PCC Guy

TTC CLRV/ALRV updates and discussion

Just now, splendidwizardplayer said:

Does anyone know what CLRV is going to Halton?

4003. It should be loaded soon too if 4204 just was

4 minutes ago, splendidwizardplayer said:

Does anyone know what CLRV is going to Halton?

I was hearing yard rumours that 4003 and 4010 were going to Halton but plans could have changed.

34 minutes ago, CLRV4094 said:

Shortly after you typed this, it was loaded onto a trailer for transporatation to Halton. So it's official. 4204 is preserved!

Here's a not great pic from last night but here's a shot of her on her last night in Toronto.

IMG_20191020_201748-02.jpeg

• Like 9

20 hours ago, CLRV4094 said:

Plus the PCCs and other streetcars at HCRR

I meant like in active service

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tramguy said:

I can't wait to ride 4204 at Halton and whichever CLRV they send!!

High chances that it won’t be running, the Turning radius at Meadowvale Loop is too tight

• Like 4

13 hours ago, TTC Guy said:

High chances that it won’t be running, the Turning radius at Meadowvale Loop is too tight

That is incorrect.

Dan

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TTC Guy said:

How do you know. 

Because I'm not an idiot. Halton County's trackwork is built to TTC specs, right down to the turning loops.

Dan

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, smallspy said:

Because I'm not an idiot. Halton County's trackwork is built to TTC specs, right down to the turning loops.

Dan

I have spoken to several operators and mechanics there and they have said that it is very unlikely that 4204 will run. I they do then it’s my mistake and I will admit that. 

4 minutes ago, TTC Guy said:

I have spoken to several operators and mechanics there and they have said that it is very unlikely that the will run. I they do then it’s my mistake and I will admit that. 

Did they say it wouldn’t run specifically because of the loop or just in general? I wouldn’t have a hard time believing it won’t run for other mechanical reasons.

On the same note, does anyone know if 4221, 4228, 4230 or 4249 or parts from those will be going to Halton to be used on 4204 now or when future repairs are needed? 

4207 has also been brought into the carhouse at Russell 

• Like 6

I was just on Queen near Yonge and saw 4057, 4053 and 4048 go eastbound NIS. Then I saw 4178 go by but couldn’t see the rollsign. It was headed eastbound but signed into the 504. Still heading eastbound on Queen. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TTC Guy said:

I have spoken to several operators and mechanics there and they have said that it is very unlikely that 4204 will run. I they do then it’s my mistake and I will admit that. 

That doesn't have to have anything to do with track geometry.The ALRVs were, as you know, troublesome all their life. It may be simpler to just lay it up on display than to bother trying to get it to work.

That being said, perhaps we should wait for an official statement from the museum, instead of making assumptions.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PCC Guy said:

That doesn't have to have anything to do with track geometry.The ALRVs were, as you know, troublesome all their life. It may be simpler to just lay it up on display than to bother trying to get it to work.

Exactly. An ALRV is capable of running anywhere a CLRV is, which is capable of running anywhere a PCC is, etc.

But the ability to run it? That's a different story.

1 hour ago, PCC Guy said:

That being said, perhaps we should wait for an official statement from the museum, instead of making assumptions.

Also very sage advice. Most of the people at the TTC have no connections at the museum, and have no idea about what their plans are.

Dan

• Like 8

20 hours ago, TTC Guy said:

If they got the Gloucester’s and Montrealer’s through the loop just fine when they used it. I can’t see why an ALRV would be an issue

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, John Oke said:

If they got the Gloucester’s and Montrealer’s through the loop just fine when they used it. I can’t see why an ALRV would be an issue

Beat me to it lol

• Haha 1