PCC Guy

TTC CLRV/ALRV updates and discussion

2 hours ago, 7749 said:

Is 4171(rusted ass CLRV) still alive? It doesnt track, and was last seen in service on August 15 according to transsee

DSCN2936.thumb.JPG.3ae63e6539dcf1b13292f4837ac8c3a6.JPG

the car on the right is 4171 and that was taken on Labour Day just after the ALRV farewell trip.

Any rumours on what will the last CLRV in service be?

17 minutes ago, John Oke said:

According to Transsee 4001 is in the middle of Lake Ontario

It just can’t get the coordinates of the car. It’s still at Russell as far as I know. 4003 is also tracking at Russell again currently.

38 minutes ago, John Oke said:

DSCN2936.thumb.JPG.3ae63e6539dcf1b13292f4837ac8c3a6.JPG

the car on the right is 4171 and that was taken on Labour Day just after the ALRV farewell trip.

Any rumours on what will the last CLRV in service be?

I see the person at the right side of the photo has got the right idea. It’s trespassing but hey it’s one way to get a good photo. 

9 minutes ago, CLRV4002 said:

I see the person at the right side of the photo has got the right idea. It’s trespassing but hey it’s one way to get a good photo. 

I’m pretty sure that was the Wife of the driver who drove the ALRV on the farewell trip getting a photo of the driver with his young son

• Like 4

6 hours ago, CLRV4002 said:

I saw a CLRV pushing/pulling another CLRV along Queen today going eastbound at Yonge. One of them was 4141, anyone know what number the other one was? 

Per FB the other CLRV was the hulk of 4004 being towed back to Russell.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, CLRV4002 said:

4094 hasn’t run in a week according to its tracking data. I’m not sure if it’s MIA though since it’s been known to run not signed in sometimes. 

From watching the tracker I can confirm it's MIA

• Thanks 5

11 hours ago, John Oke said:

I’m pretty sure that was the Wife of the driver who drove the ALRV on the farewell trip getting a photo of the driver with his young son

No, that isn't her.

Dan

23 minutes ago, splendidwizardplayer said:

In the first pic the rear roll it shows 521 

What's the 521?

521 Exhibition East - a special they have used to Exhibition Loop from downtown.  There's also the 522 Exhibition West that would run from Dundas West to Dufferin Gate Loop - but not in many years - that was replaced by the 193 Exhibition Rocket (most recently the 993 Exhibition Express, but hasn't ever actually run).

There's still remnants of it on the TTC website - https://www.ttc.ca/Schedule/schedule.jsp?Route=521E&Stop=EXHIBITION_LOOP

Hasn't run since 2013. Though to this day, you see the occasional 511 Exhibition running westbound on King (running into service from Russell, and last time I took it, from Leslie). Here's the map for that year, still on the TTC website:

521map.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lots of activity in Russell this afternoon.

4207 has Halloween decorations and a microphone set up with banners on both sides advertising the Westlake band.

4186 is stripped.

4051 is hooked up to 4190.

4075 did a lap around the yard and has got a dismantled light fixture inside lying on the floor. Not sure if that belonged to 4075 originally.

• Thanks 8

54 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

Lots of activity in Russell this afternoon.

4207 has Halloween decorations and a microphone set up with banners on both sides advertising the Westlake band.

4186 is stripped.

4051 is hooked up to 4190.

4075 did a lap around the yard and has got a dismantled light fixture inside lying on the floor. Not sure if that belonged to 4075 originally.

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/2019-westlake-the-band-annual-streetcar-party-tickets-72013055989

Turns out 4207 will be going on a rock band charter this evening 

• Thanks 7

Some pics from Russell. 4207 and 4230 were powered up and doing laps around the yard. The other ALRVs were off and 4228 had wheel blocks under its trucks.

oct 25 3.png

oct 25 1.png

oct 25 2.png

• Like 8

What will happen to ALRV's 4221, 4228, 4230 and 4249 will they be sent somewhere, kept as well with 4207 or sent to HCRY to join 4204 or just be sent to the scrap yard?

4 minutes ago, John Oke said:

What will happen to ALRV's 4221, 4228, 4230 and 4249 will they be sent somewhere, kept as well with 4207 or sent to HCRY to join 4204 or just be sent to the scrap yard?

All along I’ve heard they’ll be scrap and the TTC will only preserve 1. There was an instance where I heard 2 ALRVs would be preserved but I doubt it. Even when they were in regular service over the past 1-2 years, having 2 in service on some days seemed just barely doable. 

Speaking of which, to my surprise it seems they sent 4207 out on the charter and there’s no CLRV tracking with it. Perhaps there’s a push truck, but I’m still surprised there’s no CLRV just in case. 

1 minute ago, CLRV4002 said:

All along I’ve heard they’ll be scrap and the TTC will only preserve 1. There was an instance where I heard 2 ALRVs would be preserved but I doubt it. Even when they were in regular service over the past 1-2 years, having 2 in service on some days seemed just barely doable. 

Speaking of which, to my surprise it seems they sent 4207 out on the charter and there’s no CLRV tracking with it. Perhaps there’s a push truck, but I’m still surprised there’s no CLRV just in case. 

It seems they trust 4207 to run its own now, either that or there is indeed a push truck 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TTC Guy said:

Just saw 4178 on the 504A

What exposure does it use when heading to the distillery. Parliament?

2 hours ago, John Oke said:

Would it even go down to Distillery Loop? I thought CLRVs were banished on that segment of track due to noise complaints from nearby residents. Parliament was the initial exposure they used but eventually they used the blank/white sign and had those little 514 Cherry magnetic signs on the short turn flap on the front of the car.

2 hours ago, John Oke said:

All I saw was the rear

4207 is now at Hillcrest, just saw it. 

• Like 2