LRT

Refurbished SD160 Tracking list

Sounded like training was out with cars 2205-2219-2207 on a training / orientation run with service lane personal!

Unknown SD160 was being unloaded at the pad at around 1700hrs Friday night

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chills_on_the_train said:

Already missing panels! Now that's efficiency.

Haha! No need to fall off! "pre fell"

So if I'm understanding this correctly, we should shortly start seeing the following consists in service:

U2

Series 5/6/7 Pre-Refurb

Series 5/6/7 Post-Refurb

Series 8

Series 9

And none of the promised Post-Refurb/Series 8 combinations that were one of the initial goals of the program, is that right?

"Shortly" is a flexible term when it has to do with Siemens equipment but yes, the goal right now is to get the 3 refurbs into service ASAP and then we'll work on the compatibility issues with the 8's.

14 minutes ago, CTrainDude said:

And from what I’ve seen and heard of the refurbished cars, the issues with running them with the 8s aren’t insurmountable.  

And makes me wonder how San Diego got there S70s and SD100S to run together. I've actually ridden an SD100 and S70 (newer generation) mixed consist and seemed to run really well!

16 minutes ago, LRT said:

And makes me wonder how San Diego got there S70s and SD100S to run together. I've actually ridden an SD100 and S70 (newer generation) mixed consist and seemed to run really well!

I'd imagine trial and error and "duct-tape" type fixes

7 hours ago, LRT said:

It's really easy to do if the cars are spec'd from the outset to be able to be compatible with each other.

And even if they're not - look at the MBTA example - it can still be done.

Dan