TTC NovaBus LFS Movement List

9 hours ago, Genius101 said:

Hopefully we get to see some new buses in South Etobicoke. 

I hope Queensway never gets new buses. I hope it always gets hand me down novas. I hope you continue to be not satisfied by the hand me down novas and the old Orion’s which are doing their job and are getting people from point A to B (and so that I can keep riding those OG Orions).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shemar said:

Based on the movements this weekend, that sounds about right. The 8620s will probably be the replacements for the 79xx-80xx when it is time for them to retire. Once all the third batch nova hybrids are delivered, commissioned, and put into service, then the 31xx and some of the 32xx can go to Birchmount, the 84xx can go to Wilson, and the rest of Wilson's 12xx-13xx NG hybrids can go to Malvern and Mount Dennis to retire the rest of the 15xx-18xx NG hybrids.

Shouldn't the third batch of Novas be delivered to Queensway once the 79xxs and 80xxs retire? 

1 hour ago, Genius101 said:

Shouldn't the third batch of Novas be delivered to Queensway once the 79xxs and 80xxs retire? 

Once again, the height restrictions of Queensway Garage prohibits the delivery of over height vehicles (if that’s a term) due to the fact that the facility doesn’t allow for the roof of y’all vehicle to enter or exit the building without issue. Same goes for Birchmount not receiving hybrids or the battery electric buses

• Like 1

With the way the recent fleet planners have things layed out, Birchmount is fairly tactile given that they have almost all the types (excluding one batch) of diesel LFSes. Parts should not ever fall scarce if they keep the materials and procurement inventory up to date

8 hours ago, Genius101 said:

My goodness ???

Expect more "hand me down" movements soon. It looks like a few of Queensway 86xx units are at Hillcrest so I think the 84xx have been going to Queensway to replace them. Maybe the 86xx at Queensway will reunite with the rest of the 8510-8617 batch at Birchmount???

1 minute ago, Xtrazsteve said:

I wonder if these movements have something to do with the coolant leak issue they keep mentioning in the CEO report.

That's probably what it is. Looks like they send about 7-8 buses at a time to Hillcrest. I've been tracking the 8510-8617 fleet and the 85s go to Hillcrest and a week later they go back to Birchmount and more units get sent down.

10 hours ago, Genius101 said:

My goodness ???

What is your fixation with these buses? These things are four years old. They work, they run, and they're not any more or less hygienic than any other vehicle in the fleet that's been in service for more than 3 days. The average passenger likely has no idea that they're on a Nova that's four years old, instead of one that was delivered a few weeks ago.

Do you also get upset when one of the early Flexities shows up to a stop instead of the recent deliveries?

• Thanks 3

9 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

What is your fixation with these buses? These things are four years old. They work, they run, and they're not any more or less hygienic than any other vehicle in the fleet that's been in service for more than 3 days. The average passenger likely has no idea that they're on a Nova that's four years old, instead of one that was delivered a few weeks ago.

Do you also get upset when one of the early Flexities shows up to a stop instead of the recent deliveries?

These buses should've been delivered to Queensway brand new during their procurement in 2015/16. 

I'm starting to get kind of annoyed with these "Queensway should have gotten new LFSs instead of 84-86xx" comments. They're still relatively new.

Genius101 already complained a long time ago, so what will more complaining do? If you have an issue with Queensway not getting new buses, fine, but please don't keep bringing it up here for it doesn't really add anything constructive.

• Like 2