Refurbished SD160 Tracking list

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not directly a refurb post but however some of the Series 8s now have new software to accommodate the refurbished SD160s

Currently cars 2329, 2315 and car 2325 are running the new software. 

Best series 8 consist I’ve ever driven. Quick acceleration quick breaking very responsive. These cars have come along way! 

image.jpg

• Like 4
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, SidneyTransitfan said:

Rode on 2212 with a 4-car train made up of entirely refurbs - 2212, 2204, 2207 and 2219 on August 31st.

Looked through the last three pages and saw no mention of 2219 though I think it is listed as refurbished on the wiki.

Oh really? Huh. 2219 was one of the first three back

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen 3 refurb consists on the Red Line just this past Thursday before one of them took down the catenary at University Station IB 

They’re still pretty glitchy. One of the consists was having door issues. 

Another one is on top of a hoist at Anderson forgot to get the unit number.

Key 1 is a refurb and is out today  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Here’s another ready to go out. Not sure on the unit number though. We must be getting close to getting all these fives out and redone. They definitely still needs some tweaking especially with the station stops too much braking causes rough stops. 

I also noticed in the shop a series 8 being worked on to accommodate the refurbs. It was one of the cars that had the new software installed that I drove about a month ago. It had a paper on the windshield saying not to use in revenue service. 

So it’s definitely not a simple couple up and go there’s a lot of modifications being done to all series SD 160s

It’s almost been five years since the first car went out to Sacramento and 3 years since we got our first one back (correct me if I’m wrong) I believe the turnaround for a refurb to come back has dropped significantly I think close to four months has been the quickest one to turnaround.  But I’ve been told when they come back they’re not working and most of the commissioning if not all of the commissioning in is done in Calgary by Siemens.

E4A60D14-4AFD-455D-843C-851B92DA214D.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Pantograf said:

That's 2228 and all 5's are done, only 2214 has yet to return.

That’s what I thought. So is 2228 the second series 6 to get done?

Series 5:

2201-2215 all done

Series 6:

2216-2232

2228 Prepped and ready to go out.

(I know there’s at least one series 6 that has been done but don’t remember) 

One of the training officers told me one day that car 2216 was very similar to the series fives. Does anybody know what that could be or if it’s even true?

Series 7

2233-2272

None to date 

Maybe we can pin the status of cars that are going out and coming back so we don’t have to search through the thread. If anyone’s game for doing that and has the patience go for it... I know I can’t lol