Sign in to follow this  
stm_5307N

RTL 1st Generation Novabus LFS Watch

St-Hubert there should still be an "agent de transport" giving out buses the old fashioned way. Sometimes on RTL website there is a job posting for this position when the regular lady goes on vacation.

couple_carriere_eng1.png

PS: they finally corrected "Joint our team!" !!!

9-913 on the 82 in PM rush; I drove 2-0011 in PM rush yesterday and it had a horrible seat. I couldn't find the sweet spot. Luckily for me, I was driving a tripper run and didn't have it for long.

Drove P9-923 in PM rush yesterday, which performs better than some 2002s (go figure)

Difficult to say as we drivers do not have access to the maintenance bays. However if we see something, we will post it here! Sadly we have had a string of collisions (including one total loss) that forced the return of an otherwise retired vehicle.

Yesterday drove C2-0006 in PM rush, today drove C9-926. Today's bus was the better unit! Better pick up.

is it 9-919 you're talking about?  

9-913 on Line 55 today AM  , 9-913 on Line 16 and 199 PM , C2-0002 -> Garage ,defectueux.  C2-0003 on 78 if I remember correctly (PM) P9-920 on line 185

P9-923 on ??  C9-922 on ??? ...

oh wait I understand what you said now ..and is it P9-817 or another one your talking about?

I don't know if P9-817 was brought back specifically because of 9-919's retirement as there have been a string of collisions relatively recently. This includes 2014 hybrids that have been sidelined for many months now. There is at least one 2002 out back of Longueuil Garage. It is difficult to say with certainty if it is retired what is at back of the garage, some is just short term parking.

On weekends they try to run 2009+ except for the Van Hools obviously. Weekdays theoretically anything 2000+ can run off peak. Very rare to see 99 or lower outside off peak.

1 hour ago, SMS said:

On weekends they try to run 2009+ except for the Van Hools obviously. Weekdays theoretically anything 2000+ can run off peak. Very rare to see 99 or lower outside off peak.

Out of curiosity do they still run a first gen on the 77 route? I rode a 1997 bus on that route during a weekday but it was over a year ago

its now accesible only 2012,2014,2016s run on this route

19 hours ago, SMS said:

On weekends they try to run 2009+ except for the Van Hools 

the van hools dont run too. its hybrids on the 90 and LFSA on the 45.

The old bus party is over on the 77 like Novabus2000 said. It should be 2012+ buses since it has been made an accessible route along with the 177 since the new board period started.

I understand that they try to run the artics on the 90 only at peak hours, I think it is terrible to have diminished capacity with the same headway. LFSA on the 45 is planned but not guaranteed. Trust me on that one!

OK back to the action

Yesterday I drove C2-0005 and 2-0009, both are excellent buses and even better than 2002s! (Specifically garbage like 2-0217 with weak turbo)

Yesterday in AM rush 9-913 was on the 14 and 9-817 was also active although the route escapes me. This bus just refuses to quit!

I drove C2-0002 in PM rush on Monday, I didn't like it compared to other 2000s that I drove last week.

12 hours ago, SMS said:

Yesterday in AM rush 9-913 was on the 14 and 9-817 was also active although the route escapes me. This bus just refuses to quit!

Who would have thought back in the day that these buses would have lasted so long!

You bet! But I think that this is RTL squeezing as much life out of their buses to give the best bang for the buck to the city and the taxpayers. The worst of the lot has been replaced by hybrids. There is no longer any fleet expansion here with our uncertain future and our garages have no more capacity. At this point, I do not believe that we are expecting further hybrid deliveries for 2016. If we cannot deliver on service for rush hour, we're cooked! The first gens strictly see tripper rush hour service and nowadays never see service outside of the peak. Compare this back to when I started in late 2011 and I would get a first gen (sometimes without a radio!) to close the service after 1 am. It never bothered me but look at how far we have come in five years.

This AM rush, P9-817 on the 54 (and subject to a complaint on Spotted RTL but let's not get into that)

Yesterday PM rush I drove P9-924, fair bus

This PM rush I drove C2-0004, and P9-817 pulled in behind me as I ran in

Drove C2-0004 again PM rush

On Friday morning I drove P9-928 on a shift exchange / switch for routes 59, 54, and 125!

Some sightings from this morning: 9-913 on the 8 and P9-924 on the 76

On Tuesday morning I drove 2-0010 with very fast rear doors which made for very efficient service

I drove P9924 in overtime this morning. Disappointing slow takeoff