Jump to content

CPTDB Wiki was recently upgraded! Please report any issues here.

Sign in to follow this  
sdgta2008

Temiskaming Shores Transit

Recommended Posts

New Flyer announced an order of two 35-foot Midi buses to Temiskaming Shores via Girardin.

That Temiskaming Transit is the former Tri-Town Transit which they used to run school bus equipment before, can't believe they are going for low floor transit bus now..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wOw what an exciting news!!! and that place is only 1.5 hour north of North Bay, just north enough to be PERFECT!

Pretty safe to say Simon's going on a road trip soon...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Temiskaming Transit is the former Tri-Town Transit which they used to run school bus equipment before, can't believe they are going for low floor transit bus now..........

To my knowledge they retired that old school bus last year and got a couple of Titan II LF buses to replace it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To my knowledge they retired that old school bus last year and got a couple of Titan II LF buses to replace it.

is that Titan II LF buses used to replace the old school buses got the same scheme as those Tri Town Transit school buses as well? I still recall those Tri Town Transit International school bus equipment with front destination sign and rear door in full Tri-Town Transit scheme!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, who's the latest contractor running it? The modified school bus to transit which was over 20 years old was Stock Transportation!

Mr. Cimon will do anything for his bus collection!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally have a chance to visit Temiskaming Shore after 7 years since my last visit, which was still the "Tri Town Transit" serving Cobalt, Haileybury and New Liskeard at that time with 3 school buses equipment with back door.  All those 3 school buses(#252, 294, 342) have since been retired and scrapped for sure, and being replaced by 4 cutaways since early 2013, which are #50069-72, and very soon to be found too small for the system, together with too many mechanical issues as well.  Of course, of top of my list are looking for the two New Flyer MD35 Midi.  One was seen in service today while the other one was in the shop waiting for parts to be fixed.  Unfortunately they don't have any fleet number to be identified, as "not necessary" according to the staff at the garage.  For those who would like to keep a record of the VIN #, they are as follow:

Plate 5307BJ--2FYD9KR07EB047514

Plate 5306BJ--2FYD9KR09EB047515

BOTH were built October 2014, which i am really wondering if both are ex-demos or not, as they didn't order them until early 2015 according to the news on NFI website before.  All four cutaways are still on property and #50072 was even in service, replacing one of the Midi which is in the shop.  They four cutaway vans are currently used for the weekend(since they are running 7 days a week now), or backup when the Midi are not available.  

On 6/20/2015 at 8:05 AM, general682002 said:

Okay, who's the latest contractor running it? The modified school bus to transit which was over 20 years old was Stock Transportation!

Mr. Cimon will do anything for his bus collection!

Still Stock Transportation, no change!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Silly Tilley said:

Tender out for 2 more low floor buses. Document lists minimum seating capacity as 32 seats so probably looking at 35' buses

PW-RFP-014-2016 - Supply and Delivery of New Transit Buses

It specifies that they want Allison transmission.  That rules out Grande West.  I'm sure they'll get another MIDI through Girardin like last time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sdgta2008 said:

It specifies that they want Allison transmission.  That rules out Grande West.  I'm sure they'll get another MIDI through Girardin like last time.

what a great news!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Temiskaming will be getting 2 30' (not 35' as initially listed in the tender) New Flyer Midi through Girardin. The report lists the buses as stock buses with a quick 8-12 week delivery timeframe so they could be ex demonstrator buses or inventory Girardin already has. Bid prices:

Grande West 35' - $395,000 ($446,350 HST)

Girardin 30' stock buses - $415,587 ($469,613 HST)

Girardin 35' - $463,869 ($524,171 HST)

City View 35' - 464,225 ($524,474 HST)

https://icreate5.esolutionsgroup.ca/231101_TemiskamingShores/en/city-hall/resources/Council/Council_Package/00-16-12-20-Package.pdf

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 2:38 PM, Silly Tilley said:

Temiskaming will be getting 2 30' (not 35' as initially listed in the tender) New Flyer Midi through Girardin. The report lists the buses as stock buses with a quick 8-12 week delivery timeframe so they could be ex demonstrator buses or inventory Girardin already has. Bid prices:

Grande West 35' - $395,000 ($446,350 HST)

Girardin 30' stock buses - $415,587 ($469,613 HST)

Girardin 35' - $463,869 ($524,171 HST)

City View 35' - 464,225 ($524,474 HST)

https://icreate5.esolutionsgroup.ca/231101_TemiskamingShores/en/city-hall/resources/Council/Council_Package/00-16-12-20-Package.pdf

 

City View 35' buses, wondering what is that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently as of, at least January, the 30' Midis have been numbered 72430 and 72431. As for the two 35' Midis, I have no idea as yet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2019 at 11:12 PM, Chris W said:

Apparently as of, at least January, the 30' Midis have been numbered 72430 and 72431. As for the two 35' Midis, I have no idea as yet.

I finally heard back from my fleet contact in Temiskaming Shores. The 35' Midis are numbered 51017 and 50682.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...