TTC NovaBus LFS Movement List

39 minutes ago, TTC 7300 series said:

I had 8637 one day on the 11 my home route

I meant 111 oopsies

8637 was never at queensway, so that was an eglinton bus you saw on 111.

17 minutes ago, TTC 7300 series said:

When did they start painting the new livery on them factory cause I saw 8617 on the 111 yesterday and that made me think

8620 was the first nova to be delivered with the new livery.

Also, this isnt the right place to talk about the electric buses. There is a thread for those in the main greater toronto area section. 

5 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

There was a time 8608-8617 were temporarily at Eglinton. It wasn't till this year old livery Novas made it back to the east end. New livery Novas were rare in the west end till the 3100's arrival at Arrow. They are a common sighting at Kipling now.

Yeah I remember they were sent to Eglinton from June-September due to the S50 VII retirements and the increased shuttles that Eglinton would be operating in the next board period.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

8604 is not being used to train ops on the bus according to a couple of operators in the Toronto Transit FB group. It's being used for AODA training.

Ok, Interesting thanks for telling me

But why is it there?

14 hours ago, TTC Guy said:

Ok, Interesting thanks for telling me

But why is it there?

AODA training is how to properly load and secure passengers using mobility devices. They still use the bus as a classroom, it just doesn’t go anywhere.

8 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

AODA training is how to properly load and secure passengers using mobility devices. They still use the bus as a classroom, it just doesn’t go anywhere.

Interesting you mention that, I've never once seen a bus operator secure any mobility device with the restraints. It happens rarely, but sometimes they don't even get out of the seat but holler to the passengers to lift the seat up, and that goes back to when the Orion VII's first came out  in the east end here.

Myself if I'm in the lower section I always lift up the seat if I see a person with a mobility chair is about to board, same if I'm getting on the bus, I will tell the person on the mobility device that I will board first and lift up the seat. Operators appreciate that as well.

1 hour ago, MK78 said:

Interesting you mention that, I've never once seen a bus operator secure any mobility device with the restraints. It happens rarely, but sometimes they don't even get out of the seat but holler to the passengers to lift the seat up, and that goes back to when the Orion VII's first came out  in the east end here.

Myself if I'm in the lower section I always lift up the seat if I see a person with a mobility chair is about to board, same if I'm getting on the bus, I will tell the person on the mobility device that I will board first and lift up the seat. Operators appreciate that as well.

I think it’s largely up to the passenger’s discretion wether they wish to be strapped in or not...I do know that the operator is obligated, should they request it.

To that end, there’s a certain infamous passenger simply known as “Lily” that immensely enjoys making life miserable for operators...boarding, insisting on being secured with ALL available equipment, only to request and alight at the very next stop. Anything less than flawless textbook execution of the procedure results in a customer service complaint from her. She’s known systemwide. She views her hyper vigilance as making the system better for others using mobility devices I guess....holding the TTC’s “feet to the fire” as it were. Sucks for the other 45 people now delayed 10 minutes for one wheelchair only travelling 800 metres.

Instructors mention her as an example of a possible worst case scenario in classroom sessions. Perhaps Leylandvictory2 can chime in, as I don’t particularly know the traffic side policy all that well.

My purview begins and ends with all the hooks and retractors being free and functioning as intended.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, 7575 said:

8600, 8602 and 8603 have arrived at Birchmount Garage. 

2 hours ago, Shemar said:

#8600, #8602, #8603 @ Birchmount garage.

Both are reported. You guys can't duplicate posts all at once.

Arw>Bir: #8601

•  

1 minute ago, BYD said:

Both are reported. You guys can't duplicate posts all at once.

Arw>Bir: #8601

How about you leave the admining to the admins please?

In fairness to @7575, @Shemar's original post listed those 3 units as "being transferred to Birchmount"; he later edited his post to say they were at Birchmount. I'll give the benefit of the doubt to 7575 that he made his post before Shemar edited his.

And as for the unit *you* posted, 8601 was reported as at Birchmount by @Ultimate 3 hours before you made your post.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Articulated said:

How about you leave the admining to the admins please?

In fairness to @7575, @Shemar's original post listed those 3 units as "being transferred to Birchmount"; he later edited his post to say they were at Birchmount. I'll give the benefit of the doubt to 7575 that he made his post before Shemar edited his.

And as for the unit *you* posted, 8601 was reported as at Birchmount by @Ultimate 3 hours before you made your post.

Yes. @Shemar said they were en route. I confirmed they arrived before he edited his post. In no way, shape or form did I mean to duplicate, I was just confirming. Thanks to @Articulated for giving me the benefit of the dobut.

Just now, 7575 said:

Yes. @Shemar said they were en route. I confirmed they arrived before he edited his post. In no way, shape or form did I mean to duplicate, I was just confirming. Thanks to @Articulated for giving me the benefit of the dobut.

Sorry about that. When I edited my post, there was no post underneath mine so I didn't see your post until after.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

I think it’s largely up to the passenger’s discretion wether they wish to be strapped in or not...I do know that the operator is obligated, should they request it.

To that end, there’s a certain infamous passenger simply known as “Lily” that immensely enjoys making life miserable for operators...boarding, insisting on being secured with ALL available equipment, only to request and alight at the very next stop. Anything less than flawless textbook execution of the procedure results in a customer service complaint from her. She’s known systemwide. She views her hyper vigilance as making the system better for others using mobility devices I guess....holding the TTC’s “feet to the fire” as it were. Sucks for the other 45 people now delayed 10 minutes for one wheelchair only travelling 800 metres.

Instructors mention her as an example of a possible worst case scenario in classroom sessions. Perhaps Leylandvictory2 can chime in, as I don’t particularly know the traffic side policy all that well.

My purview begins and ends with all the hooks and retractors being free and functioning as intended

When a passenger in the mobility device boards you ask them if they would like to be secured. Most like 99.9% don't so you wait for them to park and apply brakes and you're good to go. If they do want to be secured then you obviously secure them. If they are riding Wheel Trans they always get secured.

I've been told there is a passenger that does this. I've never seen them personally.