TTC NovaBus LFS Movement List

34 minutes ago, Articulated said:

Most divisions have been moving their buses roughly in numerical order. Considering Malvern started at 3495, my best guess is that 3495-3569 will move to Arrow, and the first 95 units will stay at Malvern.

Ok that makes sense and there is also a rumour about some of Eglinton novas moving to Arrow Rd not sure if it’s true tho

7 minutes ago, Young said:

Ok that makes sense and there is also a rumour about some of Eglinton novas moving to Arrow Rd not sure if it’s true tho

It is true. The nova hybrids moving to Arrow won't be enough to replace the diesel novas moving to McNicoll so that is why some of Eglinton's buses will be moving to Arrow.

Why is Eglinton sending any buses to Arrow at all? Wouldn't it make more sense to just send the Eglinton Novas to McNicoll directly, and then the balance is provided by Arrow sending theirs over? I know that they're basically identical buses but I can't quite fathom the logic of these movements.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

No.

This is why they have ZERO Orions in the division leaving McNicoll solely Nova (any maybe New Flyer if they win any orders) despite Malvern had in the past and MD has currently maintains both 1100s and 1200s. All Orions have been cleaned out of Birchmount and Comstock in favor of the LFS.

4 hours ago, Articulated said:

Most divisions have been moving their buses roughly in numerical order. Considering Malvern started at 3495, my best guess is that 3495-3569 will move to Arrow, and the first 95 units will stay at Malvern.

Can’t they take any MD or Wilson Orion VII Hybrid buses to balance it out at Malvern? It is the last division in Scarborough to hold Orion VIIs after the 8100s forced to leave Birchmount, 1100s left Malvern and all #7400-#7881 series retired too.

3 hours ago, Young said:

Oh well. No 3100s for Queensway then.

3 hours ago, Shemar said:

It is true. The nova hybrids moving to Arrow won't be enough to replace the diesel novas moving to McNicoll so that is why some of Eglinton's buses will be moving to Arrow.

I doubt it.

1 hour ago, PCC Guy said:

Why is Eglinton sending any buses to Arrow at all? Wouldn't it make more sense to just send the Eglinton Novas to McNicoll directly, and then the balance is provided by Arrow sending theirs over? I know that they're basically identical buses but I can't quite fathom the logic of these movements.

8720s and 3100s are the same except for the cameras, seating and USB ports.

They could send back Birchmount  or Queensway 84/8500s to Arrow but won’t simply work out. Not even 2006 Orion VII diesels at McNicoll won’t make the budge at McNicoll because they don’t have any Orion parts there and approaching it’s end of service life. 

Question is why did McNicoll did go with Nova products instead of the Orion line? I know the parts are quickly getting expensive after Orion ceased operations years ago but the LFS are the likely the easiest buses to maintain.

1 hour ago, PCC Guy said:

The TTC wants to keep fleets together that's why McNicoll is only getting buses from the 3100 fleet and the artics. Moving Eglinton buses to McNicoll would be make more sense but I do think that their logic doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

26 minutes ago, Eren Jaeger said:

Question is why did McNicoll did go with Nova products instead of the Orion line? I know the parts are quickly getting expensive after Orion ceased operations years ago but the LFS are the likely the easiest buses to maintain.

McNicoll doesn't decide what buses they get, its the fleet department that decided to give McNicoll LFS and LFSAs. It will be easier on the mechanics stationed there maintenance wise.

• Like 1