TTC NovaBus LFS Movement List

On 9/12/2019 at 7:47 AM, Shemar said:

Expect more "hand me down" movements soon. It looks like a few of Queensway 86xx units are at Hillcrest so I think the 84xx have been going to Queensway to replace them. Maybe the 86xx at Queensway will reunite with the rest of the 8510-8617 batch at Birchmount???

On 9/1/2019 at 8:51 PM, raptorjays said:

So this means 84xx Novas won't be a replacement of 79xx and 80xx Orion Vll, right?

This can change next year once McNicoll is ready for operation. I can see the 8400s and 8500s migrating to Queensway in theory while the 7900s may potentially be candidates for movement to McNicoll (including the four remaining 7900s at Birchmount for Police use) along with 20-30 LFS Artics for use on the 939 and 953.

I wonder if Birchmount may able to take some of the 8900s from New Eglinton just to keep the fleet capacity in check due to them over being 318 buses?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Shemar said:

With all of these LFS HEV's at Arrow, they will most likely push out some of the LFS units to Birchmount, then maybe Wilson can get some novas so that some of Wilson's NG HEVs move to Malvern in order for the 15xx-18xx to continue to be replaced as they retire.

I wonder if they could send some Nova HEVs to MtD for comparison with the Proterras.

• Like 5

On 11/6/2019 at 6:19 PM, Shemar said:

With all of these LFS HEV's at Arrow, they will most likely push out some of the LFS units to Birchmount, then maybe Wilson can get some novas so that some of Wilson's NG HEVs move to Malvern in order for the 15xx-18xx to continue to be replaced as they retire.

On 11/7/2019 at 1:41 PM, Shemar said:

They could send MtD 25 LFS HEV units and then the 25 15xx-16xx NG HEVs at MtD can go to Malvern.

This can change next year when McNicoll is getting some LFS HEVs from Malvern and Arrow along with some Malvern Orion VII NG hybrids. 

Speaking of McNicoll, has vehicle training just started yet?