Sign in to follow this  
Big CJ

Greyhound Buses

A number of things that still need to be added. For starters, I've begun adding the Eagles that were sold to the Greyhound. I have the production list still. which has serial numbers for those buses, as well as the year and who originally owned them before being sold to Greyhound.

Here is the list and you might need to scroll like half way down to to see the ones sold to Greyhound. They have a lot more where that came from.

EAGLE+PRODUCTION+LIST.pdf

Greyhound also bought TDM-5303s in the early 60s as well. Greyhound also controlled contracts for Samtrans' buses. I wonder if we should add those to the Greyhound roster?

The contracted transit buses as I've understood were operated by Greyhound drivers. These included the Neoplan AN460s, Flyer D901s, and the 1984 Gillig Phantoms.

Greyhound also contracted buses from Miami Dade in 1989. They used 40 GMC RTS buses from Miami (1220-1259), to compete with the transit agency over who could run the service the best.

They also had three GMC T7H-603 built in 1979, which were powered with 8v71s with V730s. Those buses were numbered P41-P43. One of the routes these RTS ran on was route 29 for MDT.

The service with Greyhound lasted until 1990, when Greyhound pulled out. 1220-1259 were returned to Miami in poor condition, but I'm not sure what happened to those T7H-603s.