Refurbished SD160 Tracking list

LRT

Sounds like 2207 will be loaded up on Monday morning after the rush hour. CP will remove prior to 2402s arrival later in the week.

So sounds like there's using the flat car that 2401 came in on. 2207 will be gone for 6 months by the sounds of it.

Really? By truck. Wow I thought it would of left by rail. Too bad I didn't get a chance to see 2207 get loaded. Next shipment may not be for another 6 months as 2207 will be the test vehicle.

It did leave by rail, didn't it?

Even though you thought 2402 had arrived. I saved you from your earlier post too!

Yeah, I was going to post it in this thread after you let me know of my mistake, but was cut short of time since I was in class. That's also why I wanted you to post it for me.

So there getting series 8 couplers not 9..... I did hear that the 5s and 6s had funding in place. The 7s are too new to qualify for funding I guess. Does anybody know if there's refurbishment funding from the feds on transit vehicles?

So there getting series 8 couplers not 9..... I did hear that the 5s and 6s had funding in place. The 7s are too new to qualify for funding I guess. Does anybody know if there's refurbishment funding from the feds on transit vehicles?

I don't think the Federal government has any specific funding that only goes towards vehicle purchases, or transit system upgrades, like the US does (I think). I think it's more so there are some generic funding that a city can use towards a wide variety of projects. As an example, MSI funding has been used for general projects in Edmonton, and then GreenTRIP has been used for certain transit projects that fit within the scope of that fund.

I do believe Edmonton's refurbed U-2's sport Government of Canada plates inside.

• 5 months later...
1 minute ago, CanadianTransitTycoon said:

Bumping!

So do we have any news on 2207? It has been about 5 months since it was shipped out. Will it be back this July?

Funny you should ask... I found out yesterday that It's still in California stripped down. They figure September - October minimum before it comes back. It's very possible that another may go out before it comes back. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking at the cab wall in that pic they completely removed the high voltage panel / wiring to the left of the picture. That's a massive undertaking. 

Looks like some massive changes to the operators cab. Rumor has it its to be center seated for the operator but plans changed due to cost

Here's a picture it comparison.

20161206_105504-2016x1134.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...