TTC NovaBus LFS Movement List

44 minutes ago, Ultimate said:

8939 is at Mount Dennis with 8937.

8939 I saw was tracking with 8670 yesterday around 10, I have a feeling 8670 was training at the time because shortly after it was tracking heading northwest on Black Creek Drive/Highway 400

Also 8938 is at McNicoll
8936 is at Malvern

2 hours ago, Ultimate said:

8939 is at Mount Dennis with 8937.

I believe MtD is also carrying out the preventive maintenance program that is also being done at Duncan, Malvern, and McNicoll. The 89s are being worked on right now so if you see an 89xx at one of the locations on the tracker, then it is for that reason and doesn't need to be reported on here since they are not movements.

15 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Do we need to start a new thread called "Temporary bus movements" a.k.a. Bus Garage visits?

Or just don't freakin report these. The folks that track these, obviously know the difference if it's an actual change in division assignment, because usually its more one or two buses that move, usually batches.

It's posting for the sake of posting.

In the rebuild threads its fine to report buses that have been transported for the purpose of being rebuilt. But they don't change the assignment.

3 hours ago, Shemar said:

3175 3176 3177 are at McNicoll. This is most likely the first set of movements prior to McNicoll's opening.

Anymore coming in? @Bus_Medic @bus_7246 @leylandvictory2 @FlyerD901

I doubt they are there for repairs, training or storage. 

As for the Orion diesel and hybrid buses on Finch, Steeles, McCowan, York Mills (115/122), Cummer/McNicoll, Van Horne & Leslie, get your pictures while it lasts. Those will no longer be serviced on those routes after March (sadly at least).

52 minutes ago, Young said:

This may be a weird question but is Mount Dennis getting any Nova Hybrids or Diesels when they start shuffling buses around?

The more interesting question: Is the Orion VII Hybrids going to end up on the 927 if MtD does end up with that route. I don't think it would justify running artics on that route on weekends.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

The more interesting question: Is the Orion VII Hybrids going to end up on the 927 if MtD does end up with that route. I don't think it would justify running artics on that route on weekends.

That’s why I’m thinking send a few Nova Hybrids for 927 service. This like when Arrow got 79xx’s for the 191 when the DD50’s left for Birchmount and Eglinton

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TTC Guy said:

That’s why I’m thinking send a few Nova Hybrids for 927 service. This like when Arrow got 79xx’s for the 191 when the DD50’s left for Birchmount and Eglinton

The VII OG & NG hybrids are horrible on the highway. We’re lucky to get over 80 km/h in an OG alone. Also, the VII hybrids have an overspeed alarm that can and will cause a bus to breakdown on the highway

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Shemar said:

There isn't enough artics for the 927 to have artic service on that route. The 927 will probably be an artic route once the new hybrid artics arrive.

I guess Arrow will lose the entire fleet of artics due to the construction on Finch.

18 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

6 hours ago, TTC Guy said:

5 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

The VII OG & NG hybrids are horrible on the highway. We’re lucky to get over 80 km/h in an OG alone. Also, the VII hybrids have an overspeed alarm that can and will cause a bus to breakdown on the highway

From the standpoint, Mount Dennis would get Arrow’s 36xx or Malvern 34/35xx like about 50-60 each. LFS HEVs would perform well on the 427.

Speaking of Malvern, I would assume they would keep 20 Artics and 50-60 LFS HEVs. Around 10xx-12xx and 25 15/16xx might migrate over from Mount Dennis to Malvern to replace both the LFSA and LFS HEVs.

No options for Birchmount, Queensway, Comstock, or Wilson just yet. I don’t know if McNicoll would receive any Orion VIIs of any type but I would not assume they’ll take in the 79xxs (both revenue and non-revenue, ie the Event Support buses) but they have one fishbowl and TTC1. It’s not possible to have McNicoll solely an LFS garage like Birchmount currently is. They have not returned any Orion VII NG diesel buses since they went to Wilson for VISION installation only to be replaced by Arrow’s older LFS fleet. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Well, they can always try the Proterras out on the highway. Joking aside, I wouldn't be surprised if Mt Dennis gets some 40ft Novas, either diesel or hybrid, because of 927. That is of course if it does in fact move to Mt Dennis. 

2 hours ago, Shemar said:

There isn't enough artics for the 927 to have artic service on that route. The 927 will probably be an artic route once the new hybrid artics arrive.

I've done rough calculations a few months ago and it is possible to convert both 935 and 927 to artics. They would be able to do this by removing them from 36 and 41. Removing them from 36 wouldn't be surprising with the LRT construction going on. Also, residents on Keele have complained in the past that service levels have dropped since artics were introduced and I believe the TTC has hinted at removing artics from the route to run more frequent service with 40fts. The TTC does seem to be shifting their artics onto express routes only, which is more efficient.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wil9402 said:

Well, they can always try the Proterras out on the highway. Joking aside, I wouldn't be surprised if Mt Dennis gets some 40ft Novas, either diesel or hybrid, because of 927. That is of course if it does in fact move to Mt Dennis. 

The Proterra BE40s would be very inefficient on the highway due to the mass battery drain if the bus survived a full round trip. The range drops when I run the e-bus in using Lake Shore Blvd (60km/h zone)

2 hours ago, wil9402 said:

I've done rough calculations a few months ago and it is possible to convert both 935 and 927 to artics. They would be able to do this by removing them from 36 and 41. Removing them from 36 wouldn't be surprising with the LRT construction going on. Also, residents on Keele have complained in the past that service levels have dropped since artics were introduced and I believe the TTC has hinted at removing artics from the route to run more frequent service with 40fts. The TTC does seem to be shifting their artics onto express routes only, which is more efficient.

If planning were to see how buses are populated nowadays, they would see that the local service needs the artics over the express services. Prime example: the 41 gets pretty busy in the evening rush, while the 941 barely carries a load close to similar in comparison. Though the 35/935 is a separate case altogether, not all Express services benefit from having articulated buses on them

• Like 1