Refurbished SD160 Tracking list

LRT

19 minutes ago, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

Well then... Hopefully successful!  Can't wait to see them in service!

From what I heard they've got a lot of bugs and they're still working on them. It's going to be awhile before we see them in service I think.

From what I understand they don't even have seats yet

1 hour ago, Pantograf said:

Unlike the previous two cars, 2205 came with complete interior.  I wouldn't say that "comfort " was high on the designer's list.

20180621_092339.jpg

That's a nightmare for anyone who wants to sit down. I don't understand how other cities can have solutions for modular, easy to clean seats, that are not solid badly shaped plastic, but Calgary can't. 

But, I suppose, I've been wondering how this was going to turn out for years, since they first sent these away for refurbishment, and now at least I know. 

That seems to be similar to #2333 shape wise, which personally I don’t find overly terrible on the back (as long as I don’t slide all around on it). I would say the side facing seats on the S200’s are much worse with their short backs. As far as the refurbs go, I would have expected a design more similar to the transverse seating on the S200’s which I never had any issues with and in fact found quite comfortable. It’s unfortunate that wasn’t the case.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DarkKeyo said:

That's a nightmare for anyone who wants to sit down. I don't understand how other cities can have solutions for modular, easy to clean seats, that are not solid badly shaped plastic, but Calgary can't. 

Have you seen the seats on San Francisco MUNI's newest buses?  How about the seats in Edmonton Transit's new 2018 Xcelsiors?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

Have you seen the seats on San Francisco MUNI's newest buses?  How about the seats in Edmonton Transit's new 2018 Xcelsiors?

And what is it that when the buses first arrive the seats always face the floor??? I was on 7003 in Edmonton and this was the case, and I remember when 1846-1880 first showed up they were like that

3 hours ago, Nick B said:

That seems to be similar to #2333 shape wise, which personally I don’t find overly terrible on the back (as long as I don’t slide all around on it). I would say the side facing seats on the S200’s are much worse with their short backs. As far as the refurbs go, I would have expected a design more similar to the transverse seating on the S200’s which I never had any issues with and in fact found quite comfortable. It’s unfortunate that wasn’t the case.

Agreed. They seem to have taller backs than the S200s and are forward- or backward-facing. This still makes them better than most other options IMO.

I wonder if the plastic seats mean there's more legroom now? At 6'4" I just barely fit into the existing 160s, though they are my favorite.

15 minutes ago, Innuendo said:

Thanks, but I meant the white circular thing above it? 

Oh that thing I'm surprised it's still located on the same spot. It's a transponder of some sort. Got to do with mileage I think and maintenance..

• Thanks 1

Based on the images, the legroom doesn’t look any different than before, especially given there is still 6 rows. Either way, I’m sure it’s not as bad as the rear section of some of our older D40LF’s...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nick B said:

Based on the images, the legroom doesn’t look any different than before, especially given there is still 6 rows. Either way, I’m sure it’s not as bad as the rear section of some of our older D40LF’s...

If there is less padding on the seats that might give a net improvement to legroom though. Kind of like how WestJet has slimline seats on their 737s that give me a much needed and very welcome boost to knee space.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

I haven't seen them, but somehow it doesn't help to know there's more of it. 

5 hours ago, chills_on_the_train said:

If there is less padding on the seats that might give a net improvement to legroom though. Kind of like how WestJet has slimline seats on their 737s that give me a much needed and very welcome boost to knee space.

With the series 8's, my problem was that the side seating was too narrow for most of the people trying to sit, so it was shoulder room rather than leg room. With the series 9's, the side seating sort of had the same problem, but was also short on the back and curved at the lower back, so when going home from work after standing all day, I would hurt whether I was sitting or standing. I've been lucky that since moving, when visiting, I've mostly been on Series 5-7's (or older), but I find it odd that my commute can be more comfortable here in a place where I rarely get a seat.

Thank you all for the updates, I'm glad to be kept in the loop 

• 1 month later...