RTL 1st Generation Novabus LFS Watch

stm_5307N

A pretty decent week for me and first gens. On Monday for PM rush, I drove C9-926 and P9-817 was immediately behind me. The latter was on the 80.

Then yesterday, I had P9-927 for PM rush, whereas I saw P9-817 for routes 85, 185, and 84! The old stuff seems to be making it out to Boucherville this week!

• 1 month later...

I'd like to assure everyone that first gens are very much still alive here at RTL despite the lack of posting. Even though I do not have the dubious luxury of driving them everyday, I do see them very often but sadly I lack the time to post it. For instance, the oldest bus in the fleet P9-817 was very much active this morning on route 20.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We sure do. P9-817 and 9-913 are the last two bona fide first gens we have. Then we have 9-920 through 029 and 2-0001 through 015 active. Then the common second gens start with the 2-02xx series. I see too many first gens in rush hours to make notes, especially while driving, so I just write down what I drive on the rare occasion that I get one.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-04-11 at 9:19 AM, SMS said:

Quite by chance, I got P9-817 in AM rush!

This would have been the last time that I drove this bus as it is now definitely retired behind Garage Longueuil. Apparently 9-913 was transferred to St-Hubert and has been retired according to tristan... leaving P9-920 as the newest oldest vehicle in the RTL fleet. 2-0012 was also parked behind GALO... perhaps the first casualty of the 2000 15-bus order? It is becoming quite rare to see 99s now but 2000s are pretty much always out at rush hours. At this rate, it will be a matter of time until the 2002s become the oldest conventional buses at RTL!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well boys, yesterday I had the pleasure of driving 2-0015 on the 84 in AM rush. P9-921 was sighted on my deadhead back to division this morning. A new board starts on Monday, let's hope that they won't mothball the first gens for the summer. Usually they have a rotation going on.

• 3 weeks later...

C2-0003 on the last inbound 86 this morning, meanwhile I was doing the 86 shuttle in overtime with 21304. The shuttle only does Bachand and Marie-Victorin to Terminus de Montarville, where it connects to the real 86 heading downtown via the JC Bridge. Really easy work!