Jump to content
LRT

Refurbished SD160 Tracking list

Recommended Posts

... except that it was just pulled from service at Chinook due to mechanical problems. Here it is limping back to Anderson.

66RSVNM.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, chills_on_the_train said:

Oh dear. Welp, I'll count myself lucky today then!

It most likely it may be back out this afternoon it could be a minor issue.

 

1 hour ago, GrandeWest_B35G said:

... except that it was just pulled from service at Chinook due to mechanical problems. Here it is limping back to Anderson.

You say it's limping back to Anderson? How so? Did it look like it was driving slow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LRT said:

It most likely it may be back out this afternoon it could be a minor issue.

 

You say it's limping back to Anderson? How so? Did it look like it was driving slow?

Well, it pulled in very slow (probably about 10km/h), but left quickly once everyone was off. The U2 about 5 minutes behind it had to keep stopping and waiting for it, and by the time we reached Heritage, it was only passing by Haysboro storage.

I have a video that I'll put up soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GrandeWest_B35G said:

Well, it pulled in very slow (probably about 10km/h), but left quickly once everyone was off. The U2 about 5 minutes behind it had to keep stopping and waiting for it, and by the time we reached Heritage, it was only passing by Haysboro storage.

I have a video that I'll put up soon

Hmmmm... could be anything. I know the reforms have been having some issues with doors. I would wager on door issues.

I'm sure we will have some more information about it later in the day about it.

Nevertheless keep an eye out on it this afternoon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, LRT said:

Hmmmm... could be anything. I know the reforms have been having some issues with doors. I would wager on door issues.

I'm sure we will have some more information about it later in the day about it.

Nevertheless keep an eye out on it this afternoon.

I noticed that the driver had to use a key to open the doors (for him to get back inside the train after getting everyone off of the train), and they did close on him when he left the first place (they opened and immediately closed). That doesn't account for the slow speed tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GrandeWest_B35G said:

What is the numberless car currently coupled to 2206 at Anderson?

2204.  Fleet number is visible on the front.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2019 at 9:29 AM, GrandeWest_B35G said:

... except that it was just pulled from service at Chinook due to mechanical problems. Here it is limping back to Anderson.

There was a breakdown of another train earlier in the morning that had created a back up of trains. Multiple red line trains were put out of service at and taken offline at Anderson North Interlocking to avoid trains backing up at Somerset Interlocking. Most of them that did this were offloaded at Southland but there were a couple of trains that offloaded at Chinook because they were on red lights already because of there trains directly in front of them.

 

No issues with this train at all yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gsgeek540 said:

There was a breakdown of another train earlier in the morning that had created a back up of trains. Multiple red line trains were put out of service at and taken offline at Anderson North Interlocking to avoid trains backing up at Somerset Interlocking. Most of them that did this were offloaded at Southland but there were a couple of trains that offloaded at Chinook because they were on red lights already because of there trains directly in front of them.

 

No issues with this train at all yesterday.

Did the same thing happen to 2002's consist? It offloaded at Heritage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrandeWest_B35G said:

Did the same thing happen to 2002's consist? It offloaded at Heritage

1 offloaded at Heritage and went offline to Haysboro, switching ends at the motormans platform.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2019 at 10:07 AM, LRT said:

One unidentified refurb car is due to come back to Anderson from Haysboro spur sometime this morning.

That was car 2202.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Pantograf said:

That was car 2202.

That was quick!

When did that go out to get refurbed I could have sworn that was out earlier this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2019 at 10:02 AM, LRT said:

That was quick!

When did that go out to get refurbed I could have sworn that was out earlier this year.

According to the records, the turnaround time for car 2202 was about 320 days. It was shipped south in May 2018 and came back in June of this year so the turnaround time doesn't include the travel time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rode 2207 on the Red Line from Brentwood to 8th Street West.  Noticed that the announcments on the train were very funky.  Some stations, the DONG DONG, played but no station announcement was said, sometimes the announcement would play but the announcement was cut off in the middle of the sentence and other times I heard nothing at all.  8th Street West was the only station the full announcement played, but noticed it didn't say "Doors normally open on the right/left" like the rest of the SD160s and S200s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TechSpotlight said:

Rode 2207 on the Red Line from Brentwood to 8th Street West.  Noticed that the announcments on the train were very funky.  Some stations, the DONG DONG, played but no station announcement was said, sometimes the announcement would play but the announcement was cut off in the middle of the sentence and other times I heard nothing at all.  8th Street West was the only station the full announcement played, but noticed it didn't say "Doors normally open on the right/left" like the rest of the SD160s and S200s.

Strange things are afoot on the refurbs
I've seen 1 set downtown, and once I get on one I'll report back here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...