RTL 1st Generation Novabus LFS Watch

stm_5307N

GALO's oldest bus 9-707 on school tripper route 640 yest PM rush

I must admit that I regularly see first gens out every PM rush weekdays without fail. With patience, one can easily find them on certain school trippers or even better out of Métro Longueuil. I cannot go out of my way to take out my cell phone behind the wheel to take notes or anything of the sort. It appears that my colleague and I tend to report sightings of vehicles when we drive it. Happy hunting folks! Get them while they last... every hybrid order reduces the number of old buses on the road.

• 2 weeks later...

Goodbye and good riddance to tapped out Allison B400R transmissions. Every time I drove this in 9-500 and 9-600 series, my passengers thought that I was driving jerky on purpose. These trannies were clapped out and I am not sorry that they are gone. They must have been a joy to drive when new, for sure they gave good torque.

Hey guys!

Drove 2-0015 finally in revenue service (I had previously driven it on a charter) on route 28 as part as an off day exchange. This was the last 2000 bus that I needed to complete the series. I believe that the last first gen that I have yet to drive in the fleet and that is still active is 9-913.

Hey guys!

I had the displeasure of driving C2-0004 on the 80 and 570 (destination sign Chambly Academy but the institution has been renamed to St. Lambert International High School - the hybrids have been reprogrammed as such). I say displeasure because Boucherville didnt salt the roads like everyone else and as a result I was sliding this way and that. I expect the ruffled feathers of Boucherville to send dozens of complaints my way.

• 2 weeks later...