LRT

Refurbished SD160 Tracking list

I’ve heard it’s due to complaints about a lack of priority seating in the middle section 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/5/2020 at 10:28 PM, vicinity said:

I’ve heard it’s due to complaints about a lack of priority seating in the middle section 

Or maybe the fact that anyone laying against/sitting on the red seats, basically go flying if they're not secure & theres any rapid acceleration/deceleration... 

The 2300s, they're plastic too, but the seats are at least designed, that theres buffer room in between someone elses personal space. Along with being able to put my feet on the floor & keep myself from moving. 2400s? Not so much.

If they don't want cushioned seats in their vehicles, fine - but keeping people from sliding or falling right off their seats, especially in an emergency or in a case of rapid acceleration/deceleration - isn't that supposed to be a safety feature of LRV's & vehicles in general?

Not sure if this was out today or just stored outside. 

it’s a mixed refurb 5 with 8s

2333 2210 2314 2202

64F01FC6-0046-42DD-B192-876D4A53B8B0.jpeg

• Like 2

Big educated guess here... looks like they maybe getting closer running these things with the 8s. 

“My observations” are telling me that they have been testing the signage and passenger emergency systems with some success. Signage between the cars seem to be working and passenger alarm testing seems to be between the mixed consist seem to be making some head way. 

But again what do I know. LOL

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I saw 2205 as a tail leave Somerset didn't catch the other two. The same consist was out for non rush hour service last night. I saw it around 7pm. 

Also as a side note. Is it just me or are the refurbs regenerative circuitry more noisy? The classic around 600hz buzz seems very loud on these units. Maybe the crapstic seats are reflecting the sound better. 

1 hour ago, vicinity said:

2210 was out on the red line yesterday by itself 

And today!

D77A0490-C9CF-4540-A40E-3F63D75427F1.jpeg

• Like 2

On 3/6/2020 at 9:53 AM, Pantograf said:

Yup, behind a "tow truck"... car 2254.

20200306_095123.jpg

So is that the one sitting at the Pad now? 

It hard to imagine that will be its last voyage with its original "guts" 

2 hours ago, nsCEO said:

So is that the one sitting at the Pad now? 

It hard to imagine that will be its last voyage with its original "guts" 

Yes, it is. Just waiting for CP to get over there and pick it up.

Just now, chills_on_the_train said:

In testing, or with passengers aboard?

I would imagine non-revenue

Noticed the refurbs have no wall heaters along the floors through the intire car. They must have been removed during there refurb process... Wow!

• Like 2

Just curious but what's the cctv system like on those cars? Is it one monitor for everything or one for each side? 

38 minutes ago, Andrei said:

Just curious but what's the cctv system like on those cars? Is it one monitor for everything or one for each side? 

Same system as the S200s. You can view every camera in the consist 

As of yesterday, a 3-car mixed consist entered revenue service on the Red line - one refurb sandwiched between two S8s.

• Like 5

On 3/29/2020 at 6:17 AM, Pantograf said:

As of yesterday, a 3-car mixed consist entered revenue service on the Red line - one refurb sandwiched between two S8s.

Best possible time to do it really - any service issues will cause pretty minimal disruption!

• Like 5