use artics but they should make the 935 all artic and then some of the 35 runs could also be artic. Artics can be useful in the east end too. Markham and Finch are too examples. Even Lawrence East since that route is always crowded especially the 54A branch.

My biggest concern with keele not having artics is the buses getting too crowded to even board with the bus has to skip stops. I've seen this happen before and with the merging of York Memo and George Harvey I'm worried that this will only happen more frequently in the future.

On 1/9/2022 at 1:32 AM, Shemar said:

I doubt the NG Hybrids would survive this as they too are in a stage of passive retirement, only going as long as they can with basic maintenance. Nova is likely to win the contract as keeping all buses of the same make keeps maintenance and training simple and cheap. 

18 hours ago, kewl said:

My biggest concern with keele not having artics is the buses getting too crowded to even board with the bus has to skip stops. I've seen this happen before and with the merging of York Memo and George Harvey I'm worried that this will only happen more frequently in the future.

It's a regular occurrence on Jane and Jane has much higher ridership. Then again, they can give Artic's to 941 like they had before the workforce shortage.

On 1/10/2022 at 3:46 PM, Genius101 said:

The airport express should be using artics which means Queensway should get a portion of the new deliveries. 

Bruh I don't get why you're still complaining LMAO. "You're" finally getting new buses! 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 11:55 PM, kewl said:

The decision was to remove artics from the 41 after years of complain. Artics lead to very wide schedules as artics aren't 1:1 replacement with standard buses. Late evening period was reduced from 15 to 20 minute headways. Theoretically the capacity of the line remains the same so there shouldn't be unexpected increase of crowding. The only problem is it'll take 2 buses instead of one artic to carry the same load. TTC should run some school trips to help with those situations. As for York Memo, I'm not sure when they'll reopen that school.

Personally I think the should have split the 41 at Eglinton when the Crosstown opens and run the 168 Symington to Keelesdale instead of Mt Dennis Station. Those on the 41 wishing to reach line 2 could take another 41 south, 941 or the 168. I think it'll be more reliable this way.

They should never gave 41 artics but TTC only had a small batch left for MtD (9135-9152) after so amateur planning that artics can replace standard buses at 1:1 ratio for travel times. They quickly realize wider schedules meant the buses couldn't keep up with heavier on/offloading leading to longer dwelling times at every stop. At the time, the media release stated that the 6 Bay (now 19 Bay) and 63 Ossington would receive artics. Obviously there wasn't enough buses to go around but that wasn't the main reason. For Bay, the artics would completely block streets like Queen, Richmond and Adelaide making them impossible to operate in rush hour mix traffic. For Ossington, I heard they had trouble in Liberty Village where those all way stops intersection could cause a deadlock where nobody could turn when it got busy. So TTC looked for a backup route and found the 41.

8 hours ago, lifty4ever said:

It's a regular occurrence on Jane and Jane has much higher ridership. Then again, they can give Artic's to 941 like they had before the workforce shortage.

I really don't see why they won't give Jane artics after they get a new batch and if they do implement the RapidTO bus lanes. Arrow's batch of artics would come off the 36 and reallocated once the Finch West LRT opens. Certainly they can go to Jane or the 927. Not sure if they would stay at Arrow. Maybe they can keep them and the 927. MtD can get a new batch. 

The east end batch can go to the 939 Finch Express. That would mean McNicoll not Malvern could get them??? Or they'll just reallocate the routes again. 68 new artics could be all allocated between 35/935 Jane and 939 Finch Express with the 36 Finch going to 927. The 960 Steeles West Express could use them but I'm not sure they'll have any left.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

I really don't see why they won't give Jane artics after they get a new batch and if they do implement the RapidTO bus lanes. Arrow's batch of artics would come off the 36 and reallocated once the Finch West LRT opens. Certainly they can go to Jane or the 927. Not sure if they would stay at Arrow. Maybe they can keep them and the 927. MtD can get a new batch. 

The east end batch can go to the 939 Finch Express. That would mean McNicoll not Malvern could get them??? Or they'll just reallocate the routes again. 68 new artics could be all allocated between 35/935 Jane and 939 Finch Express with the 36 Finch going to 927. The 960 Steeles West Express could use them but I'm not sure they'll have any left.

Based on the proposed McNicoll route assignments during the master, the following routes are still waiting for artic conversion: 927, 935, 939 and 960. Things to keep in mind, 960 was only between the Finch and Pioneer Village at the time. Also, with Line 3 closing if 939 is to be converted it will need more artics than anticipated along with 134C/913 and 985. Line 6 opening will free up 35 artics in addition to the 68 new artics. That's gives them 103 to cover these four routes. If you want to free up more you can grab the 14 from Keele.

• Like 3

Don't forget that back in Fall 2021, with service improvements to the Keele corridor, the artic assignments were switched so that the 941 express was the artic route, and the 41 local was full 40' but was brought into the 10 minute network. This arrangement should please both parties (those wanting more frequent service and those wanting more capacity).

This didn't last long as the November 2021 service cuts basically reverted the entire system to August 2021 schedules, meaning the artics went back on 41. But it isn't the long-term plan to keep artics on the local branch, I hope...

• Like 1

Let's hope in 2025 and beyond TTC procures the replacement at the minimal of 153 artics as the oldest artics currently will be at 12 years old by 2025 which is the normal artic retirement age.

As of now there's no document stating what they'll buy after that 300 electric bus order (of which should be all 40ft).

8 minutes ago, Articulated said:

Don't forget that back in Fall 2021, with service improvements to the Keele corridor, the artic assignments were switched so that the 941 express was the artic route, and the 41 local was full 40' but was brought into the 10 minute network. This arrangement should please both parties (those wanting more frequent service and those wanting more capacity).

This didn't last long as the November 2021 service cuts basically reverted the entire system to August 2021 schedules, meaning the artics went back on 41. But it isn't the long-term plan to keep artics on the local branch, I hope...

The 41 was never part of the 10 minute network and still wasn't even with that change. It just brought headways down from 20 min to 16 min at weekdays late evening. TTC should have improved capacity by keeping similar headways on the 941 but instead they widen it.

On 1/12/2022 at 12:51 PM, wil9402 said:

Based on the proposed McNicoll route assignments during the master, the following routes are still waiting for artic conversion: 927, 935, 939 and 960. Things to keep in mind, 960 was only between the Finch and Pioneer Village at the time. Also, with Line 3 closing if 939 is to be converted it will need more artics than anticipated along with 134C/913 and 985. Line 6 opening will free up 35 artics in addition to the 68 new artics. That's gives them 103 to cover these four routes. If you want to free up more you can grab the 14 from Keele.

Man, Jane can't get Artics fast enough. It has been needing them for years. I just hope the schedules aren't fudged just because of the conversion. Maybe lose a couple runs but don't cut the service too much trying to compensate for the different bus type. Keep service frequent so as to not cause overcrowding

2 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

29 Dufferin needs to be revised to widen the headway between buses. There are too many buses too often that don’t even run full. But I can’t change squat because it’s above my pay grade

I know Arrow operators, and to a lesser extent Wilson, will be relieved next week when 29 gets booted to the parking lot at Wilson Station. Maneuvering through the Upper Level while 5-6 artics layover is not the most enjoyable thing I assume.