Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stm_5307N

RTL 1st Generation Novabus LFS Watch

156 posts in this topic

PM rush, drove C2-0003 today, as usual she rolls very well! :wub:

No shortage of first gens on the road in rush hour, trust me guys! As an example, routes 31, 33, 46, 55 (basically the TCV rush hour routes operated out of Garage Longueuil) all had at least one first gen out on the line.

PM rush

9-617 active, havent't seen it recently

I drove 9-905 and Tristan had 2-0010!

AM rush

Drove 2-0014, reminded me almost of the good old days when I used to drive 9-600s at GASH with that horrid jerky transmission. I think people were upset at me because they were not treated to their usual smooth ride :angry: :ph34r:

PM rush yesterday, drove P9-923 which sucked! Drove like a 9-600, lots of poor shifting on the ZF. This should retire!

AM rush

Drove 9-902, apart from less than stellar takeoff, a fairly decent bus and performs exceptionally well at highway speeds

9-624 still alive and about as well... can't remember what route tho

Yesterday PM rush I had the pleasure of driving C9-802 with the old PR sign programming. Very good, very fast bus! Let's just say that I didn't have problems staying on schedule.

Today, 9-617 active out of TCV

Yesterday PM rush drove P9-923 which is way better than C2-0210 which I hope shall burn down to the ground! :angry:

Today AM rush 9-617, the oldest bus in the fleet, on Express AMT Chevrier!!!

Yesterday, 9-617 still alive, 9-912 operating on a GASH route (which is funny because I operated it Monday PM rush for GALO), and I drove C2-0005 in AM rush!

Thanksgiving Monday

Took out P9-812 and 2-0015 as charter buses for smallspy and friends!

I saw a handful of buses today, among them was 9-912 on Route 674 at Panama, 9-617 going by my bus on the Champlain Bridge (dont have the route number) and P9-812 on Route 9 at Longueuil Metro

Spotted only 3 buses today during afternoon rush hour at Panama, the buses were 9-912 and C9-908 deadheading to Centre-Ville and C9-922 on Route 30, I did see another 1st gen on Tashereau but I couldn't see what route it was

9-617 active all week... this morning, a buddy was driving it on the 49... a couple days ago it was on the 674 school special

I drove 9-905 this morning. Decent bus but there are better (faster) buses in this series.

A few more recent retirements 9-711, 9902, 9908, 9910 and 9916

Drove 9-707 yesterday! It was months since I last was assigned a red balios 1st gen. Not bad considering there's less than 10 left!

Today AM rush drove C2-0008; 9-617 still alive and active on the route 37

Yesterday PM rush drove C2-0005

Monday PM rush drove P9-812 excellent bus and one of the best in the fleet for sure.

Awww I still need 9-913!!! :angry: :angry:

This AM C2-0002 on the 2! I love it when this happens!!! :wub::wub:

Awww I still need 9-913!!! :angry: :angry:

This AM C2-0002 on the 2! I love it when this happens!!! :wub::wub:

Ha that's two 1st gens this week I get that u still need!

Grrrrr :angry: :angry: LOL

Just for fun and throwing this out there, any interest from anyone reading this forum for a first gen charter at RTL?

Note that no date or time is set, merely to see who likes these buses and wants such a thing to happen.

Grrrrr :angry: :angry: LOL

Just for fun and throwing this out there, any interest from anyone reading this forum for a first gen charter at RTL?

Note that no date or time is set, merely to see who likes these buses and wants such a thing to happen.

The bus may be terrible but from a historic perspective, its a great idea. If Ontario people can charter Orion 6s (which a lot of people hate), why can't you? I say do it, I will come for one last ride... *ducks to avoid the tomatoes*

I would come for it as long as its either a 1996 or 1997 (would prefer a 1996 bus since I love the roar of the engine)

The most significant first gens would include:

9-617 - oldest active vehicle at RTL

9-919 - one-off interior and last true first gen

9-920 - 1000th production LFS

Truthfully most of these C8.3 first gens are a joy to drive compared to slow ISCs with their shitty gear ratios (ZF)... Mind you ISLs with Voiths on 2010s are not much better either...

I personally chartered Orion VI from Cornwall Transit, as you know, last year but that's because it is oddball equipment not exactly original to the city. STM retired their first gens (yay) and STL won't charter buses to us or anyone else for that matter, so as far as the RTL is concerned, this is a vehicle of potential interest - other than the AG300 which altogether is a different story.