RTL 1st Generation Novabus LFS Watch

stm_5307N

It's fair. It comes to the point where we would drive a first gen in preference over garbage like 2-0231 (so slow) or a hybrid which we can get 7 days a week. Retirements have slowed down if not stopped altogether - let's presume the next batch of hybrids to arrive can kill off more 9-900s.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! Drove P9-924 yesterday in PM rush. Murphy's law - 9-913 was the bus right in front of me. This is the only diesel in the fleet that I have yet to drive! 9-913 was also seen pulling into GALO after AM rush, unfortunately in the defect row, we will see if she will be fixed shortly.

Well guys I finally drove the elusive 9-913 yesterday in PM rush for the first time, which also happens to currently be the oldest active vehicle with the RTL. And when I was preparing my bus, P9-817 was seen driving around the garage. If it comes back, it will be the only "red balios" bus in service.

Apart from hybrids, I have now driven every diesel bus active and available to me in the fleet. It only took me five years lol

Great news guys! Yesterday I was doing overtime on route 31 and what do I see leaving TCV? None other than P9-817, which has been brought back from the dead! This morning as I also was on OT, I saw P9-817 on the 81. So this is currently the oldest vehicle operating at GALO and indeed the RTL as a whole, displacing 9-913.

Lots of first gens for us this week!

• Tuesday PM rush: I drove P9-924 on the 59
  • Wednesday PM rush: I drove C2-0004 on the 59
  • Thursday AM rush: I drove C2-0002 on the 59 in overtime (detect a trend anyone? Lol)
  • Thursday PM rush: tristan drove P9-817 on the 20 in overtime
  • Thursday PM rush: 9-913 on route 81

• 2 weeks later...

RTL first gen update. The summer board period has kicked in as of 27 June. Service levels are reduced across the board. With the lack of school extras, there is a surplus of vehicles at both garages. At my garage (Longueuil), it appears that they park three rows of older buses (27 buses) which range from the oldest first gens all the way to 2008s! However, the parked rows seem to rotate, in order to balance out the mileage. You should have no problems finding first gens this summer in short. Here are examples of what I have seen and driven in the past 48 hours:

• Yesterday I drove the 2nd oldest vehicle at RTL 9-913 on route 8 in AM rush. The surprising thing was that it was a relieved galo-mtro run. Meaning it went out all day! Very rare sighting!
  • Also yesterday P9-817 was in one of the active rows about to go out in service. I took a peek inside. Although its radio was removed, the registration is good until 31 March 2017.
  • Today I drove 2-0010 on the 80/82/2 in AM rush.

Happy hunting everybody!

• 2 weeks later...

The first gen Madness continues at RTL :P P9-817 on the 31 this morning, 9-913 on the 20 this morning, our two oldest vehicles! Yesterday P9-817 ran in at the same time as me after PM rush when I had 2-0011 which is overall a very good and comfortable bus.

• 2 weeks later...

On 10 August I drove P9-927 on the 77, soon to be a very rare sighting since next week it is going accessible. Only 2012+ models should be allocated to the route.

On Tuesday I drove 2-0012 on the 87/30 interline whereas I had P9-929 on the same run this morning. Yesterday C2-0001 was on the 170. The oldest buses P9-817 and 9-913 are still active... I had a big smile on my face when the latter was recently allocated to route 13!

• Like 1

Sure thing, there are a couple of drivers in fact that really like our job, even one fellow in the head office as well. We are not all mean people :P

P9-817 active this PM rush, the oldest still rolls! Not even RTC has 98s anymore, their oldest seems to be 99s now.

The 55 has sadly become quite inconsistent with its running time. The greatest factors being Old Montreal and the Bonaventure demolition. It is a far cry from when I loved signing it due to Classics. Now, I avoid it.

Anyway this morning P9-817 on the 88 and 9-919 on the 78! For some rare overtime this morning I had 21408 on the 8 and 28.