TTC NovaBus LFS Movement List

1 hour ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Whatever strange reason 8863 visited McNicoll earlier. Now at Birchmount. Maybe it was a shuttle?

Most likely

3221, 3231, 3248, 3251, 3254 & 3287 have all just left Arrow and are en route to McNicoll via Hwy 400, Hwy 401 & Kennedy 

9101, 9102 & 9103 are at McNicoll

I noticed today a 33xx bus from McNicoll with the same drivers window set up as the 34xx hybrids where there is no "A" pillar triangle window and black body part instead of window between driver and passenger compartment. All the buses from McNicoll were built in 2018 but when did nova change this window set up? I know probably wrong thread but I didn't see anywhere else to post it about novas 

1 hour ago, Tunnelrat said:

I noticed today a 33xx bus from McNicoll with the same drivers window set up as the 34xx hybrids where there is no "A" pillar triangle window and black body part instead of window between driver and passenger compartment. All the buses from McNicoll were built in 2018 but when did nova change this window set up? I know probably wrong thread but I didn't see anywhere else to post it about novas 

TTC opted to change the drivers window setup from 3330 and up. Only 3400 has the “A” pillar, then every unit afterwards has the new style drivers window

2 hours ago, ttcgeek said:

No it isn't. Stop staring at the tracker all day.

It was at McNicoll, probably for maintenance, and then went back to Malvern. But buses showing up at other divisions for maintenance or training purposes aren't movements as we all should know by now, and doesn't need to be reported. Plus, we all know that McNicoll doesn't have any hybrids so there ya go.

6 hours ago, Shemar said:

It was at McNicoll, probably for maintenance, and then went back to Malvern. But buses showing up at other divisions for maintenance or training purposes aren't movements as we all should know by now, and doesn't need to be reported. Plus, we all know that McNicoll doesn't have any hybrids so there ya go.

I think before the opening, it was I read somewhere that McNicoll Garage would serve as a more advanced repair facility for the TTC's eastern fleet so they don't have to be brought to the west end all the time.

I wonder if they will be able to do rebuilds?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 1:23 PM, Young said:

I assume this is for the 927 to become an artic route or could I be wrong

The 927 probably won't become an artic route until the hybrid artics arrive as I heard MtD and Malvern will get them. By then, I think the 35/935 will also become an artic route. Plus MtD should have close to 100 artics if Malvern's diesel artic's move to MtD. For Malvern, other than the 985, I think the extra artics will most likely be used on the 134C/913 rush hour branch.

If this scenario is practical, then it would be artics replacing the NG HEVs at MtD, diesels from either Arrow or Eglinton or nova hybrids from Malvern get sent to Wilson to replace their NG HEVs, and then the new hybrids replacing the NG HEVs at Malvern. There will most likely be surplus buses from the hybrid order then maybe another division like maybe Eglinton could possibly get some hybrids as well.

But then again, this is the TTC we're talking about so we'll see what happens. I did hear that nova will most likely be awarded the hybrid order, and for the electric order, it will most likely go to new flyer and BYD. Although, I think that nova and new flyer should be the ones supplying the electric order.

Edited by Shemar
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Shemar said:

The 927 probably won't become an artic route until the hybrid artics arrive as I heard MtD and Malvern will get them. By then, I think the 35/935 will also become an artic route. Plus MtD should have close to 100 artics if Malvern's diesel artic's move to MtD. I'm totally against this one but the 41/941 probably might become an artic route once again even though they are losing their artics next board. For Malvern, other than the 985, I think the extra artics will most likely be used on the 134C/913 rush hour branch.

If this scenario is practical, then it would be artics replacing the NG HEVs at MtD, diesels from either Arrow or Eglinton or nova hybrids from Malvern get sent to Wilson to replace their NG HEVs, and then the new hybrids replacing the NG HEVs at Malvern. There will most likely be surplus buses from the hybrid order then maybe another division like maybe Eglinton could possibly get some hybrids as well.

But then again, this is the TTC we're talking about so we'll see what happens. I did hear that nova will most likely be awarded the hybrid order, and for the electric order, it will most likely go to new flyer and BYD. Although, I think that nova and new flyer should be the ones supplying the electric order.

When are the hybrid artics supposed to be arriving 2022 or 2023?