Green Line LRT

26 minutes ago, downbeat said:

What vehicles are already numbered in the 3000 range? I can't think of any off the top of my head … 

During my time at CT this was how it was explained to me.

1 - 1163 - Low Floor buses

1200 - 1999 - Shuttles

2000 series - LRT

3000 series - non revenue miscellaneous vehicles like trailers, scooters, etc

4000 series - Supervisor vans, PS vans, tow truck

5000 series - MCI

6000 series - articulated buses

7000 series - high floor Flyers

7500 series - low floor Flyers

8100 series - low floor Novas.

Of course it changed over time and there were exceptions, the two U2AC were 3001 and 3002 before being renumbered 2101 and 2102. while 8000 and up is now both Nova and New Flyer.

15 minutes ago, PartiallySD said:

I vaguely remember some #3000 non revenue LRT equipment (don’t think they start at 3001 anyways.) 

Edit: after a small bit of digging, apparently #3028 is a scooter at SG…

I once rode in 3028, being taken to my bus at the far end of SG.

On 11/30/2022 at 10:57 AM, PartiallySD said:

I vaguely remember some #3000 non revenue LRT equipment (don’t think they start at 3001 anyways.) 

Edit: after a small bit of digging, apparently #3028 is a scooter at SG…

Ah, yes, I remember 3028. Wouldn't suprise me if you pull an Edmonton and run a green line replacement shuttle (meaning rebranding the 302?) but run this thing on it.

Screenshot_20221202-230543_Photos.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/29/2022 at 4:40 PM, ProfessorWho said:

Looks like the green line LRV mockup has arrived from CAF

https://livewirecalgary.com/2022/11/29/mock-low-floor-lrv-green-line-calgary-transit/

YAYYY

CONGRATS CITY OF CALGARY TRANSIT ON THIS NICE AND UNIQUE i hope i see it some day

my favorite c train is the S200 c  train i love the touch sensors !

and i hope a C TRAIN has a station to my house one day

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2023 at 1:53 PM, chills_on_the_train said:

Eau Claire's heyday was over in the 90s, should have been demolished 20 years ago. Good to see the land will be put to somewhat better use.

Some massive high-rise affordable housing would be nice...

2 hours ago, LRT said:

They did a pretty decent job on the WLRT line though.

No major issues at all. 

They did, but I’m disappointed they chose then once again, given SNC has had a number of ethical and corruption issues in the past with other projects that go beyond transit. If something does go wrong during the construction of the project they will face backlash that will also make the city look bad at the same time. Anyways….

• 1 month later...

A rebuttal appeared not long afterward:

https://calgaryherald.com/opinion/columnists/opinion-green-line-lrt-a-key-investment-in-calgarys-future

And some Green Line news today about a request for proposals for some kind of grade separation work involving CP Rail at 78 Avenue SE:

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/city-looks-to-start-ogden-construction-in-advance-of-the-green-line

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2102 said:

While 99% of that article is poppycock there is definitely a good point to be made about how utterly useless Phase 1 is going to be running between 16th Ave and Shepard, concerning the overall current transit ridership in the SE. They can promise all this "transit oriented development" all day, if they don't build a line that's useful from the get go it shouldn't take an expert analyst to predict what the ridership will actually look like when complete (and the media coverage of it all at that point as well...)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Card models of the Green Line trains were available from CT at the annual Supertrain show this past weekend. 

Due to the decision to depict the entire continuous length rather than separate cars, it's at a much smaller scale than previous CTrain card models. This becomes problematic for two reasons: 1) the wheels are much, much smaller (roughly half the size of the other cars), which makes them harder to bend down without ripping the much narrower strip of card between the fold point and the edge of the bottom and 2) the slots for the body tabs are right next to the wheels, so if you rip the wheel edges, you might damage the slots for the body, making it all that much more challenging to insert the tab such that they stay in place.

Ft3fjtTaMAAMQjk?format=jpg&name=orig

• Like 2