Tofino Bus...New Service

roeco

Greyhound has applied to eliminate All Service North of Nanaimo and as was expected Tofino Bus has applied to take over everything Greyhound is applying to eliminate. I guess its better to have Tofino Bus run the service anyways...at least its a local Island company that cares..and can easily run the service much better than Greyhound. TBS is applying to run the One Trip Nanaimo to Port Hardy via Campbell River daily as it is now...Plus One Daily Nanimo to Campbell River local trip Daily. The Times for Nanaimo to Port Hardy and return will basically remain the same...However The Nanaimo to Campbell River Departure will move from 3 to 520 pm...And the morning bus from Campbell River will now leave 2 hrs earlier at 715am. This will be huge for ridership as people from up island can come into Nanaimo and sepnd 7 hrs and return the same day...Right Now the schedule does not allow u to do that with Greyhound. Its not approved yet but as in the past it should be a smooth transition...as its proposed for Aug.1 according to Tofino Bus website.

• 3 months later...

It would not be a huge surprise to see Greyhound passenger service eventually disappear off the Island all together...I think u may eventually see Tofino Bus also taking over fully the VIctoria to Nanaimo run anyways from Greyhound as they already run 2 daily schedules on top of Greyhounds current service..

Apparently Tofino Bus is doing the same thing Greyhound did they will run a shuttle between Vancouver Depot and Horseshoe Bay 3 times a day to connect with Island schedules. This will be effective Oct.15. Also I am seeing that TBS will now go directly to the Bear Cove Ferry Terminal at Port Hardy to connect with the Inside Passage ship on Saturdays Only. Departure time is now changed to 8 am daily x Sat and will be 945 am on Sat from Port Hardy.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought they would maybe use a 14 passenger or so, but hey I guess they will be able to handle pretty much any passengers with this one, Their never were very many on Greyhounds shuttle..! However I think they may find that they will need to do at least 4 trips instead of 3.

• 10 months later...

Tofino Bus seems to be doing quite well with their new Island service and have even added a 4th Horseshoe Bay to Vancouver ferry shuttle. They are now operating up to 3 trips per day plus extra on Fri and Sun between Victoria and Nanaimo to connect with their Port Alberni and North Island trips. So with Greyhound and Tofino bus service you are seeing service frequency   you have not seen in quite some time. Especially on the Victoria to Nanaimo run.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Tofino Bus recently announced they will establish a parcel express depot in Vancouver, I assume for all their Island freight and they could become quite popular if other companies decide to interline freight with them from outside the lower mainland. I wonder where they would put one...real estate is pretty pricey in Vancouver...unless they work out a deal with Greyhound to take over the current GCX depot on Thornton St? But who knows! Not sure if Pacific Central has any space that would be suited for a parcel depot?