Refurbished SD160 Tracking list

LRT

3 hours ago, Chinese Daniel said:

Now we have 6 car gone?

@LRT, Do you think Siemens Delay will be make Calgary Transit Short C-TRAIN CAR, because 6 of tham going to over haul?

Originally it was said that transit would delay the retirement of some of the U2 cars to accommodate the series 5-6 refurbishment.

To be honest a few weeks back we did have some equipment shortages, Transit scaled back a bunch of 4 car consists and became three car consists to to avoid cutting keys making up for the shortfall... we even seen a four car U2 on the blue line because of that... I think we can blame the series 9s on that one.... there was quite a bit of series 9 cars out of commission due to issues.. and the backlog of series 9s sitting in Alyth because Transit didn't want them until Siemens can figure out what was going on with the current ones Transit had.

Anyway... I made a list of cars and date of departure that have been sent to California... there's one car in the list that I can't remember the car number..

2207 January 2016

2219 November 2016

2205 May 2017

22?? July/August 2017

2204 September 2017

2213 December 2017

• Like 1

Could it be the same one that was loaded the other day? I can't see another one going out that quickly.

Did we receive another series 9?

I'm on the blue line this week so I'm unable to post and spot!

There was a rumor in the summer that one of the refurbs was supposed to come back in December or January but was unable to meet that date due to delays at Siemens... So who knows!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LRT said:

Could it be the same one that was loaded the other day? I can't see another one going out that quickly.

Did we receive another series 9?

I'm on the blue line this week so I'm unable to post and spot!

There was a rumor in the summer that one of the refurbs was supposed to come back in December or January but was unable to meet that date due to delays at Siemens... So who knows!

We did get another series 9 a few days ago, and the flatbed was there for a few days... I dont recall it was there yesterday. That or it was too dark.

2434 was received on flat car GBRX9221 and 2213 left on the same car.

So if there's a SD160 sitting on the spur can we confirm the flat car?

If we can...let's start posting the flat car numbers on the SD160s departures so that way there's less confusion.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Jon Calon said:

Anyone have any idea when 2207 will come back?  It's been two years now!

Jon

Rumor has it maybe next month! It was suppsed to come back in December... then pushed back to January.. now the word is February

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, they've been sanded down and primered.. series 5s and 6s have all been done.... now it's Series 7s turn. They'll also receive the roof cowling.

Apparently the city has received funding to have the series 7s sent to California and modernized in the future.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, CanadianTransitTycoon said:

Gonna say moved to March or April now? It sure is taking its sweet time, so the refurb must be good.

Not sure. It's anybody's guess now!

I've seen the new dashboard of a SD160 refurb and it looks like a hybrid of a series 8 and 9 dashboard. Some of the operator buttons are not in the best positions either... They even recycled the buttons from the original dashboard.. I'll tell you right now the passenger seats are going to suck. Bad. That's all I know about the refurbs.

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, LRT said:

Not sure. It's anybody's guess now!

I've seen the new dashboard of a SD160 refurb and it looks like a hybrid of a series 8 and 9 dashboard. Some of the operator buttons are not in the best positions either... They even recycled the buttons from the original dashboard.. I'll tell you right now the passenger seats are going to suck. Bad. That's all I know about the refurbs.

Im gonna take a guess and say plastic seats? Good guess?

Okay here's the latest and greatest on these things. The "head honcho" who takes care of the refurbs and series 9s is in California right now overseeing the process.

From what I hear two cars are ready to be shipped back home. If everything checks out they will be shipped out and should be here within the next few weeks.

Siemens wants more cars so they can begin the refurb process, however Transit is not shipping anymore out until we get more back.

Lets see what happens in the weeks to come.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, the first refurb is in transit on the way back here and the second one is being loaded up. The interior color scheme, infotainment screens and destination signs are the same as the 9's. Upon arrival, it is expected to take 6 to 8 weeks of engineering work to make them compatible with the 8's.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Pantograf said:

So, the first refurb is in transit on the way back here and the second one is being loaded up. The interior color scheme, infotainment screens and destination signs are the same as the 9's. Upon arrival, it is expected to take 6 to 8 weeks of engineering work to make them compatible with the 8's.

And then another two years to work the bugs out - something else they have in common with the Calgary 9s!  B)

10 minutes ago, CTrainDude said:

And then another two years to work the bugs out - something else they have in common with the Calgary 9s!  B)

?

I hope they hurry up we need cars bad I think there's a pretty good shortage right now.

10 hours ago, Pantograf said:

Now I'm stoked for it's arrival. I will definitely keep an eye out for its arrival. I wonder if it still carries the same exterior livery or a new one?

2 hours ago, CanadianTransitTycoon said:

Now I'm stoked for it's arrival. I will definitely keep an eye out for its arrival. I wonder if it still carries the same exterior livery or a new one?

I don't think they touched the paint. Just interior stuff and a new coupler.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, LRT said:

?

I hope they hurry up we need cars bad I think there's a pretty good shortage right now.

I know they likely won't have enough cars for a bit, but I'm hoping they'll start by running the refurbs together if possible - the Series 8s are finally in a good place and pretty stable, it would be a shame to ruin an 8 consist with a buggy refurb.