TTC NovaBus LFS Movement List

Since the movements to McNicoll appear to have stopped, I guess it's safe to assume that the buses allocated to it now are going to be the ones that the garage starts operating with?  If the wiki is correct,148 buses seems kind of not a lot, but it does have fewer routes at least for now.

15 minutes ago, MK78 said:

Since the movements to McNicoll appear to have stopped, I guess it's safe to assume that the buses allocated to it now are going to be the ones that the garage starts operating with?  If the wiki is correct,148 buses seems kind of not a lot, but it does have fewer routes at least for now.

The movements should be resuming this week

The reason for the lack of movement could also be attributed to the past week being observed as March Break week. Many employees booked vacation over that week which could have resulted in a slightly smaller work force.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MK78 said:

1 hour ago, Shemar said:

The movements should be resuming this week

57 minutes ago, bus_7246 said:

The reason for the lack of movement could also be attributed to the past week being observed as March Break week. Many employees booked vacation over that week which could have resulted in a slightly smaller work force.

My understanding is that the bus movements were typically done by the RAD drivers, who have mostly been occupied this past week (and for the two weekends before that) with subway shuttles, hence why movements have slowed down recently. There are no subway shuttles scheduled for next weekend, so I would expect that once the University line reopens on Thursday, we will see a flurry of final movements happening on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday before full service is required for Monday morning.

EDIT: Given that McNicoll currently only has about 150 buses stored there (there should be up to 250), there will definitely need to be more movements happening.

The system is also likely close to a tipping point where storing more buses would be detrimental to service quality, especially since the newest (and most reliable) diesel buses are the ones being assigned to McNicoll. Can't just pull one eighth of the buses off the road for over a month and expect things to function normally, even during COVID times (service has been restored somewhat close to regular levels, at least on weekdays).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MK78 said:

There’s a whole whack of malvern artics yet to go, and NG hybrids moving east to replace them.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Young said:

I wonder why arrow is getting more Artics I thought they were gonna lose them because of the Finch West LRT construction 

The 36 is keeping their artics but some of Arrow's 910x are supposed to move to McNicoll so I'm not sure why the high 913x are moving to Arrow